Extension of retirement visa, some new regulations?

Hi there.

I have to renew my retirement visa and the following spouse of my wife. after a year you forget some things.

What copy of which pages they want from passport?

Now in Jomtien, Chonburi, they seem to ask new things. Not know if it is true. I do my retirement myself. No need for agency, as I have all requirements. But now they want again other proof of where you live. I am NOT tenant, I have parts in company, owning my house. I registered already my place of stay at immigration (have paper in passport).

It is said to me , I need DLT clearance, of all shareholders of company, and show copy of their yellow book. Not understand this procedure  at all. And if it is really asked.  Be aware, for the moment, immigration, not asked this to me, it was reported, when asking for requirements to renew, on forum.

Some have more information about this?

Edited by indieke

14 minutes ago, indieke said:

It is said to me , I need DLT clearance, of all shareholders of company, and show copy of their yellow book

Maybe they want to investigate your company to establish if you're illegally using Thai nominees to circumvent the restrictions on land ownership by foreigners 

Or maybe they just want to make things difficult for you to entice you to use an agent. With Jomtien in particular, that would be a reasonable guess.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Caldera said:

Maybe they want to investigate your company to establish if you're illegally using Thai nominees to circumvent the restrictions on land ownership by foreigners 

Or maybe they just want to make things difficult for you to entice you to use an agent. With Jomtien in particular, that would be a reasonable guess.

I have yet, not been asked anything. I was reported, they became annoying about your registered place of living, not company related.

Last year, they were very helpful, but that is what living in Thailand is all about. Little rules, with no sense that changes.

23 minutes ago, indieke said:

It is said to me , I need DLT clearance, of all shareholders of company, and show copy of their yellow book. Not understand this procedure  at all. And if it is really asked.  Be aware, for the moment, immigration, not asked this to me, it was reported, when asking for requirements to renew, on forum.

This is unclear.

Immigration has not asked you for this information, no one has asked you for this information.  Correct?

You say it was reported, on a forum, somewhere, by someone. 

You have no actual experience of this new requirement, you only read about it?

10 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

This is unclear.

Immigration has not asked you for this information, no one has asked you for this information.  Correct?

You say it was reported, on a forum, somewhere, by someone. 

You have no actual experience of this new requirement, you only read about it?

Uh, not really. I have  a small FB forum for Belgian expats. Members reported this, wo RECENTLY went to immigration. One in Prae, got full treatment. Denying 2 times and coming home with 2 officers, asking neighbors if he lived there and was a good neighbor. With pictures taken laptop, 2 extra officers. 

This is extreme, and I am not talking about THIS particular case. it is not about firms, just that you have to show more proof of stay to immigration...

6 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Retirement visa?  Or non O extension based on retirement ? Or non OA extension? Or….

Never understand much of these qualification, if I am right Non O extension retirement....

45 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Retirement visa/extension but also owner of company ? Should you not have a workpermit and so on? 

No work permit is needed to own shares of a company.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, indieke said:

Uh, not really. I have  a small FB forum for Belgian expats. Members reported this, wo RECENTLY went to immigration. One in Prae, got full treatment. Denying 2 times and coming home with 2 officers, asking neighbors if he lived there and was a good neighbor. With pictures taken laptop, 2 extra officers. 

This is extreme, and I am not talking about THIS particular case. it is not about firms, just that you have to show more proof of stay to immigration...

So you are saying you made up your whole OP about Jomtien and it is BS?

57 minutes ago, marin said:

So you are saying you made up your whole OP about Jomtien and it is BS?

Where did you get that? Not at all. I never said I already went. I clearly state "it seems".  One person, gone recently, needed more proof of where to stay, when not needed before, the other was denied, even with proof visa, and had immigration give a visit, in Prae.

So as I have to renew as soon as possible, the post is about, if other people, at Jomtien, were ask to give more proof of residence, and which pages I have to copy of my passport.

Now if it not happen to you, good, which not means, it was not asked to others.  The part of having parts in company of my house, is for others irrelevant.  It has nothing to do with it, other, you need other proof then to rent.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, indieke said:

Now if it not happen to you, good, which not means, it was not asked to others

There has been no  change of requirements for extensions based on retirement.

Couple of years ago there were 3 (?) one page forms to sign.

Basically aware of overstay laws etc.

Have not understood any of your posts.

Here is thread specific to Jomtien.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1248798-non-imm-o-retirement-extension-jomtien/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Love It 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There has been no  change of requirements for extensions based on retirement.

Couple of years ago there were 3 (?) one page forms to sign.

Basically aware of overstay laws etc.

Have not understood any of your posts.

Here is thread specific to Jomtien.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1248798-non-imm-o-retirement-extension-jomtien/

Thanks for, the link.  The only thing stated in my posts, is that they ask more information now, about where you live, and need more proof of that.  The other questions are answered in your link.

• Confused 1

Different desks at Jomtien Immigration have different degrees of friendliness. The retirement desk, while very busy, is rarely a problem if you meet the requirements. They will insist of a 12-month bank statement, so ensure you have that. I do not expect you will be hassled.

• Love It 1