Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

Danderman123

6 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

The fact that you have to explain what the thread is about every 2nd post means you've really got the title wrong...get rid of "death watch"

I am so sorry the title of this topic offends you. I will try to do better next time.

Meanwhile, another bar is for sale.

FB_IMG_1690681148986.jpg

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Not necessarily! There are many reasons to close and sell and not just because of failure!

Owner may have family problems and needs to move on.

Police may have banned the owner.

Owner may have died.

Owner may have moved to another bar etc!

That's why i said "usually" we know how profitable those bars are 555

• Sad 1

How much rent do they have to pay now?

I am not familiar with the situation in Pattaya, but I know some rents from Bangkok from before Covid.

With that level it's impossible to make any money.

So how are the rents now? Same as years ago? Half?

Obviously owners will try to get a high rent. But if one day they notice that nobody can afford to pay that anymore then the rents have to go down - or no rent income at all.

• Haha 2

I couldn't get a seat in a few last night in Soi Bukhao/ LK , some were packed with people 

Kilkenny had to share a table which I don't like had no choice and that was in the afternoon not night !!!

Had to sit with 2 swearing drunk morons 

Standing room only outside

What's this bar like at night must be packed in like sardines?

Hungry hippo no seats that was 6pm

Some of them are very busy 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Thanks 1

Well I have a different opinion. In LK area today I saw quite a few bars under renovation. That indicates optimism for the future and high/peak seasons. Pulse, Pandoras and Champagne Club, plus a repurposed place I hope to see open soon, Fever A-Go-Go. This is on top of relatively new LK Angels and Las Vegas.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Usually bars for sale means they haven't been a success, owner burning cash, of course every bar owner says they made money

But the owner needs to return to home country for health or family reasons ????

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well I have a different opinion. In LK area today I saw quite a few bars under renovation. That indicates optimism for the future and high/peak seasons. Pulse, Pandoras and Champagne Club, plus a repurposed place I hope to see open soon, Fever A-Go-Go. This is on top of relatively new LK Angels and Las Vegas.

I am not suggesting that all bars in Pattaya are doomed. The purpose of this topic is to list bars that have closed, or are for sale.

If you want to talk about busy bars, please start your own topic.

Just now, Danderman123 said:

I am not suggesting that all bars in Pattaya are doomed. The purpose of this topic is to list bars that have closed, or are for sale.

If you want to talk about busy bars, please start your own topic.

You seem overly sensitive..... I said absolutely zilch about busy bars. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

You really gotta be a moron or a top-notch entrepreneur to open a bar in this city.

Navigating the industry must have been difficult enough in the past but since covid and inflation, it must be ridiculously hard to make a decent return on your investment.

I don't drink very often but I got myself a beer yesterday in a bar along beach road.

85thb for a small Leo.... lol

I don't even wanna know how much a drink is in beer bars or gogos these days.

Probably as expensive as in the Europe.

Plus ladies harassing you for special f-you drinks... :))

There's a guy on Youtube. Can't remember his name but is channel is called Everything Pattaya.

The bleak take he has on the industry and where it's headed probably has some truth to it.

Many entertainment venues have become too greedy for their own good.

I remember 10 years ago, going at Nana Plaza with friends and getting fck up for something like 1000 thb.

Nowadays it wouldn't be possible. Well... To be fair I haven't tried but I wouldn't be surprised if I had to spend 2000-3000 thb for the same kind of fun these days.

The times, they are a-changin' !

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jacques Clouseau said:

You really gotta be a moron or a top-notch entrepreneur to open a bar in this city.

Navigating the industry must have been difficult enough in the past but since covid and inflation, it must be ridiculously hard to make a decent return on your investment.

It’s almost always people who have been manipulated by the current owner and/or an agent. Some guys are very charismatic and confident and they play potential buyers catering to their weaknesses.

Just seeing a for sale sign and deciding on your own is rare, but if you ever do that you know you have made a good decision.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I'm over the darkside, and there is a new bar opening up every week.

I kept telling Luke to avoid the Darkside....even if his father is Darth Vader...nothing but trouble!

Now hes stuck with a bargirl who has 2 kids and extended family...sick buffalo as well....  (

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jacques Clouseau said:

I don't drink very often but I got myself a beer yesterday in a bar along beach road.

85thb for a small Leo.... lol

I don't even wanna know how much a drink is in beer bars or gogos these days.

Probably as expensive as in the Europe.

Plus ladies harassing you for special f-you drinks... :))

There's a guy on Youtube. Can't remember his name but is channel is called Everything Pattaya.

The bleak take he has on the industry and where it's headed probably has some truth to it.

Many entertainment venues have become too greedy for their own good.

I remember 10 years ago, going at Nana Plaza with friends and getting fck up for something like 1000 thb.

Nowadays it wouldn't be possible. Well... To be fair I haven't tried but I wouldn't be surprised if I had to spend 2000-3000 thb for the same kind of fun these days.

The times, they are a-changin' !

"The Old Days were better" - 

Socrates

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Is it ex Runway bar?

No, it's a few doors down from runway, same owner. He's been trying to sell that bar since before covid. He's asking over 2 mil, no takers.

On 7/29/2023 at 3:19 PM, champers said:

If they don't sell and stay boarded up for months on end you have a point. But, where there are sellers there will always be buyers for these types of places, so just keep your eye out for a new owner and a new name for the premises.

OP is bored again.

Needs to get out and take more photos.????????

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I miss the crowded Soi 8 back in 2003 when the road disappeared under the sheer of totty and punters

I had to google "totty".

Fair call Richard.

I need to get out more or learn Arthur Daley type lingo.????????

1 hour ago, Trippy said:

No, it's a few doors down from runway, same owner. He's been trying to sell that bar since before covid. He's asking over 2 mil, no takers.

what's the difference between gonorrhea and a bar in Pattaya?

You can get rid of gonorrhea.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Jacko you are spot on the money.

There is always a new or renovated premises on the go.

It is the nature of the beast to "run" a pub.

Not sure if it is optimism or simply ego, but good luck to them all.????????