Public outcry after a video emerges of a youth attacking a mentally ill man in Bangkok

snoop1130

F21A0DD3-4D44-49C6-9106-CE9879F071F3.jpg

A video has been widely shared on social media showing an irate youth attacking a mentally ill man with a stick in a fit of anger. The disturbing incident took place today near Praratchawong Police Station, at the mouth of the Talad canal in the Phra Nakhon district of Bangkok. The agitated young man’s outbursts have provoked discussions among viewers about the display of raw hostility.

In the video (which was too disturbing to post in this article), the belligerent young man is shown violently assaulting a man presumed to have mental health issues. He seems to be uncontrollably livid, loudly complaining, and insinuating that the mentally unstable man initiated the attack, as he struck him with a long rod.

Meanwhile, onlookers gathered to observe the altercation. They attempted to calm the temperament of the irked individual but to no avail. The situation only worsened as the angry man spiralled further into a rage-filled frenzy, boldly daring to face any consequences while calling himself ‘Satan.” His aggression towards the mentally unstable man continued unabated.

By Nattapong Westwood

Caption: Photo by Khaosod.

#news

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/public-outcry-after-a-video-emerges-of-a-youth-attacking-a-mentally-ill-man-in-bangkok

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

12 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

or he was listening to Slayer backwards ????

Being ignorant of cannabis and other forms of drugs I was led to believe that cannabis was a calming drug? I'm sure there are many who will enlighten me on this.

1 hour ago, stoner said:

i thought it was led zepplin. 

That reminds me of a photocopy my mom brought home from church one day, it had all the "Satanic" bands on it that one should avoid. I was a bit miffed to see Led Zep listed as well as Ozzy Osbourne et al but apparently if you play Stairway to Heaven backwards then you become one with the Prince of Darkness. Lord help you if you smoked weed as well ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

That reminds me of a photocopy my mom brought home from church one day, it had all the "Satanic" bands on it that one should avoid. I was a bit miffed to see Led Zep listed as well as Ozzy Osbourne et al but apparently if you play Stairway to Heaven backwards then you become one with the Prince of Darkness. Lord help you if you smoked weed as well ????

I never found a way to play it backwards.   

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, brianthainess said:

It's called Humour are you german? :giggle::sorry:

I understand humour. But stating being ignorant of the effects of cannabis I was sure someone would rise to the bait. Ja voll.????