Pita ready to step aside if his party fails to win senators’ hearts

webfact

15 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Abhisit Vejjajiva. Born in Newcastle, UK. Eton and Oxford educated, mate of Cameron and Johnson. 27th PM of Thailand. Chinese heritage. Has dual UK/Thai nationality. The CC could have disbarred him from holding office, but he had more clout than Thanatorn and Pita, so held on. But was a total disaster despite all his advantages. Took the Democrat party virtually out of Thai politics to where it is now. Spineless, gutless, pointless. With their support, Pita would be almost over the line.

Thanks this guy as you noted his history fail would that include Pita 

" over the line " ?

36 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Oh my god, not the WEF!

Is or at least was on their webpage.

But also happily meeting with them is Yingluck, Thanatorn and Prayuth.

So whoever you vote for, you get Klaus.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

40 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Where in what you've posted here did you say that? And in any case, you get no cigar as

1 it was obvious to all that this was always on the cards, and

2 you've ruled yourself out of any sensible comment by backing an "all governments are bad, chaos is good" platform.

And the "friend" was agreed to by 8 parties. And so far has granted Pita his request to vote on a another doomed amendment, this time to Section 212.

1) it was not obvious to all...some defended PTP that they would never do that, they are inseparable. If you saw that as always on the cards. Than you are one of the more realistic thinking people.

2) you really think Pita/Thaksin/Abhisit are there to help you? You think you pay tax only so we have streets and schools? Was it in any of these times of mass demonstrations care taker governments and coups, etc in Thailand worse (beside in the locations themself), or did everything run just fine, only no one had the time to steal taxpayer money?

My sentence was provocative: What I mean when I try to be more reasonable is: we should have a very small minimal government and bureaucracy. Think of 750 MPs + Senators, than 72 (or was it 77?) provinces with governors, and all have their huge staff (and hire their relatives), what a huge waste this is.

Yes PTP is letting have him a few runs till he complete loose his face and look ridiculous an the same time the senators look like they are complete negative and blocking everything. Makes it easier to have a PTP PM get voted in or a compromise with PTP taking all the minister jobs.

Many speak about Anutin as PM.....not my idea but some people really believe that he has a chance.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

(1/2) BREAKING: At 9:30 am Weds the Constitutional Court will consider whether to accept EC petition to suspend Pita as MP & leader of MFP. If the court accepts the petition for review, Pita will be prohibited from performing his duties until the court reaches a decision.

(2/2) The meeting's date and time coincide with the assembling of parliament, which will vote for the prime minister for the second time.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1680880479388721152

2 minutes ago, h90 said:

1) it was not obvious to all...some defended PTP that they would never do that, they are inseparable. If you saw that as always on the cards. Than you are one of the more realistic thinking people.

2) you really think Pita/Thaksin/Abhisit are there to help you? You think you pay tax only so we have streets and schools? Was it in any of these times of mass demonstrations care taker governments and coups, etc in Thailand worse (beside in the locations themself), or did everything run just fine, only no one had the time to steal taxpayer money?

My sentence was provocative: What I mean when I try to be more reasonable is: we should have a very small minimal government and bureaucracy. Think of 750 MPs + Senators, than 72 (or was it 77?) provinces with governors, and all have their huge staff (and hire their relatives), what a huge waste this is.

Yes PTP is letting have him a few runs till he complete loose his face and look ridiculous an the same time the senators look like they are complete negative and blocking everything. Makes it easier to have a PTP PM get voted in or a compromise with PTP taking all the minister jobs.

Many speak about Anutin as PM.....not my idea but some people really believe that he has a chance.

Assuming Pita doesn't get the required votes, are enough senators PT sympathetic, to support PT's candidate if the coalition includes MFP? Some have said no way.

So PT breaks the coalition with MFP and goes it alone with the whole of the Senate supporting their man, possibly.

Or, PT forms a coalition excluding MFP.

Or, BJT forms a coalition excluding both PT and MFP. Plenty of options there. But the same goes for Nowit.

Thai politics.

8 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Assuming Pita doesn't get the required votes, are enough senators PT sympathetic, to support PT's candidate if the coalition includes MFP? Some have said no way.

So PT breaks the coalition with MFP and goes it alone with the whole of the Senate supporting their man, possibly.

Or, PT forms a coalition excluding MFP.

Or, BJT forms a coalition excluding both PT and MFP. Plenty of options there. But the same goes for Nowit.

Thai politics.

Not my idea....I just parrot someone else.

PT+MFP still to bad for the Senate

PT make a coalitions with BJ and someone tolerate them either dems or one of the military parties but in exchange Anutin will be PM

Sounds crazy to me but there are people who believe it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Run all the #s you want, point is, w/38%, pita was never going to be PM.  He'll be lucky if he keeps his MP position.

Well. it was you running the pointless percentage card. ???? The rest is stating the obvious.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, h90 said:

Not my idea....I just parrot someone else.

PT+MFP still to bad for the Senate

PT make a coalitions with BJ and someone tolerate them either dems or one of the military parties but in exchange Anutin will be PM

Sounds crazy to me but there are people who believe it.

Seems MFP is a Jonah. PT will have to ditch them if they want their own PM. But will MFP even exist this time next week? If they're disbanded, they'll have to have a new election, surely? 151 empty seats in parliament?

25 minutes ago, mancub said:

Well. it was you running the pointless percentage card. ???? The rest is stating the obvious.

Actually it was pilgrim rattling on with #s:

'His party received 32% more of the eligible votes than its nearest rival, and 200% more than the second nearest rival'... inaccurate BTW

Then 'catch' chimed in saying something like 'the people didn't get their choice'

my reply was 38% is not 'the people' ... the other 62% matter also, the ones that didn't choose Pita.

