NGO says mercy killing of stray animals is strictly controlled by Thai government

snoop1130

Why do people feel the need to have pets at all? seems like they lack something in their lives or need something as an emotional support, weak pathetic people. Or maybe just something they can show off, bully or even as with dogs, have sex with. What ever the reasons they always seem to expect the rest of us to put up with them when they are messing up our property, creating a racket and stinking the place up, never mind devastating the wildlife, attacking people and causing road accidents. The world would be better off without stinking pets.

• Sad 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not one person has mentioned the Thai Buddhist religion in their rush to advocate killing soi dogs. I never see a soi dog in poor condition. If you want to see abused, starving and mangy stray dogs go to the Philippines. There is a world of difference.

If you don't like the Thai way of life don't live here.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It is wildly misunderstood that it is a main tool used in controlling the number of strays.

16 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Apart from hunting and killing native species, cats can also transmit diseases to local wildlife.

The Toxoplasma gondii parasite carried by cats can infect birds and other animals and cause severe health issues in humans as well. This is spread in the cats poop. 

Please keep cats indoors or in an outdoor enclosure. 

Are you from OZ ?

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It is wildly misunderstood that it is a main tool used in controlling the number of strays.

Not by me or most of us that live here. seems the NGOs are the only ones who have the misunderstanding. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I have heard they might just dig up a flower now and again but do they really do damage to property.?....Surely relative to dogs, that shxt where they please, splash walls umpteen times a day, kill other animals (cats included), chew up furniture, will pull up your sprinklers and bark their stupid head off at squirrels and other dogs, cats begin to look benign...  mine just lies about asleep all day!

Most cats are nocturnal 

20 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

It's total madness to spend time and money capturing, sterilising and treating dogs for disease...then just to dump them back on the street..... 

They should house the captured and de sexed dogs and cats in rehomeing centers and put them up for adoption. 

Those that fail behavioural tests or can't be rehomed after a set time need to be put to sleep. 

In most countries it would be illegal and considered animal cruelty to be dumping dogs and cats on the street to fend for themselves....but these dog charities seem to think that's fine.  It's idiotic. 

But they ARE unwanted which is why they are strays and running wild. There are few if any rehoming centres in Thailand, and very few people will rehome stray animals whether they have been CNVR or not.

20 minutes ago, proton said:

Why do people feel the need to have pets at all? seems like they lack something in their lives or need something as an emotional support, weak pathetic people. Or maybe just something they can show off, bully or even as with dogs, have sex with. What ever the reasons they always seem to expect the rest of us to put up with them when they are messing up our property, creating a racket and stinking the place up, never mind devastating the wildlife, attacking people and causing road accidents. The world would be better off without stinking pets.

If you live in a rural location, dogs to ward off or alert you of visitors unwanted or not, including snakes, cats for rats. 

Emotional support, both have been used to help in hospitals, old peoples homes, it does not make them "Weak pathetic people". Yes my dog can be company to have around when the missus is at work all day, but is normally sleeping outside, it makes me feel safer knowing his there, as he will bark if someone comes, He picks up a leaf, this shows all he has no ill intensions to attack or bite. 

17 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Apart from hunting and killing native species, cats can also transmit diseases to local wildlife.

The Toxoplasma gondii parasite carried by cats can infect birds and other animals and cause severe health issues in humans as well. This is spread in the cats poop. 

Please keep cats indoors or in an outdoor enclosure. 

You should post on the covid mask threads............????..............????

