Is England good enough?

Goat

I got a free ticket to go with friends to Edgbaston to watch one of the matches.  I'm not a cricket fan, but people told me it would be exciting.

It was truely one of the most boring days out I have ever had.

I just don't understand how people can get excited about this stuff.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, sharksy said:

I got a free ticket to go with friends to Edgbaston to watch one of the matches.  I'm not a cricket fan, but people told me it would be exciting.

If you've ever played 'back yard cricket' or played regular Saturday cricket, or played social cricket, then you'd understand.

Talking about social cricket: we used to play the US Navy (when they visited) a game of 'social' cricket.

Can't get out on the first ball, no shoes (hard ball), drinks every 3 overs.

Everyone was RS very quickly, broken toes etc.

We had a quad bike there and a few of the Navy got quad bike riding round and round the paddock, faster and faster, until one guy ran into the barbed wire fence, that strung him up. When he fell off he was just a sheet of blood. Lucky he was so drunk he didn't feel the pain until much later.

Twas good fun at the time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, carlyai said:

Bit of controversy, but 2 up. :)

Underarm bowling by us convicts next test. :)

Not really. Bairstow did the same thing on day 3. The English coach also did it as a player. Broad is a known cheat as well.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

As an Aussie i was disappointed watching the Bairstow decision unfold live.

But then i thought it evened up Starc's catch not being allowed.

What it did do was make for the most exciting hour of cricket i've seen in a long time.

Do Bunnings have any stores in England? ????

england made the rules and are now whinging when they are applied despite the fact they have done exactly the same thing(even a couple of days prior it was attempted by bairstow) in the past to remove batters, shows how pathetic they really are, even their coach who is whinging did the same thing to get players out when he was playing. Problem is their bazball BS is falling apart and as its designer they cannot handle the fact they are being beaten by a better team, shortened boundaries so they could hit more fours, flat deck to try to stop the aussie bowlers has all proven useless so now all they can do is whinge and cry about it when the aussies do the same things they have done/tried in the past.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

As an Aussie i was disappointed watching the Bairstow decision unfold live.

But then i thought it evened up Starc's catch not being allowed.

What it did do was make for the most exciting hour of cricket i've seen in a long time.

Every keeper does it. Amazed it's an issue and the English press have no idea if they don't know it's common. Bairstow is a goose.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bignok said:

Every keeper does it. Amazed it's an issue and the English press have no idea if they don't know it's common. Bairstow is a goose.

Yes. 

It is like one idiot in the crowd didnt know that and all the sheeple in the crowd followed.

Ugly, disgraceful scenes in the members who you think would actually know better.

Three of the idiots have been banned.

The Australian players showed dignified restraint. I think if it was me I would have started swinging haymakers.

Sore losers, that is for sure.

29 minutes ago, seajae said:

england made the rules and are now whinging when they are applied despite the fact they have done exactly the same thing(even a couple of days prior it was attempted by bairstow) in the past to remove batters, shows how pathetic they really are, even their coach who is whinging did the same thing to get players out when he was playing. Problem is their bazball BS is falling apart and as its designer they cannot handle the fact they are being beaten by a better team, shortened boundaries so they could hit more fours, flat deck to try to stop the aussie bowlers has all proven useless so now all they can do is whinge and cry about it when the aussies do the same things they have done/tried in the past.

Typical really.

58 minutes ago, bignok said:

Carey has totally outplayed the useless Bairstow in both matches. Been the main difference between the sides. England would be leading 2 nil if you swapped them.

Agree. Along with the terrible captain's decisons.

4 minutes ago, Goat said:

Yes. 

It is like one idiot in the crowd didnt know that and all the sheeple in the crowd followed.

Ugly, disgraceful scenes in the members who you think would actually know better.

Three of the idiots have been banned.

The Australian players showed dignified restraint. I think if it was me I would have started swinging haymakers.

Sore losers, that is for sure.

Carey has been on fire. Stood down legside for Duckett catch. Equal man of the series level with Usman for mine.

Equal duds of the series Anderson and Bairstow.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 2:33 PM, goldenbrwn1 said:

Why is everyone even entertaining the OP’s loaded dumb question? He hates the Brits (esp the English) with a passion and goes out of his way to put them down at every opportunity and not in a bantering way I might add. 

I am not sure what you are on about. I spent 3-4 months in England in the 90's.

I loved so many Brits while there the Englishman i was staying with said he thought i had had more English lovers in my holiday there than most Englishmen have in their lifetimes. 

The English lasses sure like booze and extacy and lovemaking, thats for sure.

Anyway, out of the 359 tests Australia and england have played, did you know that England have only won 111, or 30.9%.

Less than one in three.

This current series is looking true to form, perhaps might be even worse.

6 hours ago, sharksy said:

You need to know rules of the game. Mind you test cricket is only exciting 20% of the time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Goat said:

I am not sure what you are on about. I spent 3-4 months in England in the 90's.

I loved so many Brits while there the Englishman i was staying with said he thought i had had more English lovers in my holiday there than most Englishmen have in their lifetimes. 

The English lasses sure like booze and extacy and lovemaking, thats for sure.

Anyway, out of the 359 tests Australia and england have played, did you know that England have only won 111, or 30.9%.

Less than one in three.

This current series is looking true to form, perhaps might be even worse.

England are only good in England. In Australia they often lose 4 or 5 nil. When Broad retires their bowling attack will be weak. Their keeper is a joke so need a new one. Their top 6 looks ok though. 

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

England are only good in England. In Australia they often lose 4 or 5 nil. When Broad retires their bowling attack will be weak. Their keeper is a joke so need a new one. Their top 6 looks ok though. 

Not really.They have only won 52 out of 170 on home soil. 

Or 30.6%.

On 6/30/2023 at 3:26 PM, Goat said:

second test is now looks like being a draw.

NOPE. 

We WON ????

I see the Pom's are not only the biggest moaners and complainers on AN forums, you guys are massive whingers and whingers when it comes to the ASHES. 

Bloody Pom's ????

Just a bunch of cranky guys. 

Looosen up chappies. 

https://fb.watch/lyfKiJQSj-/?mibextid=Nif5oz

It saddens me to see you angry bunch living in Thailand. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

NOPE. 

We WON ????

I see the Pom's are not only the biggest moaners and complainers on AN forums, you guys are massive whingers and whingers when it comes to the ASHES. 

Yep, they choked it up yet again.

I totally agree with your sentiments. Never seen a pack of such sore losers coming up with bizarre excuses ever. Very ugly and cowardice scenes. Tough guys when outnumbering the Aussies 20 to 1. 

But be careful, some people like snitching.

They will start turning on themselves soon, the current deflection has no legs.

Most likely lead by Pieterson, who disgusting claimed Lyon batted with a sore leg in an attempt to be replaced. Knowing full well he had witnessed his good friend die from being hit in the head. 

How low will they go?

Next game in three days.

• Like 1