Aussies retain The Ashes

bignok

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Les Darcy was not a world champion, although he did account for quite a few visiting Americans. The rest were. I did forget Jeff Horn as well.

Tsyu was 35 yo when he fought Hatton, who was 27. Trash talk.

lol 8 yrs younger have to do better there Cobber.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

lol 8 yrs younger have to do better there Cobber.

Boxers have retired by the age of 37 on average, beating up an old man in boxing terms is no achievement. Perhaps you guys should retire hurt too, cricket does allow that.

Your posts are met with a dead bat, mine go straight through to the wicketkeeper.

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

There's an old saying, catches win matches. I suspect if the two sides are compared, that is the real reason. Bairstow alone missed chances Carey would have swallowed.

Yeah mate. Bairstow dropped the Ashes.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Good old Aussie Name Timofei Konstantinovitch Tyszu. Now I wonder where his family was from Originally Bigbash.

Like all the best Aussies, they are not descended from England.

If English descendants were all we had then we would be hopeless at cricket also like you blokes. It would be in our DNA.

And other sports.

Commonwealth Games all-time medal table
  • 1 Australia. Gold 974 Silver 807 Bronze 741. ...
  • 2 England. Gold 745 Silver 749 Bronze 736. ...

With less than half your population.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

What has a film got to do with the comment I was replying to..........?  ????

Off topic? I thought this was about cricket Harry?

In the film Rocky, he portrayed himself as a bit of a dope.

Just now, Goat said:

Off topic? I thought this was about cricket Harry?

In the film Rocky, he portrayed himself as a bit of a dope.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight...................And you...............?            :whistling:

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight...................And you...............?            :whistling:

Yes, as i have previously posted I did boxing in Australia and was undefeated before moving on to two years of Muay Tai in Thailand.

I did lose a fight in Bangkok, but i had backed myself to lose with the bookies and won a stack of baht.

The shielas, both western and Thai go crazy over a beef cake, as I am sure you know. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, damian said:

I doubt there is one Aussie sporting fan who was not disgusted, angry and saddened by the whole affair.

Didnt worry me until they started crying. 

They dont make em tough like our generation.

9 minutes ago, Goat said:

Yes, as i have previously posted I did boxing in Australia and was undefeated before moving on to two years of Muay Tai in Thailand.

I did lose a fight in Bangkok, but i had backed myself to lose with the bookies and won a stack of baht.

The shielas, both western and Thai go crazy over a beef cake, as I am sure you know. 

????................Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, must have been 40 years back, eh...........????

26 minutes ago, Goat said:

Like all the best Aussies, they are not descended from England.

If English descendants were all we had then we would be hopeless at cricket also like you blokes. It would be in our DNA.

And other sports.

Commonwealth Games all-time medal table
  • 1 Australia. Gold 974 Silver 807 Bronze 741. ...
  • 2 England. Gold 745 Silver 749 Bronze 736. ...

With less than half your population.

While we're doing other sports and 'Whataboutary'.

Performance at the Summer Olympics:

GB&NI: Gold 284 Silver 318 Bronze 314

Australia: Gold 164 Silver 173 Bronze 210

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

While we're doing other sports and 'Whataboutary'.

Performance at the Summer Olympics:

GB&NI: Gold 284 Silver 318 Bronze 314

Australia: Gold 164 Silver 173 Bronze 210

You going to talk about actors next

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, bignok said:

You going to talk about actors next

Perhaps you should direct your comment to the right person: GOAT mentioned the Commonwealth Games. I simply replied with facts showing the UK's superiority over Australia at a similar, but larger, global event where medals are harder to come by.

As you raised the subject of acting, you might be interested to know that the 'Best Actor' or 'Best Actress' Oscar has been won by a Brit on 42 occasions: Australian actors have won these awards on a mere 6 occasions with only 3 of the actors actually born in Australia. (Source: Wikipedia)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RayC said:

Perhaps you should direct your comment to the right person: GOAT mentioned the Commonwealth Games. I simply replied with facts showing the UK's superiority over Australia at a similar, but larger, global event where medals are harder to come by.

As you raised the subject of acting, you might be interested to know that the 'Best Actor' or 'Best Actress' Oscar has been won by a Brit on 42 occasions: Australian actors have won these awards on a mere 6 occasions with only 3 of the actors actually born in Australia. (Source: Wikipedia)

Load of drivel

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, bignok said:

Load of drivel

Not sure what you are referring to? The Olympics and/or the Oscars? No matter.

It's interesting how you label data which shows a relatively superior UK performance as, "a load of drivel"  whereas you accept data showing Australian superiorly at face value.

Bias and inconsistency, perhaps?

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

Goolagong was a True Aussie from Aboriginal stock. Victor Radley Current Sydney Roosters player is a descendant  from English blood his dads a proud Yorkshire man. No one said all the Aussies stars are from English Stock but i bet i can name a few.

1 minute ago, RayC said:

Not sure what you are referring to? The Olympics and/or the Oscars? No matter.

It's interesting how you label data which shows a relatively superior UK performance as, "a load of drivel"  whereas you accept data showing Australian superiorly at face value.

Bias and inconsistency, perhaps?

Nah RayC just a deflection again. Bigbash is just having a go at us Brits. The Brits invented Cricket, Soccer and Rugby Union and League. What have Aussies invented don't say Aussie Rules that's A bit of Soccer and Rugby probably a bit of Basketball cobbled together. I'll give them there due there good at throwing bits of wood that comes back to them.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, RayC said:

We are talking about England, who we are winning the cricket against. Not the entire UK. 

Big difference there mate. Nice try.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Bigbash is just having a go at us Brits.

Seems to be common gripe.

I have been accused of not liking Brits also.

I have many Welsh, Scottish and Irish friends. 

They dont speak highly of the English i must admit.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Goat said:

Seems to be common gripe.

I have been accused of not liking Brits also.

I have many Welsh, Scottish and Irish friends. 

They dont speak highly of the English i must admit.

Interesting they call themselves Brits not English.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Interesting they call themselves Brits not English.

It is just all nonsense. They have been deflecting everyway possible desperatly looking for excuses why they are losing this series.

They need to have a good hard look in the mirror.