Staying long term on Tourist Visa Only- Experiences?

23 hours ago, Rosho said:

Iyes you are right, this visa run system is illegal. Hence, I propose solutions for those who depend on it

Visa runs are most definitely not illegal. I've no idea what visa solutions you offer, but  you really need to brush up on the basics to have any credibility.

• Thumbs Up 1

I did three visa waivers, each with a 30 day extension. 
Then I was politely told to get a visa from the embassy if I wanted to come back. 
So I did that and am currently here for 60 days and I will extend for another 30 after that. 
So all in all I’ve been here since last July. 
I’m leaving for a couple of months after that and my next entry will be a Non-O. Probably! 

I’m here for tourism. Not working illegally etc. I just really like Thailand. 
While the embassy did ask for a lot of details, they did understand my situation and the reasons for my ins and outs on waivers and how I have so much free time between work sessions. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He made no reference to you, or your business.

My apologies! I corrected by saying I took it personally, while it was not. Other people here were accusing us of fraud and scam, so I was a little touchy ???? (these posts were now deleted by moderator)

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Folk wanting to have ongoing living in S.E.A can combine living in Thailand with substantial stays in other countries .

Such as Vietnam

How long would be considered "substantial stays in other countries"?

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thailand has some of the most flexible options available including PE visa etc. 

Back to back ongoing SETV not an option. 

What about near back to back METV from your home country with one month spent in your home country? (Not SETV)

Edited by bbi1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There are couple of countries with unlimited border entries.

Malaysia being one.

My understanding is Russia is not. 

Is Laos passport holders one of them with unlimited land border bounces into Thailand too?

19 hours ago, marin said:

"

Find out and discover a world of opportunity with Thailand Success Solutions!

Founded by visionary entrepreneurs,"

Who are some of the visionary entrepreneurs who founded your organization, and what have they contributed to society at large? Thanks.

The ThaiSprout Program founders are Josh from IMT Group Co., Ltd and myself, Robert "Rosho" Hopp, Managing Partner of InterTaG Co., Ltd, together with dozens of other entrepreneurs from many countries, for which we provided BOI Smart T or S visas. 

The community is run by our companies, both Social Enterprises, reinvesting 100% of our profits in social projects, under the Social Enterprise Promotion Act 2019 by King Rama X. 

We are just launching our Sprout.coop community website, containing SproutBook, an equivalent of Facebook, but internal to our members. From their profiles, the members have access to the Talad.Sprout e-commerce platform marketplace (like Lazada), with auction option (like eBay), NFT and crypto marketplace, employment agency and job opportunities (like LinkedIn), events marketplace (like Eventbrite), financial services in our in-house bank, Money.Sprout, crypto services, fund-raising for non-profits, NGOs, foundations (we count the Royal Family Foundation among our connections). 

We also created Hedge Fund as a Service to finance projects of all kind, we just signed with the Blue Helicopter Foundation, which is the helicopter pilot and instructor of King Rama IX building a museum for 25 M THB. Our members can also have their websites hosted for free on Social.Sprout. 

We have a partnership with the Federation of Cooperative to bring the 8000 cooperatives wit 12 million members in Thailand in the digital world, showcase them on Sprout.coop, provide micro credits and credit union services at a fraction of the cost of classic banks, who currently monopolize the sector. 

We partner with the 70 Million Thai royal project, which was started under King Rama IX but then became dormant, to restart the program under King Rama X, providing wisdom and guidance tokens, both offline and online.

Further on, we are building a social food order and delivery platform (like Grab), a social logistics platform to syndicate the thousands of decentralized logistic providers. We build a payment platform with our in-house ThaiSprout Coin (THSP) and wallet to enable crypto payments for our members in shops, transportation, etc. Academy.Sprout will be our learning and booking platform off-line and online teaching. 

You are welcome to contact me and visit https://sprout.coop/ from where you can see all our social initiatives. 

5 hours ago, mockingbird said:

Visa runs are most definitely not illegal. I've no idea what visa solutions you offer, but  you really need to brush up on the basics to have any credibility.

