Thailand’s military, police on standby for protests if Pita’s PM bid blocked

webfact

46 minutes ago, bogs smith said:

and rightly so too! 

they would be well within their rights to protest against a stolen vote (again). 

yes but there are majorities without MF possible. It is possible to get >250 MPs without them.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I can think out of my head of 2 posters who gonna be here soon, to condemn the possible protests.

One of them will post pictures of a burning WTC, for the hundred time

If I am the second: I don't condemn peaceful protests.....violence I do condemn.

The right to protest is important and must be protected also for things I don't agree with.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, hughrection said:

Not forgetting the Future Forward won all the seats in Bangkok. This is the heart of the country where industry resides.

They wouldn't dare not allow him to be the PM - would they!

Will be interesting....

Wife says: no way he gets PM

I say: he'll be.....that this all is just theater

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Picnic time. Although , I will be amazed if violence doesn't become stronger than ever before. I hope the police and military realise it's time. Kill all the people then there will be no people to rule over. So might as well lay down weapons and join the people. But if there are good tik tok videos at the time there may not be enough people to demand enough.  

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

We live in interesting times.

The army doesn't care if it has to shoot a few hundred pesky kids. They are not the whole country. Meanwhile, AN commentators will hunker down and wait for the blood to be washed from the streets and continue as before. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 5

23 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

A government takeover by a  military junta is the quintessential " violence" . Someone holding a gun to your head doesn't have to pull the trigger for it to be violence.

How many died?

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The police and military are not always fair in handling peaceful protests..We have seen it several times already, they challenge the protesters and that will make things worse...Let them break barriers as long as they don't fight or shoot control the mass but don't start with watercanons and chemicals, rubberbullits and that kind of ... because it will make things worse

We know a guy who lost his leg, thanks to the explosive tear gas grenades.
But what is odd: in Thailand they are first far less violent than in Europe, but than it can escalate more.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, hughrection said:

Not forgetting the Future Forward won all the seats in Bangkok. This is the heart of the country where industry resides.

They wouldn't dare not allow him to be the PM - would they!

You mean the Senators?? Why wouldn't they dare? Are they not the ones most connected to the unelected caretaker PM? Then there's the soldiers, tanks and guns.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Caldera said:

The people shouldn't allow the election to be stolen from them yet again, and I think they won't.

What's different this time is that the majority of Bangkok's voters voted for Move Forward, so unlike the Red Shirts, their supporters won't need to be bussed to Bangkok from upcountry.

If they find another majority without MF than it is not stohlen....They got 38% so other coalitions are possible

9 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

My b/f told me back in 2011-2012 period - when he was doing his conscription service - that, when ORDERED by the officers to vote Yellow in whatever national election it was, "We poor Isaan boys knew what was what and we all voted Red".

A lesson there on preparatory work to be done by MF & other progressives if mass protests are likely ...

What is vote Yellow? There was never any "yellow" party. Could mean to vote for the Democrats but they aren't yellow.

7 minutes ago, geisha said:

Easy to see who’s side you are on! Democracy is obviously not up your alley .

Fact is the coup against an illegal government (remember it was a caretaker government that was expired) was NOT violent. There was no resistance.

• Sad 1