Video Of Rough Chao Phraya River Crossing Goes Viral

webfact

image.jpeg

A SHORT video showing strong waves lashing and rocking a boat crossing the Chao Phraya river with passengers staying calm despite the scary ride has gone viral, Sanook.com said yesterday (July 4).

Tiktok member @adhippv posted this video which shows the boat badly tilting to one side upon being lashed by strong waves to a point where it appears the vessel could be sinking and then tilting with equal force on the other side with this going back and forth for a long time.

@adhippv ไปเจอจากไอจีพี่คนนึง ???? Thaitanic #titanic #fyp #bangkok ♬ My Heart Will Go On (Love Theme from "Titanic") - Céline Dion

In his message he wrote, “Found this clip at a friend’s Instagram feed – Thaitanic.”

by TNR Staff

#news

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/07/04/video-of-rough-chao-phraya-river-crossing-goes-viral/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-07-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, nausea said:

I'm guessing this is the result of a bow wave from a another boat.

And poor piloting.  Someone wasn't paying attention to the oncoming wake.

Probably at 'idle' awaiting an open slot at a pier ... oops, good thing few psgrs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Captain is wiser now.  Made me think to when I was 20 and got a summer job at a Colorado surface coal mine  near steamboat springs.  I had a scholarship from this company as I was going to be a Mines mining engineer.  It was a mine that was a wet dream of one of the young AT Massey heirs.  So 3 workers, boss, me and a 67 yr old heavy equipment operator.  Boss told me to take something to the top of the long winding road in the backhoe bucket.   As I'm driving down the backhoe developed this death wobble.  Where it started to weave from side to side and it was growing worse as the tires flexed.  If not for careful timing of counter steer I would have crashed over the side of the mountain.   When I got back boss asked me if I had any issues driving it.  I told him no problem.   I think he tried to kill me.