George Orwell inspired Russian restaurant in Bangkok

snoop1130

23 hours ago, Emdog said:

It is ignorant and lazy to hate someone because of nationality.

Get to know them, have a conversation, check out their views. If you care enough to hate, you should make it personal.

I'm an American.... many times Thais assumed I supported Trump because I'm American. 180 degrees wrong on the support factor. Could be many Russians are here because they oppose Putin. Find out

Yes and no.

It's a fact that many Russians will not be honest with you about their actual views in this historically heated global environment.

You're probably better off looking for non verbal clues about whether they seem like a Z fascist type or not. Also the majority of Russians are aggressively apolitical and that includes the majority of draft dodgers who aren't fleeing to oppose Putin, but to (understandably) save their own skin.

I sympathize with your idealism and I've had the same experience of foreigners incorrectly making assumptions based on my nationality, but there are practical limits. There is a war on. I don't think neutrality or being apolitical isn't defensible any more than it was during WW2. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/26/2023 at 10:05 AM, Zapitapi said:

they actually are welcome almost everywhere ..maybe a little less tv indoctrination would help

As far as number of countries, I think you're right but most are not countries that attract tourists, even Russians. As far as the most desirable countries for Russians to visit (western Europe), they are not welcome.

On 7/26/2023 at 9:23 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

Only by those who can't differentiate between a dictator and warmonger and the 143 million other Russians.

It's not an easiest time to be Russian, but it's much less easy to be Ukrainian. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/26/2023 at 9:00 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

Bizarre post. What has any of that got to do with a long-time resident of Thailand opening a restaurant? He's Russian so he is responsible for what a leader he might detest is doing? Really?

Might or might not - most I e seen fully support their tin pot dictator - my point and the op I was answering point who would want to put money into pockets that MIGHT support Putin? Would you? For me Russia is a country and that country has invaded and committed atrocities against a peaceful sovereign neighbor state And … I didn’t see anywhere in the article the Russia. Denying his support for Putin - that might have been worth a mention if it was true- I suppose if you were a UN country you’d abstain from the vote- bizarre!!!

On 7/26/2023 at 9:22 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Where did I say that I support the Russian regime?   You need to back up that remark.

My comment was about your irrational vent against one Russian man who has opened a restaurant in Thailand, a person of whom you know nothing and, as far as any of us know, has done nothing to further the cause of Russian attacks on Ukraine.

What have the "good people of Liverpool" got to do with it and how could you ever know that they wouldn't share my view of your nonsensical attack on that restaurant owner?

You’re obviously confused between me and the original poster you ranted at. I think you must have been hit on the head by a Thai man with a stick!!! However in my book if you’re not against Putin you must be for him!!

7 minutes ago, bizboi said:

Might or might not - most I e seen fully support their tin pot dictator - my point and the op I was answering point who would want to put money into pockets that MIGHT support Putin? Would you? For me Russia is a country and that country has invaded and committed atrocities against a peaceful sovereign neighbor state And … I didn’t see anywhere in the article the Russia. Denying his support for Putin - that might have been worth a mention if it was true- I suppose if you were a UN country you’d abstain from the vote- bizarre!!!

This man hasn't wanted to live in Russia for 15 years, which might give you some kind of clue as to what his opinion of the country and its leader might be. But no, he is Russian so he must support his country's warmonger. You might as well say that everyone in Thailand supports the army that removed its democratically elected government.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

On 7/26/2023 at 10:21 AM, Emdog said:

It is ignorant and lazy to hate someone because of nationality.

Get to know them, have a conversation, check out their views. If you care enough to hate, you should make it personal.

I'm an American.... many times Thais assumed I supported Trump because I'm American. 180 degrees wrong on the support factor. Could be many Russians are here because they oppose Putin. Find out

I’ll get right on it - I can probably ask them all by 5pm!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

This man hasn't wanted to live in Russia for 15 years, which give you some kind of clue as to what his opinion of the country and its leader might be. But no, he is Russian so he must support his country's warmonger. You might as well say that everyone in Thailand supports the army that removed its democratically elected government.

Rubbish - I haven’t lived I. Uk for thirty years but it doesn’t mean I don’t support the royal family. Thailand has nothing to do with it and it is a very poor analogy

24 minutes ago, bizboi said:

Rubbish - I haven’t lived I. Uk for thirty years but it doesn’t mean I don’t support the royal family. Thailand has nothing to do with it and it is a very poor analogy

Ok, you support the royal family. Has anyone commenting here asked the Russian if he supports Putrid? I think not. He's Russian so he must support him. And everyone from the UK who lives in Thailand supports the royal family. Right. A very poor analogy.

8 hours ago, bizboi said:
On 7/26/2023 at 9:22 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Where did I say that I support the Russian regime?   You need to back up that remark.

My comment was about your irrational vent against one Russian man who has opened a restaurant in Thailand, a person of whom you know nothing and, as far as any of us know, has done nothing to further the cause of Russian attacks on Ukraine.

What have the "good people of Liverpool" got to do with it and how could you ever know that they wouldn't share my view of your nonsensical attack on that restaurant owner?

Expand  

You’re obviously confused between me and the original poster you ranted at.

No, I am not confused, I was responding to your comment that stated that I must support the Russian regime...

"Good to see you supporting a regime that launches cruise missiles at innocent women and children and causes massive environmental damage at the behest of its tin pot dictator".

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 7/25/2023 at 7:07 AM, bunnydrops said:

Now that you have had your two minutes of hate. You can return to your job at the Ministry of Truth.

Yeah. I just try and avoid all the topics to do with Russia. The level that some ppl understand the world is so shallow it is just cringe.