Overuse of marijuana linked to surgery complications and death, study says

Social Media

I live in the Netherlands. I am a daily smoker. The last time I went for an operation, they asked me to stop smoking only 1 day before. 

I would bet that a lot of the problems they have is not from the marijuana, but from the pesticides and herbicides used, and other unnatural things.

Do people in Thailand know the side effects of any of the drugs they use from the pharmacy or the pollution cause from burning so much coal and other stuff. This is where most effort should be placed to help public health.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Substitute marijuana in the headline with any drug, alcohol, smack, aspirin, fentanyl, lysergic acid, largactyl, nembutal, mandies, uppers and downers. What do you get? Addiction, paralysis and death. ????????????. Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Aspirin? You're a doctor of what exactly?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

The article seems to center more on marijuana use among youth, and that is without a doubt most likely true.  As for the rest of the article, it's sort of like saying drinking makes you drunk.   

Pretty much anything that we use has some side effects.  

18 hours ago, placeholder said:

Except to point out how ridiculous your post was.

No pointing at the wrong guy, why not point at the threadstarter.??? OK I know too much ganja I guess..... Come up with something or be quit...

22 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

No pointing at the wrong guy, why not point at the threadstarter.??? OK I know too much ganja I guess..... Come up with something or be quit...

When someone heaps unfounded abuse on those who might disagree with an article, I think it's in the interests of forum sanitation to address their comments. Or do you believe scottiejohn's characterization that this is "The understatement of the year which all the crack heads on here will now try to "prove" is wrong!"

Edited by placeholder

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Well, it seems to have been edited out of any trustworthy source. Must be a massive conspiracy at work by the aspirin industry.

Yes, and there's absolutely no doubt Gates and the WEF have a hand in it.

But no, there's no evidence I know of that aspirin is addictive. It was only in there as a foil, but you picked up on it.

3 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Yes, and there's absolutely no doubt Gates and the WEF have a hand in it.

But no, there's no evidence I know of that aspirin is addictive. It was only in there as a foil, but you picked up on it.

The aspirin cartel is a fearful thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

The aspirin cartel is a fearful thing.

Afraid I see TAT or cannabis in a headline and I go into debunk/spoof/irony mode. It's pointless arguing with the content. Weed has been around for millennia. Millions around the world have smoked it for millenia. In Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nepal and India in 1969 it was available anywhere. I bought an ounce of opium in the government shop in Kathmandu. It and hash were later criminalised. Decriminalisation is simply putting things back the way they used to be. There's nothing new in it. People who think it's the end of civilization should realize, drugs, psychotropic and all, have been around, and been part of, all civilizations from the outset. More like the start of civilization than the end. Nobody is forced to smoke weed. Yet!  But I'm sure WEF have an agenda for that too ????????????!

Edited by bradiston
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

Afraid I see TAT or cannabis in a headline and I go into debunk/spoof/irony mode. It's pointless arguing with the content. Weed has been around for millennia. Millions around the world have smoked it for millenia. In Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nepal and India

And look at the state of those countries!

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

Afraid I see TAT or cannabis in a headline and I go into debunk/spoof/irony mode. It's pointless arguing with the content. Weed has been around for millennia. Millions around the world have smoked it for millenia. In Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nepal and India in 1969 it was available anywhere. I bought an ounce of opium in the government shop in Kathmandu. It and hash were later criminalised. Decriminalisation is simply putting things back the way they used to be. There's nothing new in it. People who think it's the end of civilization should realize, drugs, psychotropic and all, have been around, and been part of, all civilizations from the outset. More like the start of civilization than the end. Nobody is forced to smoke weed. Yet!  But I'm sure WEF have an agenda for that too ????????????!

except that if you were in "debunk/spoof/irony mode" why would list as well as aspirin, drugs that actually can be fatal? It doesn't really work as irony.