Latest on the Phuket Driving License renewal.

merijn

Does anybody has any update on the 5 year DL renewal as mine expired last month and i have to renew both my car and bike DL.

I have a Yellow book and pink ID card and a account on the DLT website.

But the DLT elearning website isn't very clear which module you have to choose and everything in in Thai ????

I believe that the walkin is avalaible again as a online appointmant is impossible to make.

Is there still a long waiting time ? and any other infrmation i should know ?

• Like 1

If you want to save time then you can get your renewal in one of the surrounding provinces like Phang Nga. Just call to confirm first and make it a nice day trip. Phuket has been overloaded for a very long time. Usually 2-3 months waiting time. If you have an appointment for the renewal though maybe police wont fine you during a check. Worked for a friend of mine. But no guarantees of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DFPhuket said:

My friend renewed his last month. When he went in at first (like you he had no appointment), they checked all of his papers. They then gave him an appointment to come back in 9 weeks. It was pretty fast when he went back - under an hour. 

As for the DLT eLearning website, choose the foreigner button (the bottom of three) so you'll get the information in English. Watch the video with English subtitles (it stops after every 15 minutes for you to answer questions) and then print out the document at the end. It's much easier to navigate on a laptop. The certificate is valid for 6 months and should be in the stack of papers you need (i.e., copy of license, medical certificate, etc.)

I had read reports on another app that you had to go to the center and watch the video, so I was glad to read your post. This is one of the most revolutionary things introduced by the DLT over covid - along with the online queuing system. I hope they never return to the old method of making us waste a few of hours sitting in a room while locals play on their phone. I renewed mine the other month, not in Phuket, but I was out within 30 mins, great!

Edited by recom273