Top BBC presenter ‘stripped to underwear in video call with teen he paid for explicit pictures’

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This whole story, even if true, is a non-event.

17yo boy sends naughty selfies over phone .............. so what?

About as serious as double parking (if true).

Even less serious than that. The British have always been a prurient bunch but they need to start having a word with themselves because the fuss over this non-issue should be a national embarrassment. 

I no longer consider myself British as the country has gone down so far down the pan.

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Has it been confirmed that the 'victim' is a boy?

"The mother described how her child, who was said to be 17 when the payments began, turned from a “happy-go-lucky youngster” to a “ghost-like crack addict” in three years."

A 17-year-old "child" blackmailing a grown man with the help of parents. The extortion Society.

P.S. Would The Guardian come to the rescue of an accused man if he wasn't a member of a sister leftie woke organisation like the BBC?

Edited by JackGats
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Shock horror probe stories keep the sheeple occupied and give ad algorithms something to bite on. Engineered dramas can also be used to squeeze uncomfortable issues out of the headlines.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

Even less serious than that. The British have always been a prurient bunch but they need to start having a word with themselves because the fuss over this non-issue should be a national embarrassment. 

I no longer consider myself British as the country has gone down so far down the pan.

12 long years of Tory misrule...  Who else to blame?

• Haha 1

As the so called teen thru his lawyer is saying its rubbish and no evidence of wrongdoing; the presenter of course will admit nothing.

What the parents would say in Court is hearsay without the teens evidence.

My reading of the case is that if money was paid that can prove nowt without the victims' evidence. Even if there is a photo of the presenter in his underwear: nothing wrong with that and it  also proves nothing unless the teen says otherwise which he will not  either about that or anything else to implicate the presenter.

However loud the parents scream and shout their allegations cannot prove anything in Court without their child or an admission by the presenter.

Of course:

I think we can all guess who arranged and financed the lawyer...and many of us now know the name of the presenter.

Edited by homeseeker

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

As for Gary Lineker being somehow representative of the BBC, well hardly - he isn't even a BBC employee.

Being disingenuous? He invoices them through a company to reduce his tax bill as do many others.

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Chomper Higgot implies it has and they're really smart

Who cares about the gender of a victim whom is by the admission of their own lawyer not a victim of wrong doing?

Without evidence of a crime then the real victims here are the BBC and the male employees of the BBC maligned by a baseless accusation.

But then perhaps that was the whole intention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Who cares about the gender of a victim whom is by the admission of their own lawyer not a victim of wrong doing?

Without evidence of a crime then the real victims here are the BBC and the male employees of the BBC maligned by a baseless accusation.

But then perhaps that was the whole intention.

Sorry dude, don't have a stroke, brewsterbudgen asked, I thought you knew. 

If you know, why not tell? 

1 hour ago, homeseeker said:

I think we can all guess who arranged and financed the lawyer...and many of us now know the name of the presenter.

This 'we all' has no idea of what your alleging. Come on, spill the beanz!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Yeah rightio said:

Consenting group sex between people of any age over sixteen is ok? But having intimate private photos of someone under eighteen is an offense.  Now that really is bonkers.......

"Even though the age of consent is 16 in the UK, these are common questions, so we'll answer them directly here. Both are ok in the eyes of the law – once you turn 16 you can legally have sex with anyone else who is also over the age of consent, but sexting with anyone under 18 is illegal."
https://www.themix.org.uk/crime-and-safety/your-rights/age-of-consent-9106.html#:~:text=Even though the age of,anyone under 18 is illegal.

Absolutely mad.

We should just raise the age of consent to 18, or get rid of that ridiculous law. If you can consent to having sexual intercourse, and the potential to have a child, then you should be able to do anything you wish with your body. That includes sending nudes to whomever you wish.

• Like 2