See how useless your Thai bank is when you go and try to register for the facial scan rule.

On 6/28/2023 at 5:23 PM, connda said:

Catch-22.

:smile: Hi, I'm Joe Farang and I want to take 100,000 THB out of my account.
:angry: You need facial ID to take out money.
:smile: Ok, how to I get a facial ID?
:angry: You Farang.  No can get 'facial ID."
:smile: OK, well, I'd like to take out 100,000 THB from my account.
:angry: No can.  You need 'facial ID."
????

So you take out 2 x 49,999 THB.

Sheesh...

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Sheesh...

I just can't see what all the fuss is about if I want a larger amount than a ATM will give I go in the bank with passport and bank book.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:
17 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Sheesh...

I just can't see what all the fuss is about if I want a larger amount than a ATM will give I go in the bank with passport and bank book.

I haven't had time to visit the holding branch of my Bangkok Bank account, some 630 km distant so when it came to transferring a larger amount than 50k last week, I used their Bua Luang online (computer/laptop) method.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I haven't had time to visit the holding branch of my Bangkok Bank account, some 630 km distant so when it came to transferring a larger amount than 50k last week, I used their Bua Luang online (computer/laptop) method.

You can transfer to another branch they won't eat you if you ask. ????

I've just visited my local (Buriram) Krung Thai branch to try to get registered for facial recognition and was told the the bank was currently unable to register foreigners whose accounts were opened using a passport. Apparently the facial recognition registration service for foreigners using their passport will be available after August 2nd. 

49 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just visited my local (Buriram) Krung Thai branch to try to get registered for facial recognition and was told the the bank was currently unable to register foreigners whose accounts were opened using a passport. Apparently the facial recognition registration service for foreigners using their passport will be available after August 2nd. 

Happens over and over in Thailand....implement a new program which only works for those possessing a Thai ID card with the program to be updated later-to-never to also work for foreigners with only a passport.  

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 2:24 PM, Kwasaki said:

You can transfer to another branch they won't eat you if you ask. ????

I opened my account at the BigC sub branch of BKK in Kamphaeng Phet a few years ago because it was open at the weekends and parking was easy..

Recently it has been shut down completely and I assume that my account went back to the main branch where parking is harder.

6 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

I went to a large branch of SCB in Central Bangkok yesterday and was advised that registering for face recognition is for Thai Nationals only. Registering for my wife took about 2 minutes.

Nonsense, got registered at Bangkok Bank 2 months ago and biometric check for 50K works already.

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I opened my account at the BigC sub branch of BKK in Kamphaeng Phet a few years ago because it was open at the weekends and parking was easy..

Recently it has been shut down completely and I assume that my account went back to the main branch where parking is harder.

Yes they did the same here in Sukhothai Big C saying that my account goes to the main BK bk in Sukhothai new city.

The sub branch was handy not that busy and easy to get things done like the letter for year extension money proof.

I guess because not busy was the reason to shut it down.

The main branch is a nightmare.

• Like 1