Few things really annoying with Grap

problemfarang

i have noticed some really annoying things with Grap. Mostly food

1) the map is wrong. My driver always use a way which is not on grap map. I asked them about this and they told me there is a direct small road both for cars and bikes connecting the main road and the road in front of my house. The distance is around 500m. dont know how much money it is. 

2) many grap drivers try to dont give changes. They always say transfer/scan please because they dont have enough money on them.. But when i tell them they can transfer to my bank account they usually shock. 

3) Grap usually shows another house probably 100m away from me. So far never showed my house for 3 years yet. That house is a company house. Again this adds more money to the distance.

4) Some restaurants dont read your notes about the food.

few more things but didnt want to write here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

Grab or Grap? Anyway I have not used cash with Grab for years.  Most drivers (food and transport) prefer it this way.  I am in CNX and most of the Grab drivers I have encountered have been good.  From time to time I have dealt with lazy driver who had dropped the food at the first apartment building in the complex (I live in a 6 building complex).  This ticked me off and I notified Grab that I did not get the food.  The driver was forced to come back and actually hand to food to me as I was waiting in front of my building.  On this delivery of course a one star rating and no tip. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Calling the service Grap is probably the OP’s idea of wit.

His ‘few other things’ are doubtless disagreeable but if he has so many beefs about Grab he should take them up with their customer services or HQ. 

Or he could just pack in using the product altogether.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Grab or Grap?

Aseannow or Asiannow?  "Agghrr.  Who cares."

Well, one is a forum and the other isn't. 

Grap or Grap.
One is a delivery service and the other is non-existent. 

Sqwakvfr or Swavkfrq?  Who cares?

You don't get it - do you?  Ok - I'm done.  I can't do stupid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

28 minutes ago, ArnieP said:

Calling the service Grap is probably the OP’s idea of wit.

His ‘few other things’ are doubtless disagreeable but if he has so many beefs about Grab he should take them up with their customer services or HQ. 

Or he could just pack in using the product altogether.

Well, why not Glap considering the vagarities of the Thai language transliterated? ????
I actually have a pretty good understanding of Thai transliteration which I used to correct Thai English student's mispronunciations of English words.  Yeah yeah, but her for a long time and taught enough English.

Enough.

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, connda said:

Grap or Grap.

You  did not  already here? Ok !  I get shim for less !

I do as a poster above does, give the delivery person a small tip. They work so hard in all weathers and  provide, maintain and fuel their own bikes. 

Off topic: interesting that a member uses the moniker Felton Jarvis. Can’t be too many  people who know who the original Felton Jarvis was.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, connda said:

Grap or Grap.

But there's another service which has a good reputation and you can pay by debit or credit card online when the transport order is confirmed. Very reasonable rates.

Plus customer can add further pick up/delivery details in English and the site automatically translates the message to Thai langauge then sends to the driver. Works in reverse too. 

It's called BOLT. Exxcellent service in Chiang Mai

3 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Or ropped - - to keep in the spirit of things. I have never used the service - if they bring Ray's Pizza or Junior's cheesecake, I might give it a try. 

I bake the best cheese cake (actually i was surprised hoe easy it was to make if you ever want to try) anyway. if you are a good tipper I might be willing to bring you a piece :tongue:

13 hours ago, connda said:

Grap or Grap.

Connda or Canada?  Also, who cares.  What does my forum handle or your forum handle have anything to do with the subject?  Since you can’t do “stupid” then can you do ignorant and uninformed?  

• Haha 1

One problem I found .. you can’t contact the driver after he has dropped off your food. 

I was sitting at Toyota getting my car serviced, waiting for mcD breakfast, watching the little map. Then I saw it had been delivered .. to where? No way of contacting him. He ignored my request of a call on arrival, took the food to the post room where it sat for 30 mins as every employee denied even knowing what McDonalds was. No way to contact grab apart from an email two days later. Will try food panda next time I’m in this situation. 

4 minutes ago, recom273 said:

One problem I found .. you can’t contact the driver after he has dropped off your food. 

I was sitting at Toyota getting my car serviced, waiting for mcD breakfast, watching the little map. Then I saw it had been delivered .. to where? No way of contacting him. He ignored my request of a call on arrival, took the food to the post room where it sat for 30 mins as every employee denied even knowing what McDonalds was. No way to contact grab apart from an email two days later. Will try food panda next time I’m in this situation. 

On the bottom right of the App go to Account.  Then go to Help Center. The scroll down to Call us.  I have called several times.  I have always gotten an English Speaker and stated my complaints.  One of the issues was being charged even though the driver never showed up.  The money was returned the next day. 

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

On the bottom right of the App go to Account.  Then go to Help Center. The scroll down to Call us.  I have called several times.  I have always gotten an English Speaker and stated my complaints.  One of the issues was being charged even though the driver never showed up.  The money was returned the next day. 

Ahh yes, I now notice the .. still need help? contact us option.

I followed the faq and it didn't suggest calling, it said send a report and we will contact you in 24 hours. I was trying to recall because I called and spoke to someone about a taxi booking in the past. I thought they may have cancelled the helpline. 

The easier option would have been to keep the phone line open for a period of time after delivery. I could have voice called the guy uptown the the time he dropped off - I messaged him to tell him where he was. GRAB replied in a follow up that they encourage their drivers to send a message when they dont deliver to the hands of the customer, but the guy just dumped and ran. Really annoying, when I have had deliveries outside the home, the riders have been really good and messaged me - to walk around a big Toyota dealership asking for my McDonalds pissed me off, when I got it, I didnt want to eat the cold muffin. First world problems.