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

I'm guessing you don't read daily news much? Besides the fact that over 60% of people own a pet in the US, worldwide it's almost 40%. I don't think you can call this many weak or pathetic. I've been an animal owner all of my life and been a weightlifter for 48 years, and even though I'm now 66, I'm still stronger than most of the population and when I was in my 50's, I was extremely strong naturally, so I'm hardly a weak person, along with millions of others who train weekly.                                                          Dogs save lives almost daily worldwide, sniff out drugs to help with arrests of criminals, help disabled people get around, provide companionship to all pet owners, and these are people that have wives, husbands and children. they help emotionally with people who have suffered abuse, PTSD, molestation and diseases. Dogs save many lives protecting their owners also. There are some people who show off their pure breeds, but those are the rich, pathetic people that use money and things to boost their egos. The problem here is that people really don't care about their pets once they've grown past puppy or kitten stage, and they are allowed to legally roam free, which isn't allowed in many places where I'm from in Texas, as well as all other states, especially in cities.                                                        Farm animals here roam and do cause problems, and that's because many of them don't have owners. I've had 5 dogs poisoned by some sick imbecile in our village, along with many other neighbors dogs, because he (she) doesn't like them running around, but this is farm country, and they aren't much trouble here. The neuter-spay program helps by lowering the population of viable animals, thereby reducing the population in the future, but it needs to be done countrywide and not stopped, and have help with funding by the government.                                                     Cats should not be allowed to roam because they kill many birds, along with lizards, which help reduce the insects. They can be allowed out but monitored. I love cats but they do kill more than most other animals.                                                                     Pets are a very valuable addition to humans lives, and people that hate them have been raised by parents with this hate, and it's passed down to their children. People who abuse animals are very likely to be abusers of people, and most serial killers get their start this way. It's a power issue, because they have low self esteem and have to take their pent up anger out on animals. In any event, keeping the pet population down by neutering and spaying is only going to help everyone, including the animals.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Also do the most damage to other peoples property, should be on a collar and restricted to owners property

What, tearing fences down, killing their rats..........................????

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Yes, birds kill millions of insects daily, which helps us tremendously. (wondering what emoticon he will use with his reply)

Are you saying birds do not kill other birds, if you are, you are wrong.

And just for you.......................????

• Confused 2

Just now, transam said:

Are you saying birds do not kill other birds, if you are, you are wrong.

And just for you.......................????

Yes, birds kill other birds. And birds have many predators against them. Cats are vicious killers of all small wildlife,billions yearly, and the bigger cats kill most everything else, including hundreds of people.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Yes, birds kill other birds. And birds have many predators against them. Cats are vicious killers of all small wildlife,billions yearly, and the bigger cats kill most everything else, including hundreds of people.

I just told my cat what you said, her reply was................????

2 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

Stop evading the issue you know exactly what is meant, cats invade peoples property and ruin outdoor furniture, bike seats & worst of all defecate where ever they want, smelly vile creatures

Load of tosh..................????

I have two cats, who have never created your problem, don't know about next door though.....................????

• Sad 2

Just now, transam said:

Load of tosh..................????

I have two cats, who have never created your problem, don't know about next door though.....................????

Truth hurts I guess ..........LOL

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm guessing you don't read daily news much? Besides the fact that over 60% of people own a pet in the US, worldwide it's almost 40%. I don't think you can call this many weak or pathetic. I've been an animal owner all of my life and been a weightlifter for 48 years, and even though I'm now 66, I'm still stronger than most of the population and when I was in my 50's, I was extremely strong naturally, so I'm hardly a weak person, along with millions of others who train weekly.                                                          Dogs save lives almost daily worldwide, sniff out drugs to help with arrests of criminals, help disabled people get around, provide companionship to all pet owners, and these are people that have wives, husbands and children. they help emotionally with people who have suffered abuse, PTSD, molestation and diseases. Dogs save many lives protecting their owners also. There are some people who show off their pure breeds, but those are the rich, pathetic people that use money and things to boost their egos. The problem here is that people really don't care about their pets once they've grown past puppy or kitten stage, and they are allowed to legally roam free, which isn't allowed in many places where I'm from in Texas, as well as all other states, especially in cities.                                                        Farm animals here roam and do cause problems, and that's because many of them don't have owners. I've had 5 dogs poisoned by some sick imbecile in our village, along with many other neighbors dogs, because he (she) doesn't like them running around, but this is farm country, and they aren't much trouble here. The neuter-spay program helps by lowering the population of viable animals, thereby reducing the population in the future, but it needs to be done countrywide and not stopped, and have help with funding by the government.                                                     Cats should not be allowed to roam because they kill many birds, along with lizards, which help reduce the insects. They can be allowed out but monitored. I love cats but they do kill more than most other animals.                                                                     Pets are a very valuable addition to humans lives, and people that hate them have been raised by parents with this hate, and it's passed down to their children. People who abuse animals are very likely to be abusers of people, and most serial killers get their start this way. It's a power issue, because they have low self esteem and have to take their pent up anger out on animals. In any event, keeping the pet population down by neutering and spaying is only going to help everyone, including the animals.

You eat pigs, cows and sheep though right? but consider yourself another 'animal lover.' People who EAT animals are very likely to abuse people as well.

Edited by proton
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Not one person has mentioned the Thai Buddhist religion in their rush to advocate killing soi dogs. I never see a soi dog in poor condition. If you want to see abused, starving and mangy stray dogs go to the Philippines. There is a world of difference.

