My Exalted Thai Wife - A Presentation

ChrisKC

More than two years ago on 4 May 2021 to be exact, I posted the following about the award to my wife, Jeab.

What follows would seem in England to be something of a joke. In Thailand its is quite the opposite and with great merit!

"Yesterday, my wife learned that she had been awarded, “COMPANION (FOURTH CLASS) OF THE MOST EXALTED ORDER OF THE WHITE ELEPHANT “, by the King of Thailand.

This follows many years of excellent service to Government and her work as Lecturer and University Director in Education in Buddhism.

In turn, this followed an honoury discharge from the Thai Army (military nurse) as Master Sergeant (First Class), BA and MA (Hons) and Assistant Professorship.

Oh yes, she has written three books as well.

Currently she is a Government Schools Inspector, working online instead of at actual schools because of Covid-19.

This woman, (nickname, Jeab) is a real lady: elegant, dignified, charming, adorable, honest, kind, generous and many other qualities I am so happy to be a large part of.

Jeab has worked hard and long for her rewards and commendations and I am so proud of her and that she chose me to share it all with!

Chris, a lucky husband!"

I have copied and pasted this exactly how it appeared then. There will be Members who will remember this posting, but it is a reminder for them as it relates the second posting and for those seeing it for the first time.

Insignia Companion of the Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant.jpg

There is to be an official presentation of a framed certificate confirming the honour, in Ayuthaya. Though the certificate is signed by the King, he wont be there!  And neither will I. Jeab is travelling with some friends and not room for me but my absence makes no difference to the pride I feel for her and another time in her life when she receives recognition for her 23 years as a military Nurse, a Founder Member and a Director of a Buddhist University and more recently as A Government Schools Inspector, and even more recently as an appointed Director in that work.

I think most of the delay for the presentation is due to Covid 19/

I received many comical reactions relating to "White Elephants" so if you know some I haven't heard, be my guest!

For those of you that believe this award is for anyone with five years Government service and are two-a-penny",  allow me to explain:

Her award is shown as Fourth Class in a category containing eight, where the lowest grade is for people with the minimum years of service and no other achievement. From a UK perspective she is equal to, C.H. Companion of Honour. No money involved!

Why do I write on this subject at all? You know already I am proud of her and I demonstrate that there is more to some women than others. Most items on this forum as it relates to women are problem-related and often are of the 4% representing women of easy virtue. I am giving an example of the 96% vast majority, who are ordinary people, some of whom have achieved something special in their lives worthy of merit and mention.

I appreciated very much the kind comments and congratulations for Jeab from my first posting and since that time, I have met many of her former and current colleagues in the Military, the nursing profession and the Higher Buddhist community and generally and most of all, her many students past and present who seem to be everywhere we go. 

Chris, a continuing "lucky" husband

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1