Pita ready to step aside if his party fails to win senators’ hearts

webfact

6 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

You have spent the last two months variously suggesting that Pita and MFP are a risk to "stability", reckless political adventures with a programme to bring Thailand down, and that they should allow Pheu Thai to take the lead in forming a coalition government.

Now he suggests that he may consider doing that, he is a fraud!

Make your mind up!

I don't get your point....I am still consider that his program is bringing Thailands economic down....and he is a fraud....And my opinion is getting even worse.

yes PTP forming a government would be better.....but that game the PTP plays, while smart it is also ugly....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I think that sensible people might hold their judgments on all and sundry till the end of this week.

I don't see Pita as a scoundrel like the dinosaurs and I don't think he's wrong in offering to step aside if it proves necessary in the PM race to keep the dinosaurs at bay.

What he does show is some inexperience and a tendency to say too much in public. But then he does have a watching audience (including us) who are waiting on his every word ...

It's going to be a long-term labour to reform Thai politics, government & culture. Delaying things till the next election (next year?) is not a bad thing. It will give MFP time to settle in to their unexpected success and be ready to win a REAL majority on their own next time. As leader Pita has to balance the nasty realities of power politics against keeping faith with those who voted for him and those many others who will probably vote for him next time.

Edited by mfd101
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Weak, pathetic, cowardly, self entitled hooligans, who are accustomed to a perch atop the ivory tower, scared to death of being taken down a notch, and being asked to be accountable for their heinous and unforgivable actions. Of course they will resort to whatever dirty tactics they can. That is who and what they are. Filth. They are the deplorables.

This was very poorly phrased. This has nothing to do with hearts. Quite the opposite. This is about money grubbing lowlifes, trying to use their illegitimate positions, to deny the will of the people, steal an election, move the nation backwards, and deny any kind of change or reform. This is a toxic power grab. These senators deserve a lifetime of pain and suffering. One can only hope the people will be bold enough to inflict that upon them. 

Yes but let's not get too overwrought.

2 hours ago, h90 said:

May I correct.....Everytime there is a new politician in Thailand it turns out that he is as much of a fraud as the others.....

So, given all politicians were new at some point, all are frauds? Could be.

6 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Unfortunately, I think Pita will step down...

Two things are inevitable: He will step down and the nail in the coffin, he will be banned from politics. The fist will not be enough for the Constitutional Court and the ????s. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, h90 said:

I don't get your point....I am still consider that his program is bringing Thailands economic down....and he is a fraud....And my opinion is getting even worse.

yes PTP forming a government would be better.....but that game the PTP plays, while smart it is also ugly....

He's a fraud? Please explain.

3 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Everytime there is a qualified new politicin Thailand, the dictatorship will force him/her away.

The global leaders need to start and block Thailand from the international trade as long as they do like this.

Not China. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TheTightArseTraveller said:

If you do a bit of research, this guy is just an American/Big State puppet.

Im not saying change isn’t needed, but I would rather the devil we know that keeps Thailand Thai than a puppet that works to erode Thai culture to replace it with western ‘values’.

So China as an ally is a better option?

4 minutes ago, Billybaroo said:

Two things are inevitable: He will step down and the nail in the coffin, he will be banned from politics. The fist will not be enough for the Constitutional Court and the ????s. 

Step down from what? So far he is nothing more than a failed candidate

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, h90 said:

Beside the value thing, which I agree. He wants a radical anti Myanmar, anti Cambodia and anti China politics....China is not only the biggest trading partner, but also the biggest source of tourism. On top of that, double the minimum salary, higher taxes and higher energy costs.

That would complete kill the industry.

I've asked you for links in the past to your claims, but none were forthcoming. So, links to his radical anti Myanmar policies, links to his radical anti Cambodia policies, and links to his anti China policies please.

In the meantime, here's a sample of their manifesto:

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG230518114550495

And just for good measure, here's a Pheu Thai manifesto from December 2022:

https://www.thaienquirer.com/46486/pheu-thai-up-political-game-after-its-policy-manifesto-announcement-politics-set-to-heat-up/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I've asked you for links in the past to your claims, but none were forthcoming. So, links to his radical anti Myanmar policies, links to his radical anti Cambodia policies, and links to his anti China policies please.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/46486/pheu-thai-up-political-game-after-its-policy-manifesto-announcement-politics-set-to-heat-up/

Google is your friend.....MFP again and again spoke about their stance against the Myanmar military government...so bad that they voiced their concern.

Thanks for the link about PTP....I didn't know how horrible they are.

minimum wage to 600 Baht

new graduates to 25,000 Baht

Central Bank Digital Currency and digital wallets instead of cash to enhance transparency

a single identification system

Eradicate the drug problem

CBDC cashless society with social credit system......

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Best to ignore him, he is anti-democracy, and even supports the cruel, despotic CCP.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I fear that he and MFP are done for no matter what happens.

The elite have had a nasty shock which they dont want repeated. Even if there is a reincarnation of MFP in the future the mechanisms for preventing a repeat of this election result in the next will be firmly put in place over the next 4 years either by a military government brought about by coup or by the coalition (without MFP) through an unholy alliance with the dark side. 

I hope I am wrong.

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

If he's not willing to fight for democracy then he is the wrong guy.

Agree, hang in there - don't step down, fight fight fight, don't let the bar stewards beat you. 

2 hours ago, reptile91602 said:

I don't care what Pita stands for. I only know he is very different from the status quo and in a minute he is ready to submit to their decision to step down. Something just doesn't smell right here. It is always fishy in this country.

Perhaps you can enlighten us as to his "other choices".

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, nikmar said:

exactly - times are changing - slowly. In the next election , things will be much different.

Well, if not the next, the one after that. And if still no luck, try again in the next one after the one after that, and if still RIGGED, just keep on trying. At least by that time, the so-called senators will all be dead. Me too, unfortunately, I was wanting to live long enough in hope of seeing democracy finally winning in Thailand. But for the next-however-many-elections, it looks like SSDD.

Deputy Pheu Thai leader Phumtham Wechayachai told TV 3 Mon morning pro-junta parties are trying to poach MPs from both Pheu Thai & Move Forward. He said 20 PTP MPs & 30 MFP MPs have been offered to switch side & one must be warry of an attempt to form an rival gov't

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1680778548355960833

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, reptile91602 said:

I don't care what Pita stands for. I only know he is very different from the status quo and in a minute he is ready to submit to their decision to step down. Something just doesn't smell right here. It is always fishy in this country.

As noted by others, he isn't stepping down, as hasn't stepped up yet.  No sense in fighting a fight you know you can't win.  

55 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

His party received 32% more of the eligible votes than its nearest rival, and 200% more than the second nearest rival after that; you have a remarkably twisted concept of a failed candidate.

and he just failed to secure prime minister for this party....only because of his talk about monarchy and 112. Most other parties with this big won would be already PM