Pita Catches Covid For The Third Time, Coalition Talks Put Off

webfact

13 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Someone being jabbed 7 times and getting covid is not anecdotal evidence (suggest you Google anectotal evidence). Some people have never been jabbed and not got covid. Not sure what your point is. Jabbed or not you can still get covid.

The point might be: never contradict or question the made up and false narratives......which seems as most have adhered to. 

If repeated [and forced upon] loud and often enough - all becomes real and true.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Someone being jabbed 7 times and getting covid is not anecdotal evidence (suggest you Google anectotal evidence). Some people have never been jabbed and not got covid. Not sure what your point is. Jabbed or not you can still get covid.

anecdotal evidence

noun

: evidence in the form of stories that people tell about what has happened to them
His conclusions are not supported by data; they are based only on anecdotal evidence.

It is most definitely anecdotal evidence.

Jabbed you are less likely to get Covid, less likely to get a severe case of Covid, and less likely to die from Covid. 
Edited by heybruce

20 hours ago, stoner said:

i will assume he has been fully vaxed...... yet gets covid 3 times. you can't make this stuff up. 

Vax seems to have saved his life 3 times. I'm all for Vax but not forced Vax. Forced meaning , if you don't do what we say then you can't have any cake. 

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

anecdotal evidence

noun

: evidence in the form of stories that people tell about what has happened to them
His conclusions are not supported by data; they are based only on anecdotal evidence.

It is most definitely anecdotal evidence.

Jabbed you are less likely to get Covid, less likely to get a severe case of Covid, and less likely to die from Covid. 

He's tested positive (for the 3rd time) and has had 7 jabs. It's not a story he's saying it's fact. There is obviously evidence of the positive tests and he would have written evidence of his vaccinations. Not anecdotal.

3 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Vax seems to have saved his life 3 times.

you nor anyone else knows that for 100 % fact. he is in the least susceptible age group. healthy. obviously in decent shape with what appears to be no pre existing conditions. 

ill take that bet.

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

He's tested positive (for the 3rd time) and has had 7 jabs. It's not a story he's saying it's fact. There is obviously evidence of the positive tests and he would have written evidence of his vaccinations. Not anecdotal.

It is actually......just a one off personal account and not evidence of anything. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Anecdotal evidence is a statistically insignificant number of cases that do not prove a correlation.  If I flip a coin three times and it comes up heads twice that does not prove a coin will come up heads two thirds of the time. 

A vaccinated person who has exposed himself to thousands of people during an election campaign is at high risk of catching Covid whether he is vaccinated or not.  However he is at low risk of having a serious infection.

Scientific studies of vaccine effectiveness are ongoing due to the evolving nature of the virus and the vaccines developed to prevent/minimize infections, but they always involve thousands or millions of people.

If I tossed a coin a few thousand times and it came up heads two thirds of the time, then I would believe the coin is biased in some manner to come up heads. 

8 hours ago, heybruce said:

Anecdotal evidence is a statistically insignificant number of cases that do not prove a correlation.  If I flip a coin three times and it comes up heads twice that does not prove a coin will come up heads two thirds of the time. 

A vaccinated person who has exposed himself to thousands of people during an election campaign is at high risk of catching Covid whether he is vaccinated or not.  However he is at low risk of having a serious infection.

Scientific studies of vaccine effectiveness are ongoing due to the evolving nature of the virus and the vaccines developed to prevent/minimize infections, but they always involve thousands or millions of people.

If I tossed a coin a few thousand times and it came up heads two thirds of the time, then I would believe the coin is biased in some manner to come up heads. 

I would think he was tested at a hospital. His positive result is evidence of him having civid. There's no arguing this point. It would be on the hospital records. Vaccinations are recorded. There is no arguing this point. It's evidenced. Both would hold up in a court of law as evidence. Absolutely nothing anecdotal about it. He has got covid for the 3rd time. This is true and would been documemted. He has had 7 jabs. This is true and would have been documented. The only way this could be anecdotal is if he is stretching the truth i.e. lying. Do you think this to be the case? Not really sure what the rest of your post is about. Facts are facts. He's caught covid again and he's been jabbed 7 times. 

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I would think he was tested at a hospital. His positive result is evidence of him having civid. There's no arguing this point. It would be on the hospital records. Vaccinations are recorded. There is no arguing this point. It's evidenced. Both would hold up in a court of law as evidence. Absolutely nothing anecdotal about it. He has got covid for the 3rd time. This is true and would been documemted. He has had 7 jabs. This is true and would have been documented. The only way this could be anecdotal is if he is stretching the truth i.e. lying. Do you think this to be the case? Not really sure what the rest of your post is about. Facts are facts. He's caught covid again and he's been jabbed 7 times. 

I'm pro vaccination generally.

But seven (7) covid jabs for a healthy 41 year old is excessive, and would not be recommended by the vast majority of medical professionals around the world.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/22/2023 at 8:39 PM, dinsdale said:

In other news the other day it was announced that Germany had donated another 1 million Pfizer vaccines, so he will now be able to get a couple more doses...........................and still catch covid.

Waiting for the 56th booster shot..jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2023 at 7:57 AM, dinsdale said:

Try to understand that anecdotal evidence is evidence based on anecdotes: A single or small number of events that do not establish a trend.  Yes, it is admissible in court; if a man was caught robbing a bank the prosecutor does not have to establish a trend of bank robberies based on a large number of robberies.

However that is not how vaccine effectiveness is measured.  Vaccines lower the chance of infection, serious illness and death but do not eliminate all risk of these outcomes.  For that reason vaccine effectiveness can not be measured by anecdotes.  Vaccine effectiveness is measured by studying the outcomes of thousands or millions of vaccinations and comparing them to the outcomes of thousands or millions of unvaccinated people. 

That is the difference between anecdotal evidence and empiricle/scientific evidence.  Anecdotal evidence leads to inaccurate conclusions due to random chance or bias, usually from people who draw their conclusions in advance and then seek anecdotes that support them.  Well conducted empirical studies greatly reduce random chance and bias.

Generally people who rely on anecdotal evidence have already drawn their conclusions and reject scientific evidence because it conflicts with their conclusions.