All irrelevant and only he & his party actually dreamed he'd be PM.  Kids, someday they'll learn how to play the game, and actually win.

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Actually it was pilgrim rattling on with #s:

'His party received 32% more of the eligible votes than its nearest rival, and 200% more than the second nearest rival'... inaccurate BTW

Then 'catch' chimed in saying something like 'the people didn't get their choice'

my reply was 38% is not 'the people' ... the other 62% matter also, the ones that didn't choose Pita.

All irrelevant and only he & his party actually dreamed he'd be PM.  Kids, someday they'll learn how to play the game, and actually win.

I feel like we're staring at a crime scene. It's like a terrible injustice has been/is being committed against a whole nation by virtually one man. Maybe 2. I think the constitution of 2017 should be declared invalid, void, a terrible mistake. Scrub it out. Take out the Senate's powers. Something has to change. The Thai people have an elected government. It is in the main the one they voted for. They deserve better than the treatment they're getting. The parallels with their neighbouring countries are there for all to see. I mean, look at the evidence. The way it was introduced. Nobody could debate it, criticise it or talk against it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Thai_constitutional_referendum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Thailand

Scroll down to 2017. It's mind boggling. Criminal.

Edited by bradiston

36 minutes ago, bradiston said:

The way it was introduced. Nobody could debate it, criticize it or talk against it.

And yet they voted for it.  Those 3 above would be enough to vote against it.

They got what they wanted, and hoping as I stated, because nobody simply cared, and not because they really are that ignorant or stupid.

Hard to cry about it now though.  Just accept your decisions of the past.  Also the majority seem not to want Pita or MFP to lead.   People who do, need to accept that also.

Let's move it along ...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

And yet they voted for it.  Those 3 above would be enough to vote against it.

They got what they wanted, and hoping as I stated, because nobody simply cared, and not because they really are that ignorant or stupid.

Hard to cry about it now though.  Just accept your decisions of the past.  Also the majority seem not to want Pita or MFP to lead.   People who do, need to accept that also.

Let's move it along ...

Nah, let's not. If the coalition refuse to renominate a different PM, then it would trigger a constitutional crisis. I wonder how long it would take the coalition to find the missing 51 votes amongst all the abstainers in both houses. The Senate's powers would be exhausted. There would be nothing they could do, except look incredibly foolish.

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Nah, let's not. If the coalition refuse to renominate a different PM, then it would trigger a constitutional crisis. I wonder how long it would take the coalition to find the missing 51 votes amongst all the abstainers in both houses. The Senate's powers would be exhausted. There would be nothing they could do, except look incredibly foolish.

And who's to say the Senate will accept a nomination from a coalition containing the MFP? Some senators have said they will never do that. Break this stranglehold right now. It's a dictatorship!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 5:38 AM, DjSilver said:

Everytime there is a qualified new politicin Thailand, the dictatorship will force him/her away.

The global leaders need to start and block Thailand from the international trade as long as they do like this.

I think that the "global leaders" are elected through similar shenanigans and do not have aspirations of giving power to the people.  I would personally have more faith in the local military to do the right thing for Thailand than the UN or whichever "leaders" you are talking about.  

4 hours ago, wealthychef said:

I think that the "global leaders" are elected through similar shenanigans and do not have aspirations of giving power to the people.  I would personally have more faith in the local military to do the right thing for Thailand than the UN or whichever "leaders" you are talking about.  

You mean, it's all a conspiracy?

37 minutes ago, bradiston said:

You mean, it's all a conspiracy?

Depends on your definition I guess.  I would say in my view, that war and politics are rife with conspiracies.  I believe that if you don't think so, then you are a useful idiot to the monsters who rule us.  Your government lies to you.  Don't care which government. 

• Thanks 1

(1/3) Move Forward Party MPs on Tuesday submitted seven draft bills they said if passed will "demilitarised" the armed forces and "demonopolized" the alcohol industry. Partylist MP Parit Wacharasindhu said the party is making good its electoral pledges by the move.

(2/3) The draft bills which seeks to end compulsory military conscription, abolish the Internal Security Command Operations (ISOC), install civilian supremacy over the military and more. Regarding the demonopolization of the alcohol industry

(3/3) The draft bills will remove barriers which prevent small breweries from competing and oligarchic practices.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1681213808851955712

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Well, all the EU members and USA for start.

U. S.  Has already been accused of supporting Pita,  I for one US isn't in support of interfering we have enough on our hands plus everytime we do the majority of backlash comes from the EU region.  

What about all the money put into the UN. and how about the CCP who leaders here love so much. 

Edited by thailand49
  • Confused 1

On 7/17/2023 at 6:16 AM, stoner said:

weak.

if not you then who pita ? you need to be willing to risk it all. sad day for thailand if you step down. will show them they won. 

I read it differently.  Yes he says he will step down but only after doing everything possible to form a government.  I think he is asking the people to reinforce their vote for him, to be heard supporting him against the senators, whether that is by social media, protests in the street, boycott of senators business interests etc. etc.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, thailand49 said:

U. S.  Has already been accused of supporting Pita,  I for one US isn't in support of interfering we have enough on our hands plus everytime we do the majority of backlash comes from the EU region.  

What about all the money put into the UN. and how about the CCP who leaders here love so much. 

I wamt to see the US stop exporting their products to Thailand until Thailand is a democracy again.

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2023 at 2:33 PM, KhunLA said:

Run all the #s you want, point is, w/38%, pita was never going to be PM.  He'll be lucky if he keeps his MP position.

No big surprise there.  Only surprise is, why did they even have him as a candidate, considering the same happen last time.