Cannot communicate with MG Thailand.

up2you2

On 7/25/2023 at 3:55 PM, up2you2 said:

Quite amazed after 604 views, that nobody to date has achieved direct communications with MG Thailand.

Myself & other AN member  who are MG owners have.  Myself with no problem at all.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Quality, value, bang for baht, excellent cust. serv.  Added plus, if owning an EV, using their Super Charger network. 

Free instant coffee, (sometimes a coffee machine), water, clean toilets and sugar fill snacks in waiting room, while charging and using free internet.

#1 reason, it bugs the hell out of @transam ????

????........Bug's the hell out of me......????

As you well know, the only thing that bug's me about MG is it is not an MG in the true sense, it is a Chinese ride with the bought smoke screen of "Since 1924 performance", their pick-up says it all.   :whistling:

But as you are not from the UK you may not understand, or you just bought a cheap ride with no interest in MG history, which I reckon you don't, as your family couldn't even keep a basic engineering MGB on the road, at a time when the USA was its major buyer......:whistling:

MG gives you free coffee, hmmm, perhaps you have never been in a main agents before, eh.....:stoner:................:cheesy:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I'm an American (USA) and like most NATO countries, my gov't doesn't care about human rights.

Has CH invaded anyone this century and killed and or displaces 1+ million people .... I think not.

Judge Ye not, and Ye will not be judged.

Strange how CCP executes their own for farting, eh, so get off your high  confused horse...????

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, transam said:

But as you are not from the UK you may not understand, or you just bought a cheap ride with no interest in MG history, which I reckon you don't, as your family couldn't even keep a basic engineering MGB on the road, at a time when the USA was its major buyer......:whistling:

Oh contraire, I know their history oh too well, and why I'd never buy one, unless it was made by China.

• Haha 1

hi,

i bought  in 2016 the top of the brand: MG GS 2.0 turbo. i was very pround of my car, hahaha!

i was very happy with this car until the warranty finished after 4 years and unusual technical problems started and never finished until today: big electric wiring, fuel pump, front and rear axcle, power steering, steering ball joint, ...

cost me nearly 200.000 thb already

impossible to negociate something with the seller or headquarter: the only reply is "the car is not anymore under warranty"

impossible to sale this car second hand, everybody knows it's not good quality

big mistake to buy this chinese brand, every part is low quality

good luck to others buyers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, villerupt said:

hi,

i bought  in 2016 the top of the brand: MG GS 2.0 turbo. i was very pround of my car, hahaha!

i was very happy with this car until the warranty finished after 4 years and unusual technical problems started and never finished until today: big electric wiring, fuel pump, front and rear axcle, power steering, steering ball joint, ...

impossible to negociate something with the seller or headquarter: the only reply is "the car is not anymore under warranty"

Was that purchased in TH or Uk ?

Edited by KhunLA

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And in a nation where resale values tend to be quite high, that says it all. Older Chinese junk. No thanks.

And yet, I got a decent, and expected price for our 2yr old/40k kms 2020 MG, considering market, low customer base and average depreciation rate of 15%-20% per year, the first 2 years.  Less depreciation as time goes on.

Also during Covid, when many weren't splurging on new toys.  A buyers market.

Happy with the sale.  Of course wouldn't have minded getting a bit more, and if located in BKK and a bit more patient, probably would have gotten 10-15% more.  But wanted a quick sale.

4 hours ago, villerupt said:

hi,

It is better than my wife's previous Ford. They actually refused to honor the warranty. She tossed it and bought Honda.

I do prefer American cars over Japanese due to comfort and generally a better ride. It's just that after service on some of these brands sucks.

In totally unrelated issue, how many Farang mugs know tyat the warranty on your brand new shiny condo in Thailand is only 1 year. No wonder Japanese cars here hold better value than real estate.

Edited by Celsius
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/25/2023 at 10:55 AM, JBChiangRai said:

My MG4 is the first car I have ever bought that hasn't had to have something fixed under warranty (touch wood).

And you have had this car exactly how long? .....most cars are fine during the warranty period. But 5-10 years down the track is when you will meet problems. Just be sure to sell it well before the warranty expires. 

On 7/25/2023 at 11:20 AM, Lacessit said:

Can you explain why the OP can get no response out of MG? To me, that is questionable.

I can't be bothered looking up the brands made solely in China to satisfy your carping.

Remember that he is trying to get a response from MG in THAILAND... fully owned and operated in THAILAND... the land of very poor customer response in all they do

3 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Remember that he is trying to get a response from MG in THAILAND... fully owned and operated in THAILAND... the land of very poor customer response in all they do

Not true Sir. Never had an issue in over 3 years.

25 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not true Sir. Never had an issue in over 3 years.

Same with us, contacting Hua Hin dealer (100 kms away), before local dealer opened was care free.  Wife and reps had each other's ph# on their contact list.  

Calling the serv. dept. to schedule oil changes no problem.   Our dash cam in ICE version krapped out, out of warranty, and replaced for free. ????

Local, same excellent service, prompt oil changes, schedule & service performed on time.  Always ask if we want it washed, when done.

As stated prior, EV check up @ 10k was done before I finished my coffee ????

Toyota, & Mitsubishi @ Udon Thani, and Mazda @ UT & Hua Hin, were always make an appointment, drop off, and 'we'll get to it as soon as we can'.  Hours later, come pick it up.

All 4, excellent service, only difference, MG very timely.   All honest, estimates & cost the same when done.   Always a ph call, if anything found before servicing.  N/A to MG, as low kms and no surprises.

Mazda @ Pranburi ... may want to not use, as didn't experience good service there.

Daughter does not speak highly of Mazda @ Pathum Than/hwy 3214.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Toyota, & Mitsubishi @ Udon Thani, and Mazda @ UT & Hua Hin, were always make an appointment, drop off, and 'we'll get to it as soon as we can'.  Hours later, come pick it up.

Mazda Hua Hon are great and fast, also I used Mazda Khon Kaen for 18 years and truly excellent customer service, that's why I have been loyal to Mazda for 20 years. 

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I had a look but Mazda drives so much better. I felt MG were very cheaply made and felt like it wasn't stable. Also the materials looked cheaper than Mazda, or any Japanese car for that matter. I would never buy a Chinese car. 

What MG did you drive (MG3) and what year.   Looked at MG3 back in 2012 ish, and went with the Mazda 2 instead.

That's actually how we got the 2020 MG ZS, as popped into MG, to check out any upgrading of the MG3.  Just a wee bit, but while there, peeked at the ZS (ignorant of), took if for a short test ride, bit of research, returned & bought it.  Gave the M2 to daughter.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1