Once you are exhausted of visa runs, its danger, costs, and uncertainty, and want to work and live in Thailand in a fully compliant way, come visit https://sprout.coop, we have alternatives.

1 minute ago, marin said:

Thanks for the detailed answer. In all honesty I would not look at your project due to the excessive and often inaccurate hyperbole. But thats just me. 

Excessive, I get it, it's a big program, but what exactly is "inaccurate hyperbole"? You asked about our vision and track record of social engagement, so here it is ????

1 hour ago, marin said:

Thanks for the detailed answer. In all honesty I would not look at your project due to the excessive and often inaccurate hyperbole. But thats just me. 

My guess is that you wouldn't be in a position to use his project regardless of how it was worded, you just wanted to have a go at him.  But, as you said, that's just you.

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

My guess is that you wouldn't be in a position to use his project regardless of how it was worded, you just wanted to have a go at him.  But, as you said, that's just you.

Lou I have seen a few other posters having  a go at you. I now see why. Please dont try to read my mind or my motivation in posting. Deal with your own posts. Thanks. 

I also dont need your guesses. I prefer being on the mark rather than off. 

Edited by marin
  • Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

clearly, yes, "just have a go" was the purpose here???? but it gave me the opportunity to explain the whole picture to this audience. So thank you, @marin

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bbi1 said:

What about near back to back METV from your home country with one month spent in your home country? (Not SETV)

If your embassy will issue you the back-to-back visas (which some would pre Covid, but most would not) then it should be possible to stay as a long stay tourist in Thailand. Note that there were a few cases of officials improperly denying entry to those with tourist visas back around 2019. It would be prudent to arrive at airports where this never happened (such as Chiang Mai) or via most land crossings.

12 hours ago, BritTim said:

If your embassy will issue you the back-to-back visas (which some would pre Covid, but most would not) then it should be possible to stay as a long stay tourist in Thailand. Note that there were a few cases of officials improperly denying entry to those with tourist visas back around 2019. It would be prudent to arrive at airports where this never happened (such as Chiang Mai) or via most land crossings.

I think the Embassy/Consulates in Australia were ok with multiple METV issued pre-Covid. Any reports from anyone else recently on how they are these days?

49 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I think the Embassy/Consulates in Australia were ok with multiple METV issued pre-Covid. Any reports from anyone else recently on how they are these days?

A METV allows stay in Thailand of almost 9 months.

You are asking about back to back METV with one month back in Oz between the 2 visas.

You won't obtain any guarantee on Asean Now.

I think it's a crazy plan. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1125420-it-finally-happened-denied-entry-at-bkk-on-metv/

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

A METV allows stay in Thailand of almost 9 months.

You are asking about back to back METV with one month back in Oz between the 2 visas.

You won't obtain any guarantee on Asean Now.

I think it's a crazy plan. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1125420-it-finally-happened-denied-entry-at-bkk-on-metv/

If someone were to be unlucky and get denied entry at BKK airport with a METV, which other neighbouring countries would it be best to fly out to so they can try again to enter Thailand via air or by land? And which airports or land borders into Thailand?

12 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

If someone were to be unlucky and get denied entry at BKK airport with a METV, which other neighbouring countries would it be best to fly out to so they can try again to enter Thailand via air or by land? And which airports or land borders into Thailand?

You do not have choice.

If refused entry at Thai airport you would be returned to where you departed from.

I might sound heavy handed however unless I'm confused ... thinking you have asked about back to back METV with month in-between.

No can do imo. 

What's it about? Thai gf ..

You cannot stay in Thailand ongoing.

Generally using various tourist visas and visa exempt entries.

Yes you can stay ongoing for one year + .

Have suggested previously that time spent in other countries is good idea. 

Vietnam would be my pick.

Few days doesn't cut it if extensive history in Thailand without time out. 

Edited by DrJack54

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What's it about? Thai gf ..

You cannot stay in Thailand ongoing.

