Thai police seize 1,000 million baht assets in embezzlement case linked to ‘Boy’

webfact

I’m sure once the 1 billion Baht investigation is over the 800 million will be returned to the owners and the owners can resume using their 500 million on the basis that the 300 million is no longer used for illegal means. To insure this the 100 million will be kept by the RTP until after the trial by which time the case will be dismissed because the 1 million will be found to-be insignificant and the owners can prove properly earnt.

Edited by Reigntax
  • Haha 2

Imagine the amounts they are trousering at the untouchable levels!

Look at the skyscrapers and malls in Bangkok, it's amazing! And still going Covid or not, inflation or not, wars or not, and yet a farang with a condo will wait years to see a ROI if ever, just renting.

I believe they've even gone DOWN in value while in the western world new buyers can't get a doghouse back home. 

London a trusted global financial centre, looks like toytown by comparison, even New York hasn't built anything to rival Bangkok in recent decades, apart from 9/11 replacements.

Why is this place booming, but ordinary Joe's can't flip anything fast enough to make it worthwhile?

The graft must be worth hundreds of millions of USD a DAY!

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, ezzra said:

Rotten to the core that's what it is, how brazen they mush have all been to embezzle such huge amounts without impunity or fear of getting caught?

I had it on good authority it exists at all levels and it is well organized..... and it is actually near impossible not to get drawn in..... a relative of the Mrs resigned 3 times and it was not accepted, to get away from it, ultimately just stopped going to work. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

I bet this so called "Boy" is actually a ladyboy! Haha, only in Thailand! 

He is Pakorn "Boy" Chatborirak.

They say he is/was a very popular actor.

You'd probably recognize him from adverts, Lakorns.

Not sure exactly how he is tied to the original embezzlement, exactly. He may have helped, those who embezzled the 1.58 Billion baht, clean the money by purchasing high ticket items from the culprits. My guess is that he was an unwitting participant; he simply bought a Lambo off a friend. AMLO since seized the Lambo, and Lenny Lamborghini, the policeman, probably now owns it?

It's all confusing, like most big crimes here, as everyone starts to hear about the big score and they go hunting for a piece of the action.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2023 at 8:02 AM, 2baht said:

Impressive exchange rate! Super Rich??? ???? 

XE.com converts it as $28,713,287.24. I guess the OP rounded up with a little poetic license, or when the exchange rate was higher.

• 1 month later...