infections between leg

h90

5 hours ago, mania said:

I was thinking this is a likely problem

OP...Do you use cycling shorts?

Lots of folks indoor cycle in regular shorts & underwear & end up with rashes etc

yes I have proper cycling short.....It is a road bicycle....I would not want to sit 2 hours on the saddle in underwear....

I have cycled more than 44,000km in Thailand and have constant battles with soreness/redness etc. I wear 2 pairs of padded cycling shorts and apply Drapolene nappy rash cream to my nether regions before commencing a ride. I've also tried various saddles and saddle positions, chamois cream and other various lotions and potions, but Drapolene seems to work best. After looking at the comments above, I'll try applying coconut oil and see if that works.

1 hour ago, h90 said:

yes I have proper cycling short.....It is a road bicycle....I would not want to sit 2 hours on the saddle in underwear....

Two hours on a indoor trainer is a bit much. You don't like getting outside?

In your OP you said "I sit on a kind of bicycle at home"

In any case...yeah if your sitting on a trainer 2 hours without standing & pedaling your likely rubbing

yourself into a rash etc even with chamois cream

Yeah about underwear....as I said "Lots of folks indoor cycle in regular shorts & underwear & end up with rashes etc " Not just underwear ????

8 minutes ago, thaiowl said:

I have cycled more than 44,000km in Thailand and have constant battles with soreness/redness etc. I wear 2 pairs of padded cycling shorts and apply Drapolene nappy rash cream to my nether regions before commencing a ride. I've also tried various saddles and saddle positions, chamois cream and other various lotions and potions, but Drapolene seems to work best. After looking at the comments above, I'll try applying coconut oil and see if that works.

Do yourself a favor and try cornstarch.

The problem is moisture and friction, creams and or oils will reduce the friction somewhat, but they increase the moisture. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mania said:

Two hours on a indoor trainer is a bit much. You don't like getting outside?

In your OP you said "I sit on a kind of bicycle at home"

In any case...yeah if your sitting on a trainer 2 hours without standing & pedaling your likely rubbing

yourself into a rash etc even with chamois cream

Yeah about underwear....as I said "Lots of folks indoor cycle in regular shorts & underwear & end up with rashes etc " Not just underwear ????

Bangkok and outside bicycle is not so great...and I am an early morning type.....at 2AM, even less great in Bangkok.  when I am on the country side than yes.....I ride outside

2 hours is rather the normal way....I did also 200km indoor. That thing has a regulated brake so if there is a mountain you stand up. Pretty good simulation of reality

• Thumbs Up 1

Something that worked for me before:-

It's a shampoo so easy to use. Just shampoo your lower regions and leave for about 10 minutes before rinsing off.

You can also use any of the other stuff mentioned, but I found this shampoo was the easiest and least messy way of doing things. 

nizoral.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, h90 said:

I heard of men getting problems on the nipples from the TShirt when running.....I never got anything from that (but once a fatigue fracture).

Will try Vaseline as well on the bicycle...thanks for the idea!

Yeah! I've had that. It's noooo joke.  Your nipples get rock hard and won't relax and it hurts.  I got it only once when running and had to take my shirt off.   I've put bandaids on them in a pinch when I didn't have a t shirt under my old cheap polyester uniform shirts.

Try Bacobye ointment (15g tube, most pharamacies around town)), or Bacheu ointment (5g tube, 90 baht, Boots)). I have a red rash, same areas, both legs, where scrotum rubs against the leg. Comes and goes, no itch, just red skin. Pharamacist recommended the aforementioned creams, Usually one or two hits over two days resolves the problem. However, it does reoccur.

• Like 1

Just now, Umlungu said:

Try Bacobye ointment (15g tube, most pharamacies around town)), or Bacheu ointment (5g tube, 90 baht, Boots)). I have a red rash, same areas, both legs, where scrotum rubs against the leg. Comes and goes, no itch, just red skin. Pharamacist recommended the aforementioned creams, Usually one or two hits over two days resolves the problem. However, it does reoccur.

Try Bacobye ointment (15g tube, most pharmacies around town), or Bacheu ointment (5g tube, 90 baht, Boots)). I have a red rash, same areas, both legs, where scrotum rubs against the leg. Comes and goes, no itch, just red skin. Pharmacist recommended the aforementioned creams, Usually one or two hits over two days resolves the problem. However, it does reoccur.

Both products contain Mupirocin 2%.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2023 at 7:24 AM, Daffy D said:

Give this a try:-

When I was cycling a lot in a hot country these "rashes" were common - yes Zinc Oxide (nappy cream) helped, also some sort of fungal powder I was using clotrimazole

On 7/17/2023 at 6:09 AM, Umlungu said:

Try Bacobye ointment (15g tube, most pharmacies around town), or Bacheu ointment (5g tube, 90 baht, Boots)). I have a red rash, same areas, both legs, where scrotum rubs against the leg. Comes and goes, no itch, just red skin. Pharmacist recommended the aforementioned creams, Usually one or two hits over two days resolves the problem. However, it does reoccur.

Both products contain Mupirocin 2%.

This

And once cleared up zinc oxide to prevent recurrence