If you don't like the Thai way of life don't live here.

Our local wat now has signs saying CCTV in operation, anyone dumping unwanted animals will be fined 40k baht, even the monks are sick of this nonsense

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, proton said:

You eat pigs, cows and sheep though right? but consider yourself another 'animal lover.' People who EAT animals are very likely to abuse people as well.

You need to research more and post less. It makes you look very silly

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, proton said:

Save me the time what research would that be? on YT is it lol

Actually, it's narcissists, power hungry and controlling people, those that blame others for their own problems, people that break things during arguments, that are cruel to animals, children, elders, that have parents who are were) abusers, the extremely jealous, manipulators, have a poor self image, etc,  that are more likely to abuse people. 80% of the world's population are meat eaters. Your saying that means they are more likely to abuse people? Like I said, research more, post less opinions, because opinions aren't facts. I'm an animals lover, eat meat, and a hunter, but don't abuse people.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually, it's narcissists, power hungry and controlling people, those that blame others for their own problems, people that break things during arguments, that are cruel to animals, children, elders, that have parents who are were) abusers, the extremely jealous, manipulators, have a poor self image, etc,  that are more likely to abuse people. 80% of the world's population are meat eaters. Your saying that means they are more likely to abuse people? Like I said, research more, post less opinions, because opinions aren't facts. I'm an animals lover, eat meat, and a hunter, but don't abuse people.

Meat eaters are just hypocrites pretending to be animals lovers, scoffing them down while drooling over some pathetic pet. Nothing is more narcissistic than a dog owner expecting everyone else to like and make allowances for their disgusting animal trying to hump, lick and jump all over you- he's just being friendly, or, well all dogs bark most of the time is all you will get if you offer any dislike of what their filthy pets get up to, no consideration for others. No consideration either for the suffering of billions of animals slaughtered for food every year, unsustainable.

Here's some facts, dog attacks cost the HNS over 70 million pounds 2017-18 and in the last 18 months bully breeds in the UK have killed 15 people by breeds getting round the 1991 dangerous dogs act, they were not just playing, being friendly, provoked or had bad owners. Pets are bad news.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Yes, birds kill millions of insects daily, which helps us tremendously. (wondering what emoticon he will use with his reply)

Killing millions of insects is not helpful. Like all species, insects are an integral and necessary part of the ecosystem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

Ohhh sorry I suppose your cats urin smells of roses ........................LOL

I do not have male cats, think you need to read up on the subject...........:coffee1:

But, does your urine smell, naaaah, your sh_t don't either, I guess....????

27 minutes ago, proton said:

Meat eaters are just hypocrites pretending to be animals lovers, scoffing them down while drooling over some pathetic pet. Nothing is more narcissistic than a dog owner expecting everyone else to like and make allowances for their disgusting animal trying to hump, lick and jump all over you- he's just being friendly, or, well all dogs bark most of the time is all you will get if you offer any dislike of what their filthy pets get up to, no consideration for others. No consideration either for the suffering of billions of animals slaughtered for food every year, unsustainable.

Here's some facts, dog attacks cost the HNS over 70 million pounds 2017-18 and in the last 18 months bully breeds in the UK have killed 15 people by breeds getting round the 1991 dangerous dogs act, they were not just playing, being friendly, provoked or had bad owners. Pets are bad news.

I think I already asked you to research before replying. that way you would understand the definition of narcissism. Pet owners, especially those that also like people, and have emotions and feelings, can put themselves in others shoes to understand what they are going through, are called empaths, which is the opposite of a narcissist. Animal owners, at least myself and all the thousands I've known, don't expect others to make allowances for their pets, and train their pets not to jump on others, or at least stop them when a dog is trying to make another friend. Pets which go after others in a violent way, aren't trained and aren't supposed to be running free. Barking dogs are a nuisance, and shouldn't be outside where they can bother others, UNLESS people are coming onto that property, and they are warning their owners, which is always a good thing. I don't go for breeding vicious dogs, unless those are dogs in military and police, and are under the supervision of their owners. A god pet is a pleasure. A bad pet is trouble. You can't call people hypocrites because they eat meat that God has provided for us. Some animals are meant as food, and some to domesticate. Eating dogs, cats, monkeys, some birds, and some others isn't right, but a lot of Asians eat everything.

• Thanks 1