Denied entry. The conclusion with a twist.

9 minutes ago, BritTim said:

They can agree to that, but they will probably refuse your request.

I think it probably comes down to what's going to cause more work, can this person sort themselves out - do they have resources and finances to sort it, or are they just going to be a nuisance and end up back at my desk pleading for help in an hour, in which case probably best put them in detention and let the airline representatives deal with it. It will probably depend on nationality too, and if you have luggage and associated headaches with collecting that, someone arriving from central Africa probably doesn't have the luxury of jumping on any available flight to Malaysia with almost guarantee no-quibble entry. 

But indeed nothing is guaranteed, ask, plead, persist as discretion clearly exists...

Edited by circa02
  • Like 1

Just now, BritTim said:

@paulikens Is it just possible that the original immigration official missed that you had a tourist visa, and believed you were seeking a visa exemption? That would make the original denial correct, and a desire to quietly bury it (with no passport stamp, no charge for the detention room and, hopefully, no record of the denied entry in immigration's system) logical.

I don't think that's the case because i was quite vocal in letting them know that i had a tourist visa.        in a polite but assertive manner as i didn't want to give them even more reason to not let me in by being surly.  

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Good advice.

Here is thread for anyone interested in Malaysia to Thailand via land border.

One of the most comprehensive posts  by the OP. Excellent report

That travel information is out of date so wrong

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, paulikens said:

I don't think that's the case because i was quite vocal in letting them know that i had a tourist visa.        in a polite but assertive manner as i didn't want to give them even more reason to not let me in by being surly.  

Being quite vocal at an IO may be the reason you were declined entry?

The rest is your version of how polite you were. They may have thought otherwise as there must be some reason you were declined entry with a valid tourist visa?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Being quite vocal at an IO may be the reason you were declined entry?

The rest is your version of how polite you were. They may have thought otherwise as there must be some reason you were declined entry with a valid tourist visa?

Certainly, there was a reason. It does not follow that the reason was anything that the OP did wrong. On occasion, human beings (and that definitely includes Thai officials) can make decisions that defy normal explanation.

• Thumbs Up 2