Top BBC presenter ‘stripped to underwear in video call with teen he paid for explicit pictures’

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Are you back to being concerned now? 

Making unfounded accusations of criminal activity is a serious matter.

People being accused without evidence of serious crimes, particularly sexual crimes against a young person, is definitely something I find concerning.

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I get it Johnny I do, The Sun got your hopes up, but once again Murdoch’s rightwing mouthpiece was lying.

The Sun let you down Johnny, I understand it’s a bit of a blow.

Not like you to jump the gun. Let's face it, you are letting politics get in the way again.

There seems a lot more to this than meets the eye. 

I'm leaning towards mother and step father spinning The Sun a yarn. 

The Sun say they've seen evidence. Time to let the investigation take it's course.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Who cares about the gender of a victim whom is by the admission of their own lawyer not a victim of wrong doing?

Without evidence of a crime then the real victims here are the BBC and the male employees of the BBC maligned by a baseless accusation.

But then perhaps that was the whole intention.

So, the so called "victim" is not so? Not even possibly his/her mother's lies?

42 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Families are often messy things, but I doubt the ‘so called victim’ will be able to file suit for libel.

I've never suggested they could. 

However, if it comes to light the parents lied, the child would be a victim of lies.

29 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I've never suggested they could. 

However, if it comes to light the parents lied, the child would be a victim of lies.

Ah but not the victim of a major newspaper publishing extremely serious allegations without presenting any evidence.

As I said above, I suspect there’s a great deal of twitching going on at The Sun right now, it certainly has earned the tag ‘Gutter Press’.

And not just at The Sun, a number of people were eager to post names with implicit or implied accusations on social media.

Perhaps the chance for some Justice to be dished out for those happy to libel others. 

Edited by Chomper Higgot

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

It was for many just a few months ago.

His political opinions are irrelevant to the job he does and rightly so, as was proved when some on the far right got upset when he criticised the government's cruel asylum policies.  He still does the same job, thankfully.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Alleged victim. 

And he’s saying the accusations are rubbish.

The director-general and the executive directors were informed and an incident management group was launched. The presenter was spoken to and once the complaining family provided material to the BBC, he was suspended and the police were contacted.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-66159469

Clearly a difference of opinion between the lawyer and the BBC

25 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The director-general and the executive directors were informed and an incident management group was launched. The presenter was spoken to and once the complaining family provided material to the BBC, he was suspended and the police were contacted.

Clearly a difference of opinion between the lawyer and the BBC

I personally believe the correct body to investigate allegations of sexual abuse is the police, but an accusation is not guilt and the BBC would be right such serious accusation to the police regardless of whether or not they have seen evidence to back up the allegation.

But don’t let that stop you wandering into the well trodden path of ‘no smoke without fire’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I personally believe the correct body to investigate allegations of sexual abuse is the police, but an accusation is not guilt and the BBC would be right such serious accusation to the police regardless of whether or not they have seen evidence to back up the allegation.

But don’t let that stop you wandering into the well trodden path of ‘no smoke without fire’.

I do recall a few years ago where the BBC and South Yorkshire Police filmed a raid on someone private house in Sunningdale

Live footage from a helicopter which took part in the raid was beamed around the world. repeatedly

At the time the BBC legal team made a statement "on behalf of the BBC, Gavin Millar QC said that "XXXXX" position meant that he did not have a reasonable expectation of privacy." as XXXXX was a well known public figure

He also stated "He went on to argue that the BBC reporter was "exercising a fundamental human right of freedom of expression".

At the time the BBC line of defence was "The BBC is defending the case, arguing that there was a “legitimate public interest” in its coverage."

Do you expect to see an similar raid take place complete with Helicopter on the BBC presenter that has recently been suspended

Edited by vinny41
add

32 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So what you saying is the BBC should have referred the matter to the police shortly after they  received the complaint about a BBC presenter on May 18 rather than wait until July 10th before making contact with the police

18 May: A family member of a young person attends a BBC building to make a complaint about a BBC presenter

6 July: The Sun informs the BBC via the press office, of allegations concerning a BBC presenter

On the same day the presenter is spoken to by a senior manager and then taken off air while the allegations are investigated

On 7/9/2023 at 5:00 PM, Chelseafan said:

I assume that the minor is male. All the articles I've read have been careful not to name the sex.

