Online calls for boycott of senators’ businesses top trending overnight

webfact

22 hours ago, RanongCat said:

Sins of the  father? I pity any issue from your "perfect"  loins ! Even those you might deny !

Explain this way maybe: To suggest family of assumed corrupt should suffer is same as North Korea punishings. What difference infant and child and mother are to be punished in actions in which have no part? Need  lock away whole  family of every person who is guilty of crime? I agree the Senators have no honor but have no criminal judgement. Yet some suggest threat against family ! Is so easy to issue such words as if from perfect position ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Seamaster said:

This is when the upper crud reaps the historic cultural benefits of ingrained deference, politeness and reverence for faux status trumps. It's literally against the Thai nature both internal and public

You are likely correct. The reverence of the elites here is something to behold. And the vast majority of the wealthy Thais I have encountered seem to have very few redeeming qualities. Such a sense of entitlement and a feeling of superiority. Yikes. When will the people get fed up, and make changes happen? 

This is not 1685!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

You with the funny math again?
Combine MFP and PTP people and that is over 70% of people that voted.  That just might be enough to show a drop in earnings.  There are many that did not vote that still side with MFP and PTP as well.

You are not very talented in mathematics, but I can help you:

MFP: 14.4 Mill

PTP: 11.0 Mill (and why should they be angry, they didn't vote for Pita.....if there is a PTP candidate and they don't vote for him than yes but that did not happen yet)

Total 25.4 Mill

Registered Voter: 52.2

=49% not 70%

And the rich bored elite housewifes have more time and more money to spend than some young MFP voter.

So in the best case the effect is small in the worst case they even gain.

And my guess is that the percentage that is that much interested and motivated in politics is very small. I guess no effect at all.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, h90 said:

You are not very talented in mathematics, but I can help you:

MFP: 14.4 Mill

PTP: 11.0 Mill (and why should they be angry, they didn't vote for Pita.....if there is a PTP candidate and they don't vote for him than yes but that did not happen yet)

Total 25.4 Mill

Registered Voter: 52.2

=49% not 70%

And the rich bored elite housewifes have more time and more money to spend than some young MFP voter.

So in the best case the effect is small in the worst case they even gain.

And my guess is that the percentage that is that much interested and motivated in politics is very small. I guess no effect at all.

Funny math guy ...  You trying to make your numbers work out to your benefit or your argument???

I corrected you before ... MFP got 38% of the vote.

You use total Thai's of voting age, but only 70% of those actually voted -  37,987,549 .

MFP got 38.00%

PTP got 28.90%

In this case you can add %s thus 66.90% voted for MFP and PTP.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2023 at 1:18 PM, Foxx said:

7/11 is owned by CP ALL.  CP ALL is owned by the Chearavanont family.  No connection with the current senate or the military, AFAIK.

With all respect, I think you are naive to think that CP doesn't have any connections with the government/military elites. CP controls whole swaths of the economy, even the environmental policy is impacted by CP

• Like 1