No government is safe in any way, shape or form

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and.........................................

It's got a better military than a much larger country I know well, and as many people living in it.

It has 5 Million people.....that is not even worth mentioning...Thailand 77 Million. Half than Bangkok

21 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

It is a voting member of the United Nations!

A sovereign state is a state that has the highest authority over a territory. International law defines sovereign states as having a permanent population, defined territory, a government not under another, and the capacity to interact with other sovereign states.

Singapore is such a state.

Sovereign state - Wikipedia

From Wikipedia, Singapore (/ˈsɪŋ(ɡ)əpɔːr/ (listen)), officially the Republic of Singapore, is an island country and city-state in maritime Southeast Asia.  the capital city is called lion city

10 minutes ago, h90 said:

It has 5 Million people.....that is not even worth mentioning...Thailand 77 Million. Half than Bangkok

Sooooo, by your reckoning Fiji is not a country- population under 1 million.

Fijians might object to that.

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/fiji-population/

The current population of Fiji is 915,986 as of Sunday, July 9, 2023, based on Worldometer elaboration of the latest United Nations data.

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sooooo, by your reckoning Fiji is not a country- population under 1 million.

Fijians might object to that.

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/fiji-population/

The current population of Fiji is 915,986 as of Sunday, July 9, 2023, based on Worldometer elaboration of the latest United Nations data.

you forgot to mention that size wise you could put Singapore 28 times into Fidji....Fidij is like 28 Singapores in size. and has 300 Islands. That is a real country.

9 minutes ago, h90 said:

you forgot to mention that size wise you could put Singapore 28 times into Fidji....Fidij is like 28 Singapores in size. and has 300 Islands. That is a real country.

What has size got to do with it for being a country

and now you are saying sinapore is a country make up your mind, and i accept your apologie

20 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

What has size got to do with it for being a country

and now you are saying sinapore is a country make up your mind, and i accept your apologie

don't be ridiculous....you can't take Singapore as example that Thailand could do the same economical....it is just nonsense

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2023 at 8:11 AM, Srikcir said:

Baloney.

Historically incorrect.

"Given that the Thai military has launched 22 coups, 13 of them successful, and initiated 20 constitutional amendments dance the country's establishment since 1932, the institution (sic) may look to another power seizure by force if its leaders are not happy of the May 14 (2023) election ... " ref. Mar. 25, 2023; www.thejakartapost.com

The new government and any succeeding it will be bound by a military-written constitution backed by an unelected Senate, a pro-military consitutional 20-year national strategy plan, authoritarian-like organic laws and a royalist-influenced judicial system. 

At best one can only say that no 'progressive elected democratic' government can be safe from a decades- embedded wealthy, corrupt and politically unbounded Deep State.

It is not a Swamp in Thailand but a Gulf wherein Thailand's citizens hang on to the occasional democratic life saver ring.

Many forget. Everything has changed, due to the current complete lack of moral authority. That is a huge factor. The army is not what it once was, and the people desire change. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, h90 said:

don't be ridiculous....you can't take Singapore as example that Thailand could do the same economical....it is just nonsense

You are the one stating Thailand "It is the best developed country in the region. " i belive sinapore is in asia and is smaller than Thailand and has less pop and it is far more developed that thailand  so which is it ??? or are you just posting rubbish again

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I was never really convinced that he would become PM only because his party got the highest number of votes. Thai politics is much more complicated than this.

Very true, too many soldiers with poor IQ's involved instead of well educated proper politicians.

22 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

You are the one stating Thailand "It is the best developed country in the region. " i belive sinapore is in asia and is smaller than Thailand and has less pop and it is far more developed that thailand  so which is it ??? or are you just posting rubbish again

OK, I speak about the most developed in the Region....you find one city state pretty far away that does better.

OK...Singapore is a country and better developed...if that is the only thing you can find it actually supports my claim that Thailand is doing very well.

I guess if you take only downtown Bangkok it would not be much off Singapore.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Very true, too many soldiers with poor IQ's involved instead of well educated proper politicians.

I agree with the poor IQ soldiers....but replacing them with some corrupt Oligarchs who never worked anything is not a big improvement.

