Nato summit: Allies refuse to give Ukraine timeframe on joining

Social Media

8 minutes ago, novacova said:

Ukraine will never be a member of NATO as long as the current autocratic kleptocratic government of Russia exists, at least not during the lifetime of anyone here. So stop the pipe dreaming, it’s useless.

Your worse than me. ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Well, tough luck on the war,; but there must be a good reason they have never been admitted before.

SIck of hearing them begging for money and weapons what will their pay back be?  A middle finger to the entire west??

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, tough luck on the war,; but there must be a good reason they have never been admitted before.

SIck of hearing them begging for money and weapons what will their pay back be?  A middle finger to the entire west??

That's why they've applied to the EU. So if they get accepted, then they can give it the finger. You got nothing.

Just now, placeholder said:

That's why they've applied to the EU. So if they get accepted, then they can give it the finger. You got nothing.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

That's strong criticism of NATO if I understand where your coming from.

Is it wrong to question motiv? History can make for questions if what is  reveald or reminded can make questions legitimate ! Ukraine  being depopulated, much land going to foreign buyer. EU  countries already absorbd how many million cheap refugee worker? Not so many gone year  UK was angry for so many Polish taking work.

Just now, RanongCat said:

Is it wrong to question motiv? History can make for questions if what is  reveald or reminded can make questions legitimate ! Ukraine  being depopulated, much land going to foreign buyer. EU  countries already absorbd how many million cheap refugee worker? Not so many gone year  UK was angry for so many Polish taking work.

I don't know if it's wrong, but in this case it certainly makes no sense. If not to the EU, where is Ukraine going to hitch its economic future to?  The Eurasian Economic Union?

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I don't know if it's wrong, but in this case it certainly makes no sense. If not to the EU, where is Ukraine going to hitch its economic future to?  The Eurasian Economic Union?

This war already about control of Ukraine economy.  Russia want this percent and  Us  control  Nato want same and all !  People have less value than .

6 hours ago, Summerinsiam said:

Good that they have fudged the decision and not given in to Zelenskey's incessant, never- ending demands. After all, it was the expansion of NATO eastwards that helped create this mess. 

You hit the nail on the head! 

Thanks
“But the eastward expansion of NATO particularly inflamed Putin, who has claimed that Secretary of State James Baker and other Western leaders assured Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev in 1990, at the time a unified Germany joined NATO, that the alliance would expand “not one inch eastward.”

https://afsa.org/did-nato-expansion-really-cause-putins-invasion

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, riclag said:

Thanks
“But the eastward expansion of NATO particularly inflamed Putin, who has claimed that Secretary of State James Baker and other Western leaders assured Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev in 1990, at the time a unified Germany joined NATO, that the alliance would expand “not one inch eastward.”

Nah he needs a better aim, that hammer went straight over his head. If this was about Nato then why did Putin not take up peace talks with Zelensky when he offered to not join?

Zelensky: We won’t join NATO if that brings peace

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said Tuesday he is prepared to pledge that Ukraine wouldn’t join NATO, in a bid to broker a peace deal with Russia. 

https://nypost.com/2022/03/22/zelensky-we-wont-join-nato-if-that-brings-peace/

5 hours ago, RanongCat said:

This war already about control of Ukraine economy.  Russia want this percent and  Us  control  Nato want same and all !  People have less value than .

Well, even if that's the case, it's a control that the Ukrainian people are overwhelmingly in favor of. 

https://www.euractiv.com/section/politics/news/ukraine-92-want-eu-membership-by-2030/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1284801/ukraine-opinion-on-eu-accession/

29 minutes ago, The Old Bull said:

Zelenskey ,a horrible little man trying to get a world war going so he can keep his job.

And somehow this "horrible little man" has managed to convince the majority of Ukrainians to go along with him. And I'm sure you can explain why his popularity with the Ukrainians shot up when he made clear in no uncertain terms that Ukraine was going to fight back against Russia. If you want to find the  actual "horrible little man" in this war, try looking a bit further east.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, riclag said:

Thanks

Putin either didn't know the true history or is trying to rewrite it; there were never guarantees against eastern expansion. 

The only reason countries want to join NATO is to deter Russian aggression.  Putin could have prevented NATO expansion by not bullying Russia's neighbors.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

The only reason countries want to join NATO is to deter Russian aggression.  Putin could have prevented NATO expansion by not bullying Russia's neighbors.

Thank you .... your statement is absolutely correct.  

9 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

Zelenskey ,a horrible little man trying to get a world war going so he can keep his job.

that horrible little man who invaded someone else's country ..... they need to assassinate  him real soon

Judging by their comments yesterday, it seems that both Ben Wallace and Jake Sullivan are in agreement that Zelenskey should tone down his act. As I said, he should understand that there are limits to NATO support, and that countries face domestic pressure. They answer to their electorates and not him. Being treated as an 'Amazon warehouse', has unsurprisingly rankled them. I, for one, are glad that they are sensibly trying to err on the side of 'strategic caution', despite Zelenskey and his drmands.

9 hours ago, ozimoron said:

There is a reason you don't see many aircraft in this war, they get shot down easily these days.

Not F16's flown like Topgun.

Jokes aside I hear from experts on radio that airpower will give the ground offensive better support, frankly myself I would have no idea.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RanongCat said:

That's getting into the crazy building management system set up in the UK and is another thread really.

16 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

Why thinking I must have other source? Must I believe all anyway ? Is there a rule against suspicioun ?

If you don't trust the media then you must have other sources for information or accept that you are ignorant.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, heybruce said:

If you don't trust the media then you must have other sources for information or accept that you are ignorant.

The other sources can be just someone's opinion or others giving opinion on the radio or tv on what they think is going on behind the scenes, I don't see that as unreasonable.