See how useless your Thai bank is when you go and try to register for the facial scan rule.

Just now, KhaoNiaw said:

But she's right. Kasikorn are not requiring it or doing it for foreigners yet.

what???? How rediculous. Its a requirement from the Central Bank. Did they forgot to impose this rule on Kasikorn?  It means fraudsters will go and open up accounts at Kasikorn. What a joke.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 6

35 minutes ago, ubonr1971 said:

Ive left it to the last moment to go in and do facial recognition scan to get the 50k daily limit approved. 

You haven't "left it until the last minute", there is no cut-off date for registering if your bank has the facility, it can be done anytime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ubonr1971 said:

One would think that the govt GSB (pink bank) would be able to do because it is the Central bank of Thailand that is requesting this new BS legislation. But no, they said foreigners can't do it at GSB

No they arent. Krung Thai Bank is the government bank. GSB is Government Saving Bank a rather smaller bank. You are the first foreigner I have know to have an account there, 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Puccini said:

I saw this advertisement in the Thailand News forum today:

Here's your chance to buy this outfit and reshape it to your liking.

Thanks but no thanks. I'll put up with the whining and moaning for free! ????

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, marin said:

No they arent. Krung Thai Bank is the government bank. GSB is Government Saving Bank a rather smaller bank. You are the first foreigner I have know to have an account there, 

Duh, you just contradicted yourself. GSB has the word 'government' in it. Are you saying its not a government bank???????????????????

It is the most solid bank in Thailand. I have heard from multiple sources (Thai people) that mega rich thai families keep huge savings in GSB. Also heard it from an employee of GSB who's a friend. IMHO its the best place to park money and many foreigners have accounts there accordingly. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

Im living in a developing country and have to practice my mantra 'I have to lower my expectations'. I said it all the time to myself. 

Sadly true. And of all the banks, Bangkok Bank seems to be pretty much the only one that offers professional services at all branches, unlike most of the others where quality of service depends on the individual branches' staff.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

Im living in a developing country and have to practice my mantra 'I have to lower

makes me Laugh when I hear people talk about “ developing country” implying that countries in the West are “ developed “. English language has a way of putting people down, eg Tribes in Africa but Nations in the UK;  Terrorists vs Colonialists, both the same, kill, scare  and maim people to achieve their own objectives!

I have lived and visited Western Countries, they are still backward in many ways, IMHO, Reminds me of a famous graffiti

News Reporter to Ghandi : What do you think of Western Civilization?

Ghandi : I think it’s a good idea.

I don’t lower my standards which sounds racist to me, but “ go with the flow”

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

I wish people would call the call centre of their Thai bank and get correct information and not rely on opinions on this thread from posters. A comment on this thread a few hours ago says a certain Thai bank doesn't know an answer. I called  the call cnter same bank got a competely clear answer; 'only required for Thai citizens. Maybe later for foreigners, but many months and waiting for a clear direction from the Bank of Thailand. Also not needed at the moment for any International Funds transfer using this bank, but if international transfer amount amount is over 150,000Baht a bank officer will interupt the online process to complete some further details, then back to the online process. 

I think with lots of things in Thailand, it depends.  I am required to have photo verification with my Bangkok Bank in order to do money transfers on-line.  I just did a money transfer yesterday and in order to do it, I had to snap a photo on my phone, which then verified the photo with the one on file at the bank.  The transfer then went through.  

I also recently did a money transfer using Wise and discovered that Wise now requires extra steps, including uploading a document with photo ID before the transfer would go through.  I also discovered that I could only send money over 50,000 baht to Bangkok Bank and one other bank which I can't remember the name of.  I don't know if this was always the case or has something to do with the photo verification thing.

12 hours ago, Thailand J said:

one day I asked myself why do i need an account in every thai bank.

will that happen to you?

now I only have to goto Bangkok Bank.

Wow, there's an enlighten highly valuable comment. Where will it end? Will we survive? Perhaps we should all move to the US where everything/everybody is balanced and nobody ever tells a lie.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1