To proceed, MFP must show more political maturity

webfact

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Perhaps in this instance mature is a coded word for corrupt, bent, moral sacrifice, broken ethics, bought and paid for, and working within a system of patronage. 

Their relative youth and lack of capitulation is what the people want. 

I am sure they'll soon show that they can be as corrupt if not more than the previous government ????

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, h90 said:

But they didn't had big projects...so they didn't do much harm.....But MFP want to change everything and having no clue of anything.

To be stupid is no problem if you are lazy....but it is if someone is hard working

I don't agree I think MFP has a lot of knowledge and want to bring things in line with the 21st century. But the only thig is in Thailand that everything is going so very slowly as Thai people are afraid of changes, brainwashed in the schools, as it is now it is the best for Thailand. And the previous Government did not have big projects and did not harm the country so much?? I think they have harmed the country much more than any other Government and had no clue what so ever. Not educated, but only educated to order but had no clue what they were doing. best example the Covid crisis and the vaccination program and even still a lot of people are wearing masks because the Government never told them to stop it.  Stupidity and laziness are both problems but hardworking and motivation will always bring you further. That is what MFP has motivation and they will work hard and will face a lot of hurdles but it is for the best of the country.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

A demonstration of faith, and hope for a brighter future, for Thailand, eh? Nothing can ever change? Nothing can ever improve? 

Sorry, but some of us possess hope and faith. Dreaming of a better future for this wonderful nation is not such a terrible activity to engage in, is it? Sometimes, some naivety can be a good thing, if it gives us a reason to get up in the morning. 

I am over 50 and with every government in my home country I thought the old one was so bad it can be only better...and every time it was worse.

I rather keep realistic...and be surprised if it is better than I thought....But I got cynical.....

• Love It 1

14 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I don't agree I think MFP has a lot of knowledge and want to bring things in line with the 21st century. But the only thig is in Thailand that everything is going so very slowly as Thai people are afraid of changes, brainwashed in the schools, as it is now it is the best for Thailand. And the previous Government did not have big projects and did not harm the country so much?? I think they have harmed the country much more than any other Government and had no clue what so ever. Not educated, but only educated to order but had no clue what they were doing. best example the Covid crisis and the vaccination program and even still a lot of people are wearing masks because the Government never told them to stop it.  Stupidity and laziness are both problems but hardworking and motivation will always bring you further. That is what MFP has motivation and they will work hard and will face a lot of hurdles but it is for the best of the country.

Even I don't want to agree, but I have to...You are correct on the Covid example.....100% correct.

I think globally in the 1970-1990 many things were much better and people more happy than in the 21st century. So it legit to be very careful with big changes because they are mostly not reversible.

I think we should be grateful that the previous government had no "big projects" (that would be overpriced nonsense anyway).

Many things that MFP promised will be a disaster for Thai economy...far worse than "do nothing Prayut"...or it is just empty talk like usual for politician than many people will be very disappointed.....

The only good thing I see is that Prayut is out.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h90 said:

Even I don't want to agree, but I have to...You are correct on the Covid example.....100% correct.

I think globally in the 1970-1990 many things were much better and people more happy than in the 21st century. So it legit to be very careful with big changes because they are mostly not reversible.

I think we should be grateful that the previous government had no "big projects" (that would be overpriced nonsense anyway).

Many things that MFP promised will be a disaster for Thai economy...far worse than "do nothing Prayut"...or it is just empty talk like usual for politician than many people will be very disappointed.....

The only good thing I see is that Prayut is out.....

A disaster for the economy is a bit too harsh I think..but time will tell,   more freedom of press and speech, gay marriage, are good thins for the economy. Higher salaries for the people seems to be bad, but if you look in the past than several countries had the same problem, but in the end it brought more prosperity. However I thing they have to get rid the daily salary system and make it monthly, how difficult that will be for most daily/weekly paid ones 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

A disaster for the economy is a bit too harsh I think..but time will tell,   more freedom of press and speech, gay marriage, are good thins for the economy. Higher salaries for the people seems to be bad, but if you look in the past than several countries had the same problem, but in the end it brought more prosperity. However I thing they have to get rid the daily salary system and make it monthly, how difficult that will be for most daily/weekly paid ones 

I am all for more freedom of speech....But I believe it when I see it....112 is the smallest problem. For higher salary first there need to be a better education system. That seems a difficult thing to do.

