Top BBC presenter ‘stripped to underwear in video call with teen he paid for explicit pictures’

So many folks in positions of power, such as News folks, entertainment presenters and others, think that they can get away with more than others because they have money.

From the article:

"In response to The Sun’s report, the BBC said it takes “any allegations very seriously and we have processes in place to proactively deal with them”.

One has to wonder if being sidelined and taken off of the air means they have lost their job or what.

Edited by ThailandRyan

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

So anyone owning a video of 'American beauty' or 'The Hole' in the UK are criminals that need to go on the sex offenders list?

I have not seen these movies so cannot give an opinion.

However why do you think they would fall foul  of the law 

Edited by cleopatra2

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why is there only one reference to the police in this news item, and that from a BBC employee reporting crimes against himself?

Why are the allegations not reported directly to the police?

Are the police not corrupt? 

32 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

17yo actresses showing their naked boobs to bfs. 

I think in the case if American Beauty, it is Thora Birch who at age 16 appeared in a nude scene at her bedroom window.

The law requires the image to be sexual indecent (UK) . Since the UK classification board granted the movie a rating then possessing owning the movie would not be unlawfull.

The criteria is to establish if the imagery is sexually indecent. A nude picture in itself does not constitute sexually indecent . A number of other factors are needed to be taken into account.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

So anyone owning a video of 'American beauty' or 'The Hole' in the UK are criminals that need to go on the sex offenders list?

No and not really relevant to this case.  In some cases, under-18 nudity in movies may be permitted under certain circumstances, such as when it is deemed necessary for the artistic or educational value of the film, and appropriate measures are taken to protect the child's welfare and ensure their informed consent. These measures typically involve the presence of a guardian or parent on set, strict supervision, and adherence to specific protocols.  

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Without wishing to play down the seriousness of what's being alleged by the teenagers mother, I have to wonder why, or even how, a person seemingly with a high profile media prensence, would/could make contact with some random teenager and pay them serious amounts of cash to send photos or even perform such acts.

Likewise why/how would this child contact the tv presenter and offer their services, if indeed it was they who insitigated the interaction.

I'm not sure that I buy the claims of the mother that this so called interaction has driven the child to drugs.  

• Thanks 1

Gosh I'm on tenterhooks to find out who it is! One "clue" is the presenters "six-figure salary" which narrows it down somewhat:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-62133808

But interestingly enough Grham Norton is not there because he's not paid by the BBC? So does that rule him out of the game or not?

The plot thickens!

My biggest fear it will turn out to be someone I've never heard of being out of the UK for so long and never watch "these sort of programmes" anyway

UPDATE: BBC presenter accused of making panicked calls to teenager to ask ‘what have you done?’ after story broke

The BBC presenter accused of paying a teenager for explicit pictures made panicked phone calls to them after the story was published to try and stop the investigation, it has been claimed.

The TV star, who was suspended by the broadcaster on Sunday, allegedly called the teenager twice after the claims were made in The Sun last week and asked: “What have you done?”

He also asked the alleged victim - who is now 20 but said to have been 17 when the payments began - to call their mother and get her to “stop the investigation”, according to the newspaper.

READ MORE

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/bbc-presenter-accused-suspended-phone-calls-b2372180.html

image.png.59e6c1a851ea174802d7e0e5ab4844fa.png

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Yeah, 16 is.

No it isn't.  You should read the entire thread before posting...

On 7/9/2023 at 10:11 AM, BritManToo said:

Isn't 17 legal in the UK?

No!

Under the Protection of Children Act 1978, it is an offence to 'make, distribute, possess or show any indecent images of anyone aged under 18' - even if it was created with the young person's consent.

It is also a criminal offence to ask a child under 18 to send a sexual image of themselves - and causing or inciting sexual exploitation of a child carries a maximum penalty of 14 years in prison.

Making or possessing indecent images carries a maximum sentence of 10 years. 

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's all over Twitter.  They'll have to confirm it soon.

Yeah, name is just about confirmed, he is odds on fav lol, they will have to say today, or he will have to denie it, bit of a "hue and cry" i think

• Haha 2

UPDATE: Claims about BBC presenter are rubbish, says young person at centre of scandal

The young person at the centre of a scandal over a BBC presenter reportedly paying for explicit pictures has issued a statement in which they claimed the key allegations are “rubbish”.

The young person’s mother made the allegations in the Sun newspaper, which published her claim that payments from the BBC presenter helped fund her child’s crack cocaine habit.

Yet in a dramatic turn of events, on Monday evening the young person’s lawyer issued a statement saying the mother and the Sun had made false claims.

READ MORE

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/jul/10/claims-about-bbc-presenter-are-rubbish-says-young-person-at-centre-of-scandal

image.png.c6bc747a6fd4f4ab218a06a1296b1480.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, onthedarkside said:

UPDATE: Claims about BBC presenter are rubbish, says young person at centre of scandal

The young person at the centre of a scandal over a BBC presenter reportedly paying for explicit pictures has issued a statement in which they claimed the key allegations are “rubbish”.

The young person’s mother made the allegations in the Sun newspaper, which published her claim that payments from the BBC presenter helped fund her child’s crack cocaine habit.

Yet in a dramatic turn of events, on Monday evening the young person’s lawyer issued a statement saying the mother and the Sun had made false claims.

READ MORE

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/jul/10/claims-about-bbc-presenter-are-rubbish-says-young-person-at-centre-of-scandal

image.png.c6bc747a6fd4f4ab218a06a1296b1480.png

An interesting development.  I'd love to see The Sun damaged beyond repair and follow the NOTW into the media trashbin, which could happen if they've got this story wrong!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1