Trump sparks speculation by ranting about ‘charges’ in Georgia

Social Media

image.png

Donald Trump set off speculation that he expects to be criminally charged in an election tampering probe in Georgia, ranting on social media about “all charges against me” in the high-profile case. That’s even though no such charges have been formally announced.

On Friday, Mr Trump posted on Truth Social that Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis will be “dropping all charges against me for lack of a case.”

The former president has been under investigation in the Georgia county since February 2021, after he was recorded pressuring top Georgia officials to “find” him enough votes to win the 2020 election.

In his post on Friday, Mr Trump defended the 2 January, 2021, call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, as “perfectly legal”

“I made a PERFECTLY LEGAL PHONE CALL, AS PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, ABOUT AN ELECTION THAT I STRONGLY FEEL WAS RIGGED AND STOLLEN,” Mr Trump wrote. “NONE of the MANY LAWYERS on the call minded my words, or even hinted at wrongdoing.”

STORY

image.png

4 minutes ago, Misty said:

Any charges expected for Senator Lindsey Graham?

I don’t know if shameless boot licking is a crime or not it’s certainly a crime against nature lol ???? sounds like old Donnie’s having a right strong  tantrum 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Tug said:

I don’t know if shameless boot licking is a crime or not it’s certainly a crime against nature lol ???? sounds like old Donnie’s having a right strong  tantrum 

The Senator from South Carolina's phone call to Georgia's Secretary of State sounds like it crossed more than state lines:

"Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis will look into the call Graham made to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger 10 days after the Nov. 3 election, the Post reported, citing an unnamed person familiar with the probe.

Graham, a Republican and a close Trump ally, asked Raffensperger whether he had the power to toss out all mail ballots in certain counties, Raffensperger has told the Post."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-georgia-graham-idUSKBN2AD046

• Like 2

My opinion of Lindsey will not change until I see him show up on the Senate floor in drag.  I think he would be a great Blanche Dubois.  He's probably done her before.  Scarlett O'Hara could work too.  If he wants to play it evil, then Regina (the Bette Davis character) from Little Foxes.

Well, he is getting on in years, so maybe Maw Kettle.

But really though, I don't have much optimism for bringing DT to justice in Georgia, them good ol' boys will do some kind of intercept.  All hope is on the Federal case

Edited by bendejo