Trump lashes out at Biden family, media after cocaine found at White House

Social Media

Just now, EastBayRay said:

People in the context I used it could mean one or many. I wasn’t claiming either.

It doesn’t really matter how many people it belonged to does it? If I had said “a person” you’d have complained it could have been multiple people. 

A bit persnickety…

In a way, you're right. It doesn't matter because whatever the cocaine was found in was checked in at the storage area. So, it's far from established that it was the property of any resident of the White House or relative. I imagine lots of people access the White House every day. Is Joe Biden or the Biden Administration responsible for the contents of their bags?

• Like 1

Just now, stoner said:

if anything this shows an issue with security at the white house. is it not one of the most secure buildings in the world ? 

Unless you do a full body and cavity search of all visitors including staffers and guests then I'm not sure this can be avoided. A small white bag can be very easily concealed.

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Unless you do a full body and cavity search of all visitors including staffers and guests then I'm not sure this can be avoided. A small white bag can be very easily concealed.

so could a small bomb. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, stoner said:

so could a small bomb. 

Pretty sure a bomb no matter how small has metal elements that the detectors would pick up. So what do you suggest to avoid small bags of coke which is what this topic is about?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Pretty sure a bomb no matter how small has metal elements that the detectors would pick up. So what do you suggest to avoid small bags of coke which is what this topic is about?

i suggest better security measures and vetting. there is 0 room for error here. one slip up could have dire consequences. 

there are machines that detect drugs. are all belongings checked ? 

the same concept applies to illegal guns here brian. criminals don't care about gun laws and some guns are illegal yet criminals get their hands on them. 

if someone really wanted to they would and could find a way to get a bomb into that place. 

they can print plastic guns now. how would the metal detector solve that problem brian ? 

all i am saying is that this shows security needs to be looked at and changes are in order. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

i suggest better security measures and vetting. there is 0 room for error here. one slip up could have dire consequences. 

there are machines that detect drugs. are all belongings checked ? 

the same concept applies to illegal guns here brian. criminals don't care about gun laws and some guns are illegal yet criminals get their hands on them. 

if someone really wanted to they would and could find a way to get a bomb into that place. 

they can print plastic guns now. how would the metal detector solve that problem brian ? 

all i am saying is that this shows security needs to be looked at and changes are in order. 

Great, install cocaine detectors and address all the other risks you highlighted, then with all the new measures in place prepare for very long queues for all officials and staffers to get into work and for visitors to face even longer queues.

This was a small bag of cocaine, they have security footage, its likely they should find the culprit.

• Like 2

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Great, install cocaine detectors and address all the other risks you highlighted, then with all the new measures in place prepare for very long queues for all officials and staffers to get into work and for visitors to face even longer queues.

hire more staff to do said checks. is the presidents security not paramount. they inconvenience people all the time when a president or figure rolls through town. why should this be any different ?

its ok for people to face a long queue at the airport but not to get into the white house ? 

ok then. 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

Trump a desperate demagogue bloviating yet again is best ignored. 

As far as white powder if it comes in by mail it should always be detected.

But if it comes in via a trusted staff member or visitor what do people expect strip searches?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

hire more staff to do said checks. is the presidents security not paramount. they inconvenience people all the time when a president or figure rolls through town. why should this be any different ?

its ok for people to face a long queue at the airport but not to get into the white house ? 

ok then. 

Ok you'll need a lot with over 6,000 visitors daily to the White house. 

I would suggest no, its not ok for the president and other officials/staffers to have long queues to enter their own workplace or for official visitors.