Top BBC presenter ‘stripped to underwear in video call with teen he paid for explicit pictures’

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's interesting that nowhere in his wife's statement is there a denial of the allegations.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-66182922

If he were innocent, that's the first thing I'd expect. But no, very carefully worded to elicit sympathy - but absolutely no denial.

Why should the man’s wife make any denial of the accusations?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/9/2023 at 6:18 PM, thonglorjimmy said:

Without wishing to play down the seriousness of what's being alleged by the teenagers mother, I have to wonder why, or even how, a person seemingly with a high profile media prensence, would/could make contact with some random teenager and pay them serious amounts of cash to send photos or even perform such acts.

Likewise why/how would this child contact the tv presenter and offer their services, if indeed it was they who insitigated the interaction.

I'm not sure that I buy the claims of the mother that this so called interaction has driven the child to drugs.  

The boy involved says it's all bulls**t and nothing happened. So who to believe? The mother? Or the now 20 y.o. boy?

• Thanks 2

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Why should the man’s wife make any denial of the accusations?

You know what, that's a great point. Why hasn't Edwards himself denied it? 

He's had a week but nothing. You'd expect at least "I deny all the allegations against me and wish to make no further comment at this stage". But no. He lets his wife do it and even she doesn't take the opportunity to let the world know he is innocent.

Fascinating.

• Like 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

You know what, that's a great point. Why hasn't Edwards himself denied it? 

He's had a week but nothing. You'd expect at least "I deny all the allegations against me and wish to make no further comment at this stage". But no. He lets his wife do it and even she doesn't take the opportunity to let the world know he is innocent.

Fascinating.

I can think of a number of reasons, including not prejudicing a future libel action.

Say nothing and let the lawyers deal with it in court.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

I can think of a number of reasons, including not prejudicing a future libel action.

Say nothing and let the lawyers deal with it in court.

Why would a simple, one sentence declaration of innocence prejudice a libel action if you are indeed innocent?

I think we both know why he hasn't said he's innocent. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Why would a simple, one sentence declaration of innocence prejudice a libel action if you are indeed innocent?

I think we both know why he hasn't said he's innocent. 

You clearly over estimate your power of knowing what other people think.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, phetphet said:

The boy involved says it's all bulls**t and nothing happened. So who to believe? The mother? Or the now 20 y.o. boy?

It's not uncommon for victims of abuse to suffer Stockholm syndrome in cases like the alleged one with Edwards. Especially young ones.

I'd say it's quite likely the victim still has some feelings for Edwards if the abuse did in fact take place.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/22387-stockholm-syndrome#:~:text=Stockholm syndrome is a coping,relationship abuse and sex trafficking.

The family obviously don't have such issues to deal with and their position has remained the same. 

There is no such ambiguity on the accusations from his colleagues at the BBC.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12292635/Now-Huw-Edwards-faces-fresh-allegations-inappropriate-behaviour-BBC-colleagues.html

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 5:53 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

As I said above, I suspect there’s a great deal of twitching going on at The Sun right now, it certainly has earned the tag ‘Gutter Press’.

And a bit more "twitching" going on at the BBC and at the Edwards house 

7 minutes ago, homeseeker said:

I listened to BBC radio 4 today. Some "expert" was trying to say  how complicated this case is.

Did you listen or only hear?

7 minutes ago, homeseeker said:

Not complicated at all. The BBC presenter -a public figure- and for whatever reasons fancied affairs with younger males and  likely used his position, money and power to further that.

Maybe the person on Radio 4 was an expert and you are the "expert"? We don't know too many details of the events, so we're not in a position to say he likely did anything.

8 minutes ago, homeseeker said:

When he was confronted with exposure the  cowardly presenter is now hiding behind  apparent mental illness as an excuse, and using his wife to do the dirty work.

Who cares if he wants another male: but don't used your public status position as a way to influences others...

The cops say he did nothing illegal. Perhaps, with the hatchet job done by "the sun", he now knows his career is over and he will only be remembered for a very public shaming. Enough to drive anyone to mental illness.

Innocent until proven guilty (if there is even an offence to answer to). If the latter happens then by all means hang him out to dry.

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'd be more concerned that someone professing to be a devout Christian married 'heterosexual' BBC presenter was using gay dating sites.

Its not just the BBC either ITV have had their share of people like this. I sense a trend developing which appears to involve two very "woke" organisations, three if one includes the "church"

As usual its the holier than thou types. Time for people to wake up 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, homeseeker said:

I listened to BBC radio 4 today. Some "expert" was trying to say  how complicated this case is.

Not complicated at all. The BBC presenter -a public figure- and for whatever reasons fancied affairs with younger males and  likely used his position, money and power to further that.

When he was confronted with exposure the  cowardly presenter is now hiding behind  apparent mental illness as an excuse, and using his wife to do the dirty work.

There are reports of some some BBC employees saying that he sent messages to them that made them feel "uncomfortable."

Looks like more to come on this.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, homeseeker said:

An expert v you. Are you an expert?

What do you know about mental health?

Like I said in my previous post. Most posts on here are speculation. Reports on all parties involved, including the media, will likely be published in due course. 

Expert reports v posts on a Thai forum for expats. I know which ones I'd like to be used in any case I was involved with.

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

It's not uncommon for victims of abuse to suffer Stockholm syndrome in cases like the alleged one with Edwards. Especially young ones.

I'd say it's quite likely the victim still has some feelings for Edwards if the abuse did in fact take place.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/22387-stockholm-syndrome#:~:text=Stockholm syndrome is a coping,relationship abuse and sex trafficking.

The family obviously don't have such issues to deal with and their position has remained the same. 

There is no such ambiguity on the accusations from his colleagues at the BBC.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12292635/Now-Huw-Edwards-faces-fresh-allegations-inappropriate-behaviour-BBC-colleagues.html

Nevertheless, The Sun have not produced any evidence of this alleged abuse, the ‘alleged victim’s’ lawyer has stated there is no wrong doing and the Police have stated no crimes.

So now the gutter press move on to allegations of inappropriate behaviour’.

Your imagined existence of Stockholm syndrome speak of desperation.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

An expert v you. Are you an expert?

What do you know about mental health?

Like I said in my previous post. Most posts on here are speculation. Reports on all parties involved, including the media, will likely be published in due course. 

Expert reports v posts on a Thai forum for expats. I know which ones I'd like to be used in any case I was involved with.

Hasn’t stopped you speculating on Stockholm’s Syndrome.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

somethings not right with this .....  no one pays 35,000 for nude pics ....  you don't need 35k to see that.

I'm calling some of this bs ......    imo

You might be right re BS, but it’s national news in the UK. They’re unlikely to be making it up

https://news.sky.com/story/huw-edwards-bbc-presenter-latest-police-teenager-explicit-pictures-12917955

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ArnieP said:

The first youth’s mother says she saw payments of £1,000 a time going into her son’s PayPal account and this naturally aroused her suspicions.

Oh so there’s bank records.

And yet nobody has seen them but the person claiming they exist.