Rehearsals underway for selection of House speaker, two deputy House speakers and prime minister

webfact

image.png

Officials of the Office of Secretariat of the House of Representatives conducted a rehearsal today (Tuesday) of the voting process for the selection of the House speaker, the two deputy House speakers and the new prime minister.

An informed parliamentary source said that the selection of the House speaker and two deputy speakers is expected to take place within the 15 days following the official opening of the new parliamentary session, or around the middle of July.

For the selection of their chosen candidates for the three speaker posts, MPs will cast secret ballots.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/rehearsals-underway-for-selection-of-house-speaker-two-deputy-house-speakers-and-prime-minister/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-06-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Everything must have  a rehearsal?   I thought they were educated adults, and know how to do something, but it seems they have do the same as schoolkids for teachersday.......

In defence, they are a rather pageantry inspired folk.

Observed from decades.

Tradition.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

An informed parliamentary source said that the selection of the House speaker and two deputy speakers is expected to take place within the 15 days following the official opening of the new parliamentary session, or around the middle of July.

Good news, I'm sure it's been decided behind the scenes who is getting each post.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Good news, I'm sure it's been decided behind the scenes who is getting each post.

Yet......what of the revolution? Will it be televised?

Rehearsal?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

Everything must have  a rehearsal?   I thought they were educated adults, and know how to do something, but it seems they have do the same as schoolkids for teachersday.......

hey....One speaker, two debuty speaker and 1 prime minister....that are 4 names that you should not confuse, that is an intellectual task. It would need half an hour to train a dog keeping them apart. So you should plan at least a day for the MPs.

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

i wonder if they will have 200,00baht worth of flowers for the rehearsals?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

For the selection of their chosen candidates for the three speaker posts, MPs will cast secret ballots.

Why would any parliamentary vote be secret? Aren't the constituents supposed to know how their representatives voted on any issue?