Builder scratched my floor tiles

stubuzz

I'm having some block work done and I am keeping my eye on the workers. I have told them to put cardboard on the floor to protect the tiles. However, I just noticed they stacked the concrete blocks on the floor and scratched the tiles!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stubuzz said:

I have given them cardboard and put it down on the floor where they are working, but I cannot follow them around and watch them all of the time.

Pity you didn`t isn`t it......????

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

I'm having some block work done and I am keeping my eye on the workers. I have told them to put cardboard on the floor to protect the tiles. However, I just noticed they stacked the concrete blocks on the floor and scratched the tiles!

A picture would of the scratches would help

I had the condo gardener remove 2 dead potted plants from my balcony and the dragging of the big ceramic pots created giant scratch marks on the tiles.

Applying rubbing compound removed about 80%  of the scratched tile marks and I learned to live with the bad 20%.  It is a constant reminder to not allow workers access if possible.  I put furniture and throw rugs over scratches.

30 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

If you had workmen 'round and that was the only problem they left you with, you got off lightly. They usually leave you with a problem you didn't have previously, often without fixing the original problem.

• Sad 1