Climate change: July set to be world's warmest month on record

Social Media

38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's not the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere that is under debate but the reason for it being there. Your side's case has not been proven.

What does that mean?

The reason for all that "extra" CO2 in the atmosphere is under debate? You mean, you don't believe that the sharp increase in CO2 is due to human pollution?

On 9/27/2023 at 12:38 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Your facts are not proven to my satisfaction.

Please identify which of the facts are in that category.

CO₂ is a greenhouse gas.

CO₂ concentrations are rising.

The increase in CO₂ is primarily due to burning fossil fuels and other human actions.

The warming of the planet past a certain temperature will accelerate the rate of planet warming.

CO₂ is a very stable molecule and will naturally remain in the atmosphere until removed by plants or by human effort.

35 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

The increase in CO₂ is primarily due to burning fossil fuels and other human actions.

The warming of the planet past a certain temperature will accelerate the rate of planet warming.

Neither of those are what I consider to be facts, despite the ardent wishes of those seeking to profit from the Chicken Little propaganda.

That the increase in CO₂ is primarily due to burning fossil fuels and other human actions is not proven to the satisfaction of all scientists or laymen.

The second quoted is just a theory, as the planet has not yet warmed to that extent.

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

What does that mean?

The reason for all that "extra" CO2 in the atmosphere is under debate? You mean, you don't believe that the sharp increase in CO2 is due to human pollution?

No I don't. I'm with the CO2 rises due to increased temperature theory.

Yes, we pollute our environment and we should stop doing so, and one way to do that is to use more nuclear power, but that has been ruled out, so we are condemned to more years of fossil fuel powered electricity, even in NZ where Auckland relies on a fossil fueled power station.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes, we pollute our environment and we should stop doing so, and one way to do that is to use more nuclear power, but that has been ruled out, so we are condemned to more years of fossil fuel powered electricity, even in NZ where Auckland relies on a fossil fueled power station.

So, why is the temperature rising?

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Cherry picking much? 82% of electric power in New Zealand comes from renewable sources.

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

So, why is the temperature rising?

Not being a climate scientist and frankly having zero interest to find out I am unable to answer that.

However, that does not mean that MMCC is correct, as pointed out by multiple varied sources and I choose to believe them rather than your side on the subject.

29 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not being a climate scientist and frankly having zero interest to find out I am unable to answer that.

However, that does not mean that MMCC is correct, as pointed out by multiple varied sources and I choose to believe them rather than your side on the subject.

Saying the world's scientists are wrong, but not having an alternate explanation for the warming is pathetic.

Why should anyone pay any attention to you? 

When you have something other than your feelings why science is wrong, let us know.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Saying the world's scientists are wrong, but not having an alternate explanation for the warming is pathetic.

Why should anyone pay any attention to you? 

When you have something other than your feelings why science is wrong, let us know.

When did I ask anyone to pay attention to me? Feel free to put me on ignore then.

Perhaps you need a cuppa and a long lie down and then you might feel better.

:coffee1:

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When did I ask anyone to pay attention to me? Feel free to put me on ignore then.

Perhaps you need a cuppa and a long lie down and then you might feel better.

:coffee1:

So, on one side, we have the world's scientists, who have concluded that pollution is warming the planet, and on the other hand, we have your feeling that they are wrong.

17 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

So, on one side, we have the world's scientists, who have concluded that pollution is warming the planet, and on the other hand, we have your feeling that they are wrong.

So what? Whatever the cause of the warming it's irrelevant, unless you think stopping people driving ICE cars and taxes are going to change anything.

What do you think is being done that is affordable, effective and acceptable?

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So what? Whatever the cause of the warming it's irrelevant, unless you think stopping people driving ICE cars and taxes are going to change anything.

What do you think is being done that is affordable, effective and acceptable?

When Deniers can't argue the science, they change subject to mitigation. Then, they ask why mitigation is necessary if global warming isn't real. Shampoo, rinse, repeat.

It's an old Denier trolling technique.

You believe the planet is warming, but you don't believe that the warming is due to increased CO2.

So, what is causing the warming?

Please don't play games by listing whatever usually provides heat - which factor has increased in the last 40 years to produce more warming?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

When Deniers can't argue the science, they change subject to mitigation. Then, they ask why mitigation is necessary if global warming isn't real. Shampoo, rinse, repeat.

You believe the planet is warming, but you don't believe that the warming is due to increased CO2.

Please don't play games by listing whatever usually provides heat - which factor has increased in the last 40 years to produce more warming?

And when alarmists don't "understand" the science, they call people deniers. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2023 on track to be the hottest year as September shatters heat records

Ocean temperatures were also off the charts in September. Average sea surface temperatures reached 20.92 degrees Celsius (69.66 Fahrenheit), the highest on record for September and the second-highest on record for any month, after August of this year. Antarctic sea ice also reached record lows for this time of year.

“This month was, in my professional opinion as a climate scientist – absolutely gobsmackingly bananas,” Zeke Hausfather, a climate scientist, posted on X (formerly Twitter) on Tuesday.

Even in October, there is little sign of heat dying down. European countries, including Spain, Poland, Austria and France, have already broken their all-time October temperature records, according to Maximiliano Herrera, a climatologist and weather historian who tracks extreme temperatures.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/04/world/september-hottest-record-2023-climate-intl/index.html

• Like 1

Warmest September on record as 'gobsmacking' data shocks scientists

Deniers now admit that the planet is warming, they just won't concede that the warming is due to manmade CO2. But if you ask them what is causing the warming, they will change the subject or disappear.

Graph from Dr. Roy Spencer, a prominent Denier

UAH_LT_1979_thru_September_2023_v6_20x9.jpg

Edited by Danderman123

18 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You keep repeating the same thing over and over, and never accept any reply, so I won't bother again.

I have no idea who you are referring to, as no one on here says the planet isn't warming.

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Warmest September on record as 'gobsmacking' data shocks scientists

Deniers now admit that the planet is warming, they just won't concede that the warming is due to manmade CO2. But if you ask them what is causing the warming, they will change the subject or disappear.

Graph from Dr. Roy Spencer, a prominent Denier

UAH_LT_1979_thru_September_2023_v6_20x9.jpg

Or perhaps they just don't care why it's warming.

17 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I understand the science quite well. In fact  I know why the Stratosphere is cooling, a question you and other Deniers cannot answer.

Again, do we actually care if the Stratosphere is cooling? I for one do not.

I'm more interested in what governments are doing to mitigate the effects and so far it's not much at all.

• Haha 1

On 10/4/2023 at 10:20 PM, Danderman123 said:

Seriously? I don't care what they have concluded. It makes no difference to me, as someone that can't do anything about it.

If the world's governments can't come up with anything other than more taxes and conferences in nice holiday resorts what can I do?

I haven't had kids to pollute the planet, so IMO I have done my bit already.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1