Train Travel.

NoshowJones

Recently got a train from Bangkok to Bangmunnak (rapid service) it took about 7 hours. Left Bang Sue at exactly 2.15pm and arrived in Bangmunnak after 9pm. Disgraceful service.

Anyone know how many trains travel north from Nakhon Sawan between about 12 and 6pm? I can get a bus from Bangkok to Nakhon Sawan, then hopefully a train from NS to Bangmunnak.

Cannot get a bus from Bangkok to Bangmunnak and the buses from NS that went past Bangmunnak stopped at the beginning of the pandemic and have not started again.

17 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

What is fast rail? It wouldn't be "rapid" by any chance, would it? Seven hours from Bang Sue to Bangmunnak??

They post the time schedule at the station when you buy the ticket. Did you not look to see the schedule or just want to complain. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

That is very helpful thanks.

You want train services anywhere to anywhere (I do mean anywhere to anywhere), on time every time, clean, not expensive, safe, comfortable, medium speed to fast speed.

Go to Japan.

6 hours ago, Dan O said:

They post the time schedule at the station when you buy the ticket. Did you not look to see the schedule or just want to complain. 

Of course I checked the schedule, the train was due to leave Bang Sue at 2.15pm and arrive at my destination at 7.15pm. It arrived at my destination at 9.05pm.

Edited by Pink Mist
Baiting portion removed

13 minutes ago, scorecard said:

You want train services anywhere to anywhere (I do mean anywhere to anywhere), on time every time, clean, not expensive, safe, comfortable, medium speed to fast speed.

Go to Japan.

I certainly do not expect a train to be almost 2 hours late when there is no unexpected delays.

• Haha 2

Can't beat the old nationalised British Railways methods. More passengers requires more trains and increases operating costs. The solution; raise fares to reduce passenger numbers. If that doesn't work then reduce the number of carriages to make journeys intolerable. That'll discourage those passengers!

• Haha 1

Would agree about delays. One example only last week. My niece was coming home for the weekend from college. Distance 156 km. Rail journey time is 1hr 30mins. I was concerned as we set off in the car 15 minutes late to pick her up. My Mrs said; 'No worry, trains in Thailand are always late'. Correct, when we got to the railway station her train was running 30 minutes late which finally became 45 minutes.

They are always late here, thats been a fact for over 40 years. Simply too much single wide track, hence a lot of stopping. Until about 15 years ago nobody cared. There was a dining car on all long distance trains. Beer and whisky served along with good foods. Nice spicy salads, noodles, and air dried spicy beef or pork to have with your drinks. Then a girl was raped by a railway employee and the brain trust of the SRT decided to ban all booze and cooked food. That stopped a lot of my train travel. They do leave on time, but generally dont arrive on time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

A Baiting reply post has been removed. If one reads the main OP as posted one will see the OP has posted the expected arrival time and the actual time.

Stop the bickering folks and act like adults please.

• Thumbs Up 1