Might be slightly better (as the soldiers are also corrupt and never worked something), but can't see a huge difference.

And if Somchai the farmer, even if he went to University (yes such exist) would be the smartest he would never ever even get Governor of the smallest state.

It is the military mafia against the oligarchs

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, h90 said:

OK, I speak about the most developed in the Region....you find one city state pretty far away that does better.

OK...Singapore is a country and better developed...if that is the only thing you can find it actually supports my claim that Thailand is doing very well.

well why do you post rubbish just get ur facts right

Edited by MikeandDow
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, h90 said:

I agree with the poor IQ soldiers....but replacing them with some corrupt Oligarchs who never worked anything is not a big improvement.

Might be slightly better (as the soldiers are also corrupt and never worked something), but can't see a huge difference.

And if Somchai the farmer, even if he went to University (yes such exist) would be the smartest he would never ever even get Governor of the smallest state.

get it in your brain there are NO STATES in Thailand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO democracy is not what we get in reality, but IMO a democratically elected government ( Thaksin's ) was the worst thing to happen to Thailand in all the time I visited/ lived there.

I was extremely happy when he was deposed and only regret he wasn't tried and executed. He still continues to cause problems all these years later.

I just hope that Cha-Cha and the rest of his soldier cohorts end up in prison in the not too distant future. Surely he is much more deserving of prison than Thaksin, also is mentioning execution not a bit off?

At least Thaksin was democratically elected.

18 minutes ago, h90 said:

There are a Lot of better developed countrys in the region, more powerfull that Thailand  Google is ur friend

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

There are a Lot of better developed countrys in the region, more powerfull that Thailand  Google is ur friend

which one IN THE REGION?

Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Vietnam.....we could argue about Malaysia with the oil

But from the real close one that are similar Laos, Myanmar or Cambodia?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, h90 said:

which one IN THE REGION?

Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Vietnam.....we could argue about Malaysia with the oil

But from the real close one that are similar Laos, Myanmar or Cambodia?

google is your friend, do you know how to use google

Edited by MikeandDow
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

google is your friend, do you know how to use google

you just have no argument.....Thailand is doing very well in compare with other similar countries.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, h90 said:

you just have no argument.....Thailand is doing very well in compare with other similar countries.

again which other similar countries, so we have gone from ( It is the best developed country in the region) to doing very well Which is it ???

you should learn not to post the first thing that pop into you head research it first wit FACTS

Edited by MikeandDow
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, h90 said:

Thanks for trying ????

A constructed trading port to benefit the empire, acting like a country, in comparison with a fully developed country with all its topography and challenges from north to south, is quite a far shot! 

Is like the Vatican state, being the world hub for the Catholics. The most developed Catholic state in the world. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Thanks for trying ????

A constructed trading port to benefit the empire, acting like a country, in comparison with a fully developed country with all its topography and challenges from north to south, is quite a far shot! 

Is like the Vatican state, being the world hub for the Catholics. The most developed Catholic state in the world. 

And the smallest country in the world

2 hours ago, h90 said:

The military mafia is the armed component of a network of oligarchs....

On 7/8/2023 at 3:11 AM, Srikcir said:

Baloney.

Historically incorrect.

"Given that the Thai military has launched 22 coups, 13 of them successful, and initiated 20 constitutional amendments dance the country's establishment since 1932, the institution (sic) may look to another power seizure by force if its leaders are not happy of the May 14 (2023) election ... " ref. Mar. 25, 2023; www.thejakartapost.com

The new government and any succeeding it will be bound by a military-written constitution backed by an unelected Senate, a pro-military consitutional 20-year national strategy plan, authoritarian-like organic laws and a royalist-influenced judicial system. 

At best one can only say that no 'progressive elected democratic' government can be safe from a decades- embedded wealthy, corrupt and politically unbounded Deep State.

It is not a Swamp in Thailand but a Gulf wherein Thailand's citizens hang on to the occasional democratic life saver ring.

A good summary

On 7/8/2023 at 3:11 AM, Srikcir said:

Baloney.

Historically incorrect.

A good summary

1 hour ago, candide said:

The military mafia is the armed component of a network of oligarchs....

It is different oligarchs fighting for power...yes some use the military.....Thaksin was strong at the police....