Magazine ranks Thailand 9th best retirement spot on Earth

snoop1130

31 minutes ago, still kicking said:

My wife goes back every 6 months to see her mum which is 80 now but she does not like to go back and live there she knows she has a good live where she lives and works

I cringe at the thought of bringing a foreign woman to the US.  This, to me, is the stuff of nightmares.  I think living in a European country w/ an Asian wife would be ideal.  Wish I didn't hate traveling so much post cell phone, & post 'cough'..

she speaks perfect English 

She should give you a few pointers. ????

Also wanted to say - Thank you to those who responded honestly.  Not being able to own land is a big one for me.

Edited by Cult of the Sun

10 minutes ago, bignok said:

What's perfect English? The English can't even speak perfect English.

I guess you are American, but English is originated in England and no not every English sounds the same there is a different in speaking and writing but English comes from England, I am not English at all, but I can read and write it 

2 minutes ago, Cult of the Sun said:

I cringe at the thought of bringing a foreign woman to the US.  This, to me, is the stuff of nightmares.  I think living in a European country w/ an Asian wife would be ideal.  Wish I didn't hate traveling so much post cell phone, & post 'cough'..

Oh thanks I guess your English is perfect then being Italian 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cult of the Sun said:

Europe has culture. USA/Aus/NZ are rubbish countries imo.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Oh thanks I guess your English is perfect then being Italian 

Most foreign women I meet online can speak way better english than 99% of americans. And a high perecentage of those  americans would make fun of a foreign accent. My comment to you was just joke. I'm  2nd gen Italian American.

America is a ghetto.  I want a time machine so I can go back & tell my grandfather go to another country. ????  But not bc of the land or beauty. The US has plenty of that, but because of what the people are devolving into & how much the truth is hated here. Many protests about the 'agenda' in other countries. not in the US.

Europe has culture. USA/Aus/NZ are rubbish countries imo.

This is a big one for me as well.  The US is the antithesis (below zero, lower than whale dung)  of what could be described as a desirable culture & becoming more so daily.

Edited by Cult of the Sun

8 minutes ago, bignok said:

Which Aus cities have you been to?

Every city but it is a big country (continent) there is some city's I don't like of course, I don't like Melbourne, Sydney is OK i guess I love Perth or maybe Adelaide 

Edited by still kicking

7 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Every city but it is a big country (continent) there is some city's I don't like of course, I don't like Melbourne, Sydney is OK i guess 

No beer in 7/11, no $10 massages, no women under 50kgs, no hotel rooms under $80.

Not much to like.

11 minutes ago, bignok said:

No beer in 7/11, no $10 massages, no women under 50kgs, no hotel rooms under $80.

Not much to like.

Typical yank, we have bottle shops open 12 hours a day, can buy alcohol any time no religious holidays and if you like a prostitute you like to <deleted>, you can get that here as well, and yes there is many women at 50 kg. Halve of Australians are Asians 

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2023 at 7:59 PM, KanchanaburiGuy said:

WE'RE NUMBER NINE!

WE'RE NUMBER NINE!

Nah, just doesn't sound right when you chant it.

----------------

----------------

I always got a kick out of restaurants proudly displaying a plaque from their local Camber of Commerce or newspaper, saying "Best Mexican Restaurant of 2019!" -- Reader's Poll.

I always wanted to say to them, "That's great mate, but who's the best THIS YEAR? Where are THEY?"

(HINT: Any "Best Of" plaque that's older than last year......... take it down! That sad, solitary 2015 "Best Of" plaque just reminds me that you HAVEN'T won it in the last 8 years! ????)

-----------------

-----------------

WE'RE NUMBER NINE!

WE'RE NUMBER NINE!

----------------

----------------

Nope, still not doing it for me!

Lol

Worst / silliest restaurant plaque in my book is the one nailed up in many Thai restaurants from the BAngkok Metro. Admin. (Bangkok ciy council), claiming, amongst a couple of items:

- "GOOD TASTE"

Seems to me good / bad tatste is individual and not something decided by the local council.

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't know about Costa Rica but I don't think Mexican law has much changed about foreign ownership. Foreigners can own all over the country exactly the same as Mexicans EXCEPT within set distance to the ocean and also borders. For the exceptions, yes legal games need to be played and I suppose those arrangements are more risky. 

I was talking about when they changed ownership law about coastal property... also Costa Rica has changed law about coastal property... No direct foreign ownership... in fact, CR has coastal property that even Costa Ricans cannot own... 

5 hours ago, still kicking said:

Typical yank, we have bottle shops open 12 hours a day, can buy alcohol any time no religious holidays and if you like a prostitute you like to <deleted>, you can get that here as well, and yes there is many women at 50 kg. Halve of Australians are Asians 

Half asian? Obviously never lived in Aus. Outside Sydney asians are a minority.

5 hours ago, still kicking said:

we have bottle shops open 12 hours a day,

Most bottleshops shut at 8 or 9pm. Only a few stay to midnight. A Thai curry is $15. A massage is $60 to $70. A $100 hotel room is $22 in Thailand.

Car hire is $70 to $120 a day. A boat tour is $100 to $250.

A taxi is $50 compared to $10 in Bangkok.

A domestic flight is $100 compared to $50 in Thailand. A train ticket would be $50 compared to $8 in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I was talking about when they changed ownership law about coastal property... also Costa Rica has changed law about coastal property... No direct foreign ownership... in fact, CR has coastal property that even Costa Ricans cannot own... 

Mexico hasn't allowed direct coastal property ownership by foreigners for as long as I can remember. You have to do a 50 year renewable scheme for that.

I see from the link there is another category of land that can be confiscated if you don't follow the complicated legal steps properly. Just don't buy land in that category.

Details here

https://www.liveandinvestoverseas.com/countries/mexico-countries/buying-property-mexico-step-by-step-guide-expats/

• 3 months later...
On 7/20/2023 at 12:42 AM, still kicking said:

Why don't you save your frog legs and ask the mods?

He must be doing all this posting from that s$#@whole in europa....don't know why, he and his wifey hate Thailand so move along, why on this forum? Go to www francenow

• Thumbs Up 1