Generally using various tourist visas and visa exempt entries.

Yes you can stay ongoing for one year + .

Have suggested previously that time spent in other countries is good idea. 

Vietnam would be my pick.

Few days doesn't cut it if extensive history in Thailand without time out. 

A Lao gf living in Thailand.

Way under 50 years old so METV is the only thing that makes financial sense.

Ideally need maybe 2 more years in Thailand like this with METVs before we move to another country permanently.

How much time in other countries generally is a good idea?

Edited by bbi1

7 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Way under 50 years old so METV is the only thing that makes financial sense.

How much time in other countries generally?

Buy a PE (elite) visa ... OR

"Way under 50" obtain a non b and get a job. 

Can't do that then obtain dodgy non ED visa with an agent .

You have back yourself into unrealistic situation imo.

Good luck. 

Edited by DrJack54

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Buy a PE (elite) visa ... OR

"Way under 50" obtain a non b and get a job. 

You have back yourself into unrealistic situation imo.

Good luck. 

Definitely don't want a job in Thailand and not really keen on an Elite for the price as I won't need 5 years.

What about an ED visa for one year? I had ED visa about 10 years ago studying Thai for one year. Maybe another language or Muay Thai for a year could be another option? Or can I study Thai again for another year? ????????????????????????

Edited by bbi1

3 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

What about an ED visa for one year? I had ED visa about 10 years ago studying Thai for one year. Maybe another language or Muay Thai for a year could be another option? Or can I study Thai again for another year? ????????????????????????

Where are you located in Thailand.

It might be best to chat with an agent re any non ED visa options. 

Won't be cheap. 

Edited by DrJack54

16 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Maybe you could consider spending some time in Laos, apparently there are ways to get a one-year business visa without actually working. Quite affordable compared with the Thai Elite visa that you say is too expensive. 

41 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

If you have an actual visa, based on previous history, you would be safe flying into Chiang Mai. For entry by land, flying to Vientiane and crossing the Friendship Bridge to Nong Khai is one good solution. Your main challenge is going to be getting those back-to-back METVs. Unless your home country Thai embassy is unusually friendly, I doubt that will happen. Staying on single entry visas and visa exemptions is not going to be feasible now.

6 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

In Jomtien

Plenty of good agents in Pattaya.

Go to Maneerat Soi 13/2 (Soi post office) and have a chat.

Agents don't charge for a chat to discuss options.

If you are in Jomtien then Tic Tok visa services is an option.

6 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Maybe you could consider spending some time in Laos, apparently there are ways to get a one-year business visa without actually working. Quite affordable compared with the Thai Elite visa that you say is too expensive. 

Laos is not really a place I'd want to spend more then a week in and the gf also wants to stay in Thailand too. I guess that could be a last resort option to keep in mind.

8 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If you have an actual visa, based on previous history, you would be safe flying into Chiang Mai. For entry by land, flying to Vientiane and crossing the Friendship Bridge to Nong Khai is one good solution. Your main challenge is going to be getting those back-to-back METVs. Unless your home country Thai embassy is unusually friendly, I doubt that will happen. Staying on single entry visas and visa exemptions is not going to be feasible now.

Ok thanks. Will keep that in mind.

If someone were to have already activated their first entry into Thailand for their METV and the METV is still valid, can they get denied entry into BKK airport for the 2nd or 3rd or 4th entry if the METV 6 month period is still valid?

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Plenty of good agents in Pattaya.

Go to Maneerat Soi 13/2 (Soi post office) and have a chat.

Agents don't charge for a chat to discuss options.

If you are in Jomtien then Tic Tok visa services is an option.

Ok thanks for the agent suggestions. Will keep them in mind.

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

Ok thanks. Will keep that in mind.

If someone were to have already activated their first entry into Thailand for their METV and the METV is still valid, can they get denied entry into BKK airport for the 2nd or 3rd or 4th entry if the METV 6 month period is still valid?

Once immigration officials start improperly denying entry, it is unpredictable when it might happen, so yes.