Foreign Man Climbs Famous Chalong Temple and Jumps

webfact

22 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

The lengths ppl go to get little digs against Thailand on pretty much any topic is beyond pathetic.

You get out there and hug some Thai's, make them feel better! Make up for all those Thai bashers who don't understand how things work! Anyone who climbs on a temple is a fool!

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, bignok said:

Suicidal people need help not bashings. Just a building. Objects are no sacred.

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Why would he think logically. Just strange you guys expect a destressed person to think practically.

On every suicide thread you always get a bunch of (the same?) smart rcess who feel the need to question why a person, who is clearly in a non-rational state of mind, isn't thinking logically. It's quite ironic, really.... posters unable to use logic, criticising other (dead!) people of the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JayClay said:

On every suicide thread you always get a bunch of (the same?) smart rcess who feel the need to question why a person, who is clearly in a non-rational state of mind, isn't thinking logically. It's quite ironic, really.... posters unable to use logic, criticising other (dead!) people of the same.

I assume he jumped on purpose, but why assume it was a suicide? 

Suicide is difficult to understand. 

34 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I assume he jumped on purpose, but why assume it was a suicide? 

I'm not assuming anything.  I'm making an educated guess based on the information I have available to me.

18 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I'm not assuming anything.  I'm making an educated guess based on the information I have available to me.

That's hilarious. 

What information is available to you other than he clime up and at some point, he jumped? 

On 7/8/2023 at 9:23 AM, Gottfrid said:

Better go home and treat his issues, then. Why come to Thailand, take problem with him, climb on sacred temples and take a jump? He could at least considered using a regular balcony and show some respect to the locals.

He was Russian, likely being drafted, going to Ukraine and facing US cluster munitions at the front.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The Thais probably think his ghost will haunt the temple for all eternity and bring bad luck.

I had my immediate falang neighbor (condo) off himself a year before the scamdemic and the place stayed empty until the day I moved out a few months ago, unrented and unsold. This is in an very popular, almost always 100% occupancy luxury condo.

Owner has been trying to sell for about 60-65% of the going market price ever since. If it was a foreign freehold unit I would jump on it.

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Like 1

Saw the video on the news last night.

He was fighting off his would be rescuers and definitely jumped, whether he was trying to miss or land on the airbag is unclear.

He made contact with the side of the airbag and died from his injuries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

That's hilarious. 

What information is available to you other than he clime up and at some point, he jumped? 

"He was threatening to jump from a pagoda for several hours and finally jumped after trying to fight rescuers atop the temple."

Although according to other comments it appears that there is more information in the linked article which could be used to make the argument that it wasn't suicide.

9 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

He was Russian, likely being drafted, going to Ukraine and facing US cluster munitions at the front.

So, what´s the problem? Seems like he had a death wish anyway. Request granted Sir!

9 hours ago, JayClay said:

"He was threatening to jump from a pagoda for several hours and finally jumped after trying to fight rescuers atop the temple."

Although according to other comments it appears that there is more information in the linked article which could be used to make the argument that it wasn't suicide.

Youtuber? I don't think so.

On 7/8/2023 at 8:27 AM, Harsh Jones said:

Were they supposed to be happy that some foreigner defaced their temple by climbing on it ?

The lengths ppl go to get little digs against Thailand on pretty much any topic is beyond pathetic.

Not only that, but he was probably putting the lives of the rescuers at risk.

• Sad 1

On 7/8/2023 at 7:48 AM, sungod said:

The man had issues, but the locals wanted to lynch him as he climbed on their temple......

Land of Smiles......

The man's issues don't mitigate his actions. I'd be pissed off too  if he were on my roof.

Edited by n00dle
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1