Can of worms mate.  Like Piers Morgan, it/they/them may be a 'Two Spirit Penguin'. 

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Haha 1

Labour and the Scot Nats want to give votes to 16 year olds, So clearly to say a 17 year old is a 'child' is either wrong in definition, or political hypocrisy.  Either way, at this point in time (11th at midday) this all seems to be turning out to be a none story. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE: LIVE BBC boss Tim Davie defends delay in speaking to presenter

Key dates from new BBC timeline

18 May: A family member of a young person attends a BBC building to make a complaint about a BBC presenter
19 May: The complainant contacts BBC Audience Services; the details are referred to the BBC’s Corporate Investigations Team
19 May: That team emails the complainant seeking additional information - there was no response
6 June: Having received no response to the email, a phone call was made to the mobile number provided by the complainant - this call did not connect.
"No additional attempts to contact the complainant were made after 6 June, however the case remained open throughout"

READ MORE

image.png.5349939c38502b57af670061b4543b0d.png

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

So what you saying is the BBC should have referred the matter to the police shortly after they  received the complaint about a BBC presenter on May 18 rather than wait until July 10th before making contact with the police

18 May: A family member of a young person attends a BBC building to make a complaint about a BBC presenter

6 July: The Sun informs the BBC via the press office, of allegations concerning a BBC presenter

On the same day the presenter is spoken to by a senior manager and then taken off air while the allegations are investigated

I think the BBC, as an employer,  should have made a police report as soon as allegations were made.

I believe that The Sun, as a newspaper, should have made a police report as soon as they came into possession of evidence and if they have evidence that should have been presented to the police.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I do recall a few years ago where the BBC and South Yorkshire Police filmed a raid on someone private house in Sunningdale

Live footage from a helicopter which took part in the raid was beamed around the world. repeatedly

At the time the BBC legal team made a statement "on behalf of the BBC, Gavin Millar QC said that "XXXXX" position meant that he did not have a reasonable expectation of privacy." as XXXXX was a well known public figure

He also stated "He went on to argue that the BBC reporter was "exercising a fundamental human right of freedom of expression".

At the time the BBC line of defence was "The BBC is defending the case, arguing that there was a “legitimate public interest” in its coverage."

Do you expect to see an similar raid take place complete with Helicopter on the BBC presenter that has recently been suspended

You are confusing the BBC’s role and responsibilities as journalists with the BBC’s role and responsibility as an employer.

Perhaps innocently so.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

It seems you are entirely correct.  The BBC should have immediately referred the matter to the police.  Of course the Sun had to get involved.  Their editors/ bosses deserve to be in the dock too.  In fact I wish one of the countries Murdoch has ruined would make him face the death penalty,

Never forget the Hillsborough lies told by the Scum.

1 hour ago, norfolkandchance said:

Latest.

IMG_1503.png

Indeed. And the messages have been verified by the BBC themselves so a bit more tricky to attack the source this time.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-66165766

image.png.310310f7169a830227522214003a69ca.png

Now, how can we blame this on Murdoch? ????

Good to see the money extorted from the British public being put to good use by these overpaid presenters. Let's hope the police take this more seriously than the BBC did. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Indeed. And the messages have been verified by the BBC themselves so a bit more tricky to attack the source this time.

image.png.310310f7169a830227522214003a69ca.png

Now, how can we blame this on Murdoch? ????

Good to see the money extorted from the British public being put to good use by these overpaid presenters. Let's hope the police take this more seriously than the BBC did. 

What criminal offence has been alleged?  Just breaking the lockdown rules in force at the time?

11 hours ago, vinny41 said:

BBC presenter sent abusive and menacing messages to second young person

The presenter reacted by sending a number of threatening messages, which BBC News has seen.

BBC News has been able to verify that the messages were sent from a phone number belonging to the presenter.

A guy in his early twenties. Hardly seems a police matter but could indeed be a professional conduct issue.

"The individual in their early 20s was first contacted anonymously by the male presenter on a dating app."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

A guy in his early twenties. Hardly seems a police matter but could indeed be a professional conduct issue.

"The individual in their early 20s was first contacted anonymously by the male presenter on a dating app."

Yes, can't see anything for the police (unless they want to pursue the lockdown infringement), but "The Presenter's" career is finished. 

46 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Depends on the number of messages but Malicious Communications and Harassment is something that has been investigated in the past

• Like 1