Pattaya cops cracking down on teen violence

snoop1130

Teen-violence.jpg

Pattaya cops are cracking down on teen violence after a series of late-night brawls. In the most recent incident on the city’s streets, two youngsters were shot while riding a motorbike on Wednesday night. Police have now caught several suspects from the incident, which occurred near the Sukhumvit Pattaya Karn Chang garage in the Naklua sub-district of Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district.

The deputy chief of Pattaya Police Station, Pol. Lt. Col. Surachet Aneksri, reported that eight male suspects between 15 and 19 years old were apprehended for their alleged involvement in shooting the two teens.

During the investigation, however, the suspects denied using any firearms and claimed to have been present at the scene without direct involvement in the violence. They cited a conflict arising from provocative chat messages exchanged with the victims as the cause of the altercation, The Pattaya News reported.

During the arrest, police confiscated four motorbikes, one airsoft gun, and 10 mobile phones from the suspects. The investigation is ongoing to locate the firearms used in the incident.

Wednesday night’s incident came just two weeks after another incident of teen violence in Pattaya when an 18 year old skateboarder sustained substantial injuries after confrontations with an unruly gang of teenagers at a skate park in South Pattaya.

By Tara Abhasakun

Caption: Photo via The Pattaya News

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/pattaya-cops-cracking-down-on-teen-violence

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JensenZ said:

This gets old. At the detection of some crime, they crackdown, then when they stop cracking down, the crime starts up again.

Why can't they just plan a year round crime prevention stategy instead of this ridiculous on and off again policing.

Police are regularly patrolling; they can't be everywhere due to staffing. Occasionally they have special 'actions'. (You can volunteer if you wish).

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Disagree - if the cost of being caught in teen violence is automatic service in the army for 5 years it might die down a little. Problem is we live in a liberal society these days that does not punish these feral people as we used too

nah the thai army is a playground bangkok hilton is the place

50 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Disagree - if the cost of being caught in teen violence is automatic service in the army for 5 years it might die down a little. Problem is we live in a liberal society these days that does not punish these feral people as we used too

I recall that sometimes being an option in the US; jail or Army service. The Army eventually put a stop to that due to the “quality” of the recruits.

11 hours ago, JensenZ said:

This gets old. At the detection of some crime, they crackdown, then when they stop cracking down, the crime starts up again.

Why can't they just plan a year round crime prevention stategy instead of this ridiculous on and off again policing.

because the effort might make their shirts and trousers split at the seams.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tandor said:

Police are regularly patrolling; they can't be everywhere due to staffing. Occasionally they have special 'actions'. (You can volunteer if you wish).

They have a hell of a lot more Police at their disposal to patrol than countries in the West.

It's just a very ' Thai way ' of doing things. They focus and crackdown on something for two months, then it goes on the back burner and other ' crackdowns ' take priority.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tandor said:

It's good to know they have at least one fanboy on here. Maybe you're the volunteer I used to see working with the cops issuing tickets to foreigners. I believe he was German.

They don't regularly patrol - that's nonsense. They focus on a few areas and you won't see police anywhere else. They DO need a new strategy. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

It's good to know they have at least one fanboy on here. Maybe you're the volunteer I used to see working with the cops issuing tickets to foreigners. I believe he was German.

They don't regularly patrol - that's nonsense. They focus on a few areas and you won't see police anywhere else. They DO need a new strategy. 

Im not German and i never issued tickets

On 7/21/2023 at 10:27 PM, JensenZ said:

You said it!  I knew before I opened the article it wasn’t about any sort of crime prevention. Anytime the BIB get off their do anything about anything, the headlines are glorfying it as a crackdown, with the specific cases almost certainly never to be mentioned again. Let me throw an “until it happens again” on there. 
Yes. It is an old rinse and repeat cycle with the police and the media. Very old and I often come back to reality and wonder why I bother looking at a screen and reading these. This time it was to prove my prediction. Didn’t do anything for my eyesight though!  Way past my bedtime, now that I think about it  ????

On 7/21/2023 at 7:16 PM, wazzupnow said:

this is typically thai upbringing boys are little kings do not tell them any rules and see what you get

trow the parents in jail so these babies will starve to death

Ah here we have a goodie 2 shoes boomer who never did anything bad as a teen. 

22 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

They have a hell of a lot more Police at their disposal to patrol than countries in the West.

It's just a very ' Thai way ' of doing things. They focus and crackdown on something for two months, then it goes on the back burner and other ' crackdowns ' take priority.

Not a good time to be bragging about policing in the west. It is a total disaster. 

9 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

Not a good time to be bragging about policing in the west. It is a total disaster. 

Not bragging

The UK is terribly underfunded with the Police, Border Force, Armed forces in both resources and manpower.

You are right, it is a disaster.