Being hostile to neighbors, Myanmar and Cambodia and to China and Russia is terrible for economic....

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

A demonstration of faith, and hope for a brighter future, for Thailand, eh? Nothing can ever change? Nothing can ever improve? 

Sorry, but some of us possess hope and faith. Dreaming of a better future for this wonderful nation is not such a terrible activity to engage in, is it? Sometimes, some naivety can be a good thing, if it gives us a reason to get up in the morning. 

From Thai perspectives and spirit, less from a planted and destructive culturally-centric Farang one. 

Still, many outsiders just don't get it.

Edited by zzaa09

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Dreamers rarely achieve anything. 

Nothing wrong with aspirations but fairy tales are for fictional story books. Feet on the ground and a practical approach to developing/evolving the country will likely reap better rewards in the long-term. 

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

IMHO it will be very hard especially on daily workers with no job security. People who only get a job day by day.

If they are not needed, then no work or pay until work becomes available.

Those paid weekly and every week need to get 1 months money in advance and for the next 3 months they only get 3 weeks salary per month until the advance is paid off.

It may cause a big problem in a small business with their cash flow, and perhaps some may go out of business, resulting in no jobs for weekly or daily paid staff.

14 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Dreamers rarely achieve anything. 

Nothing wrong with aspirations but fairy tales are for fictional story books. Feet on the ground and a practical approach to developing/evolving the country will likely reap better rewards in the long-term. 

The first verse from a movie South Pacific

Happy talkin', talkin', happy talk
Talk about things you'd like to do
You've got to have a dream
If you don't have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true

Most Thais have dreams and some of them come true.

And why not?

After all 

If you don't have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, billd766 said:

IMHO it will be very hard especially on daily workers with no job security. People who only get a job day by day.

If they are not needed, then no work or pay until work becomes available.

Those paid weekly and every week need to get 1 months money in advance and for the next 3 months they only get 3 weeks salary per month until the advance is paid off.

It may cause a big problem in a small business with their cash flow, and perhaps some may go out of business, resulting in no jobs for weekly or daily paid staff.

As I said a lot of hurdles must be taken, but on a monthly salary than the so many holidays are being paid too, just like the schools, military, Government officers, and companies, Now the day paid workers mostly get nothing as no work no money..and so job security is a thing to solve too, but things can change but need time..

On 7/4/2023 at 10:35 AM, h90 said:

I am sure they'll soon show that they can be as corrupt if not more than the previous government ????

Hate to say it, but a leader that has been groomed at Harvard and GW Uni's is a potential trojan horse. I know little of him so cant say but hope they are wary of what are his true leanings and to whom he may be beholden to  Is his plan to work for Thailand, or for some one else?

• Love It 1

Nobody seem to see that people Thai are not so isolate from opinion outside. Problem for  traditional control is not able to keep from new understanding from internet information.

MFP has no history but that not mean they have no understanding to  make good change.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 8:35 PM, h90 said:

A point that should be taken with a grain [or two] of salt.

As it is the very nature of political circles - regardless of the dreamy state that we measure for ourselves. 

Politics, corruption, graft and ill-will are synonymous. 

Suspicion of all government/corporate entities should of instinctive nature. 

16 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

Nobody seem to see that people Thai are not so isolate from opinion outside. Problem for  traditional control is not able to keep from new understanding from internet information.

MFP has no history but that not mean they have no understanding to  make good change.

Fair go.

We'll have to wait and observe. 

Me begs to differ with this commentator's view.

From the standpoint of how Thai politics & (to some extent) culture is quite clearly going to change towards a more 'progressive' shift, away from a half-century+ curse of socially-engineered elite-rule status-quo - whether the wretched elite likes it or not - then the honest & resolute declarations the respected & more senior MFP members may make seem not adolescent at all, but worth being taken at face value and with wiser consideration of its message and they (14+ million voters) who 'understand' it and support that message. 

On 7/3/2023 at 4:17 PM, TimeMachine said:

Who has the friendship of the military wins. Guns beats everything really. 

No. Just no. 

But maybe you're being witty in a cynical, rather sarcastic way. ????????