Female teachers required to serve alcohol, dance at religious event

webfact

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good luck that Thailand doesn't even try to be part of the modern world.

Look at those females in modern world countries. Many seem to be crazy and unhappy.

Confused mentally and gendre wise.????

It's quite common at school shows and parents nights for the teachers to work unpaid overtime doing..... whatever, basically.

They are often MCs, entertainers etc etc. The teachers will often do shows as will the students.

There's always food n drink obviously,maybe not always booze though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

omg, I really don't know what to say, ................................. equal rights - women are a lot smarter that the average man in Thailand - nuff said

Cannot agree more to what you write. woman are actually better in most stuff in life then thaimen..

Edited by glegolo18
  • Like 1

Because American teachers never drink alcohol or carry on... so lol.

Obviously, alcohol on campus is not a good thing but in reality if only served to adults by adults is no big deal.

Just a few days ago I saw two students messing about with a science project using xacto knife and a lighter. Things can be done here bc we are still half sane unlike west.

"Forced"

Edited by Seamaster
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Seamaster said:

Because American teachers never drink alcohol or carry on... so lol.

Obviously, alcohol on campus is not a good thing but in reality if only served to adults by adults is no big deal.

Just a few days ago I saw two students messing about with a science project using xacto knife and a lighter. Things can be done here bc we are still half sane unlike west.

"Forced"

Good post! 

4 hours ago, RobU said:

I'm totally gobsmacked, my flabber is completely ghasted. Do the misogynistic governors of this school have any idea of the modern world. Treating teachers in this way is an embarrassment to Thailand and demonstrates that it still acting like an 18th century hypocrisy rather than a modern forward thinking state

I've read of similar cases over many years. It is also common for teachers to be made to work extra hours and at weekends with no extra pay. If they refuse then they are cold-shouldered or sacked. My wife was a teacher, so I write with first-hand knowledge. Now, if they had a union like in the Real World.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How moronic and shortsighted of the school's administrators....

They should have ordered the students to serve alcohol to them AND the female staff.

6 minutes ago, bbko said:

How moronic and shortsighted of the school's administrators....

They should have ordered the students to serve alcohol to them AND the female staff.

And if the students danced well they might get better marks… ????

Mmmm… amazing huh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've read of similar cases over many years. It is also common for teachers to be made to work extra hours and at weekends with no extra pay. If they refuse then they are cold-shouldered or sacked. My wife was a teacher, so I write with first-hand knowledge. Now, if they had a union like in the Real World.......

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

From what i saw in public high school the women teachers do most all the work....I hope the women teachers tell the men to serve their own damn drinks.

Absolutely true. 99% of farang teachers totally clueless. They think the break is a hard earned holiday. Like in US it's a break. On break you catch up, get ahead but break...yeah, few weeks. To approach it in any other way endures shi++y lessons. It's my holl-eee-dayy WA WA WA ????

• Like 1

I cannot possibly see Thai women complaining about this especially when it's connected to their jobs. Thai women instinctively serve and cook and to get in their way just slows them down. So, relax and enjoy Asian culture. Be polite, thankful, grateful.

Another thing we westerners have little when it comes to drinking etiquette but here it can be quite complex. She pours for he but not them, these are senior ... For years after our marriage my wife would wait me if I say... got her a glass of water. ❤️

Edited by Seamaster
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, RobU said:

There's a difference between wokey west 'give me an advantage purely because I'm a woman (e,g. Positive discrimination) and forcing only the highly skilled female teachers to abase themselves in this manner whilst the men do not,  It is pure misogyny. 

Highly skilled ???? at what?

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

When I went to school, none of the teachers danced and served alcohol????

If they had I would had stayed in school longer. Heck I might still be there. 

Please no!!! I went to an all boys school with all male teachers, seeing them dance and prance would have scarred me for life and made discipline impossible. Mind you, if they had served us alcohol????

22 minutes ago, Seamaster said:

Absolutely true. 99% of farang teachers totally clueless. They think the break is a hard earned holiday. Like in US it's a break. On break you catch up, get ahead but break...yeah, few weeks. To approach it in any other way endures shi++y lessons. It's my holl-eee-dayy WA WA WA ????

Do you mean white teachers in the US or are you talking about foreign teachers here?

5 minutes ago, RobU said:

Please no!!! I went to an all boys school with all male teachers, seeing them dance and prance would have scarred me for life and made discipline impossible. Mind you, if they had served us alcohol????

Read the title , Only female teachers are required to do so, 

Male teachers are required to Prance around , flex and pose. 

PS: If you are wondering about some of my posts, It's a cautionary tale of the dangers of watching way too many Monty Python episodes  ????

• Haha 1