Russian Elites Are Transforming Thailand’s Biggest Island as They Become More Unwelcome in the West

webfact

6 hours ago, JensenZ said:

And who said they weren't? The young ones will use Ed Visas. Did you know that Russians can stay on 30-day visa-exempt stamps and do unlimited border runs? Russia and Thailand have special visa arrangements, so they probably have visa options you've never heard of.

????

11 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

Really. Is that all you have to say ? I educated myself on what Russia really is and not what CNN , BBC or Fox claims it is, through investing. 

Good for you.

Is that all YOU have to say?

You do realise that not everybody invests.

Please tell us all in your own words what Russia really is?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well I have no problem with the Russians staying in Phuket and Pattaya 

Just don't flood Hua Hin out as I enjoy the peace and quite there ???? 

There is plenty of other places in Thailand I am sure hotels  and Restaurants would welcome Russians to stay ????

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I've yet to find a decent bowl of borscht in Pattaya. 

Decent borscht?  What's that? ????

I ate at a new high end, fine dining "Russian" restaurant that opened a couple years ago in San Francisco.  Most of the items on the menu were pretty bland.  It's bland poverty food for extremely drunk people.  At least Mexicans have salsa.  Let's leave it at that. ????

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Decent borscht?  What's that? ????

I ate at a new high end, fine dining "Russian" restaurant that opened a couple years ago in San Francisco.  Most of the items on the menu were pretty bland.  It's bland poverty food for extremely drunk people.  At least Mexicans have salsa.  Let's leave it at that. ????

Borscht can be good and coincidentally the best Russian food I've ever had was in San Fransico. Of course there is a history of Russians in Northern California. Borscht is Ukrainian though. 

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Borscht is Ukrainian though

I actually enjoyed the grilled Georgian chicken in downtown Palo Alto.  Best grilled chicken since the grilled chicken shack in Nieman neighborhood in Chiang Mai.  They made some great oven baked potatos with it.  Grilled chicken and potatoes.  Like I said, poverty food.  I'm just saying Russian food will never be better than simple, inexpensive Thai street food. ????

6 hours ago, save the frogs said:

I contacted a school in Phuket inquiring about an ED Visa and I got a reply from a Russian person. Not sure if they were just working there or if they took over the joint. 

The joint is taken over correct............

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I actually enjoyed the grilled Georgian chicken in downtown Palo Alto.  Best grilled chicken since the grilled chicken shack in Nieman neighborhood in Chiang Mai.  They made some great oven baked potatos with it.  Grilled chicken and potatoes.  Like I said, poverty food.  I'm just saying Russian food will never be better than simple, inexpensive Thai street food. ????

Georgian food is excellent but it's not Russian. They have many unique distinctive dishes. I was introduced to Georgian food in Pattaya.

Edited by Jingthing

On 7/29/2023 at 8:31 PM, Raoul101 said:

get real....you don't like russians cause you are racist.

personally i love to meet russian tourists as they are quite and well behaved unlike the british alcoholics who have made an art form of complaining and whingeing about everybody and everything.

thank god that Thais are welcoming of all nationalities and if they are happy how does a foreigner's biased view matter at all......it is their land after all.

Yeah. Word on the street is that the Thai's are happy that the Anglo era is over for that reason. Chinese and Russians mind their own business and are hesitant to escalate. Where as the Anglos make a sport out of escalations about minor issues 

On 7/31/2023 at 2:46 PM, Jingthing said:

Georgian food is excellent but it's not Russian. They have many unique distinctive dishes. I was introduced to Georgian food in Pattaya.

I see one opened in Phuket keep meaning to pay a visit, 

47 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

Yeah. Word on the street is that the Thai's are happy that the Anglo era is over for that reason. Chinese and Russians mind their own business and are hesitant to escalate. Where as the Anglos make a sport out of escalations about minor issues 

No idea which streets that would be. I do know it are not the streets here in Phuket.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes Georgian food is popular with Russians as Russian Russian food is let's face it on the boring side.

seems down here Turkish restaurants and Arab are trending, even the wife likes a couple of Turkish places we have been to.

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

seems down here Turkish restaurants and Arab are trending, even the wife likes a couple of Turkish places we have been to.

Have you been to the Greek place next to the old Cheers bar? If so, any good, Greek and Turkish food tends to be quite similar.