Senator threatens online critics with defamation lawsuit after ‘cancel’ campaign

webfact

I'm  not quite sure what trap MF are trying to lay for these senetors, and whether or not it will ultimately work out in the end. But you have to assume that this is exactly the reaction that they were trying to provoke.

Edited by JayClay
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Out of 249 senators, only 13 voted for Pita, with 34 voting against him and 159 abstained. There were 43 senators who didn’t even show

Just as the Junta had planned it.. and Prayut continues to say he only thinks about Thais well-being at heart.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

So convenient! Hiding like scared women, in hope of being protected by someone who actually have a d-k

It's a close competition,  but I think this is a candidate for the most misogynistic post of all time on Asean Now...

42 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Ah the defamation law, refuge of cowards!

I think strong defamation law is good for normal people but not for politicians. They are people of public interest.

2 minutes ago, h90 said:

I think strong defamation law is good for normal people but not for politicians. They are people of public interest.

I of course have no problem with libel laws of the type we are familiar with in the West... the difference wrt defamation is it can be completely and utterly true. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting how the slightest criticism of the upper crust here sets them off. It is probably the first time they have ever encountered resistance or criticism in their entire lives.

Of course the reaction is a call for legal action when it would be far simpler to simply state why you voted, or didn't, the way you did. And why you chose to ignore the will of the people. Just be honest. You think you know what's best for ~ 70% of the voters.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, mark131v said:

<deleted>!! they have seen the peoples choices and roundly ignored them for their own gain, they are the very thing that is holding Thailand back, they were appointed by the junta to ensure that the powers that be never have to leave the trough. For myself I would gladly see every single one of the despicable, dishonourable reptiles dangling from a lamppost. You apologists need to open your eyes...

again what law did they brake? They did according to their job in the constitution which had a referendum.

I agree that the Senator construction is not good....but you seriously want to kill people because they do their job?

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I of course have no problem with libel laws of the type we are familiar with in the West... the difference wrt defamation is it can be completely and utterly true. 

yes I know that problem....if you tell the true it should never be defamation. Here the Thai law is nonsense.

These lowlifes have been bullying the Thai people for many years now. Guess they never expected the favor to be returned. They all assume they are "above it all". Mightier than the masses. Too rich to touch. Well, perhaps things are about to change. Perhaps your lives are about to take a turn for the worse, and you and your families are going to be subject to intense harassment for the cowardly and highly dishonorable positions you accepted. After all, the fortune comes at some cost, right?

You guys are weak, pathetic, cowardly, self entitled hooligans, who are accustomed to a perch atop the ivory tower, and are now scared to death of being taken down a notch, and being asked to be accountable for your heinous and unforgivable actions. Of course you will resort to whatever dirty tactics you can. That is who and what you are. Filth. You are the deplorables.

And now, you show your true colors by threatening the people who voted against your masters, with a lawsuit? You guys should be sent into exile. Or arrested for treason, and sent to prison. That is what you deserve.

• Like 1

I understand that anyone in polotics must declare any business interests that they have, which I assume includes those in the upper house.  That being so and to avoid defamation charges, all one needs to do is publish on the network, "Senator X owner of Y Company which trades in Z comodities is providing the Country with an outstanding product". 

I think most people would get the drift of what is being said and why.

1 minute ago, robertson468 said:

I understand that anyone in politics must declare any business interests that they have, which I assume includes those in the upper house.  That being so and to avoid defamation charges, all one needs to do is publish on the network, "Senator X owner of Y Company which trades in Z comodities is providing the Country with an outstanding product". 

I think most people would get the drift of what is being said and why.