Intoxicated Man in Pattaya Area Falls Off Balcony and Dies by Accident

webfact

13 hours ago, sherwood said:

And that is another good reason not to puke from a fifth floor balcony.

Not the obvious place to head for to puke even when smashed. 

Falling is one of my phobias, and I get sweaty palms just reading this.

RIP.

I just hope he was too hammered to realise what was happening before he hit the ground. 

35 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:
16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No suggestion that was the case, either.

One can easily speculate that it was a factor. Have you seen some of those kiddie rails? 

One can but why would one when there's no need for speculation as there's a photo of the condo in the OP?  Judging from rail heights shown with many people looking over them, there's no indication that the height of the rail was a factor.  The height of "some of those other rails" is irrelevant to this OP.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/18/2023 at 8:14 PM, daveAustin said:

Not going to giggle, but that is very good Michael.

Balcony walls here in general are woefully low and this kind of thing is easily done even sans copious amounts of alcohol. Got a bar across our balconies, without which I'm pretty sure I would have gone for a flight long ago.

Im not buying that myth anymore. There was some builds from the 70's that were lower. But most of the railings since then are a pretty standard height. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

slip on a banana peel?

People fall off balconies all the time. Do you think most of them are conspiracies or something ? I don't. Because I know how casual some ppl are around them. Chairs and tables around, kids climbing around on them. Im surprised more kids don't go down them. 

2 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

People fall off balconies all the time. Do you think most of them are conspiracies or something ? I don't. Because I know how casual some ppl are around them. Chairs and tables around, kids climbing around on them. Im surprised more kids don't go down them. 

The comment was for the fellow who I addressed it to, who had recently posted a stupid story about getting way too worked up about bananas - 

My railing ends just below my belly. I would not go over in a strong wind but if I was horsing around out there after a couple beers or a buddy play shoved me or something I could see myself going off. The reason being is there’s more of my body weight above the rail, then below it.

10 hours ago, JimTripper said:

My railing ends just below my belly. I would not go over in a strong wind but if I was horsing around out there after a couple beers or a buddy play shoved me or something I could see myself going off. The reason being is there’s more of my body weight above the rail, then below it.

Drink more beer, a pot belly lowers your centre of gravity. 

On 6/18/2023 at 12:31 PM, Harsh Jones said:

Being scared of heights is a basic survival instinct. When I am drinking more than a couple beer, the balcony gets closed off. 

I don't even go out on the deck when I haven"t been drinking,

those ridiculously short rails may improve the view but are still a safety hazard.