Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

Danderman123

On 7/30/2023 at 4:36 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Usually bars for sale means they haven't been a success, owner burning cash, of course every bar owner says they made money

Easily proved by looking at the books. Only a idiot would buy without doing due diligence.

11 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Not sure if it is optimism or simply ego, but good luck to them all

I believe the constant stream of tourists includes a few recently retired from success back home, with a bundle of cash and ambition and an inability to put their feet up. They may well soon learn Thailand is a different beast...

Owning property in the entertainment zones, and a renovation company is the way to go!

Not just bars in Jomtian and Pattaya... many other types of business that flourish on tourists. 

Half the tourists now. 

Go go bars in Jomtian now... 4 that I know of. It's the same story all over Thailand....especially Bangkoks red light districts. 

End of an era 

Just now, georgegeorgia said:

Your post is spot on.

I will go to Philippines next year can't see any point coming back to Thailand again nowadays year after year .

It's getting too expensive 

In Big C they sell 4 small bottles of Chang for฿134 that’s ฿33 a bottle, yes bars have to make a profit but some sell it for ฿100 plus and even more in go go bars.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Heck no.... high rents and key money make that unlikely

True the LengKee family who own many of these building which have been handed down to the kids mortgage free are cash cows now that the demand is back. 

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Dunno, but they do exist

There is a bar on Soi Bukhao near Soi 21, in the years I have been here it has never has any customers, definitely a laundry bar.

I don’t think the 4 new bars in Soi 7 owned by the same person are laundry bars, I think he genuinely thinks he can make a go of it, good luck to him.

5 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Nu Bar hadn't been in operation that long.  Previously it had a different name and location where it thrived.

Doesn't that mean it was a different bar? Reminds me of the Trigger's broom scene in OFAH ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

There is a bar on Soi Bukhao near Soi 21, in the years I have been here it has never has any customers, definitely a laundry bar.

I don’t think the 4 new bars in Soi 7 owned by the same person are laundry bars, I think he genuinely thinks he can make a go of it, good luck to him.

If by "laundry bar" you mean that its being used to launder money, please remember that people said the same about certain Indian restaurants Back in the Day. And then when Covid hit, those restaurants closed due to lack of business, which is not a thing in the money laundering business.

On 7/29/2023 at 8:24 PM, Pattaya57 said:

Strange thread. Just because a bar is for sale it's on a death watch?

Even stranger that it seems forgotten that Pattaya bars were closed for over 2 years until June 1, 2022 (start April 9, 2020), and then only allowed to open to midnight. The industry hasn't recovered yet, not by a long shot, so the topic of what will open and close is a bit premature. Any bars which made it through the 2-year lockdown will still be in huge debt.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Even stranger that it seems forgotten that Pattaya bars were closed for over 2 years until June 1, 2022 (start April 9, 2020), and then only allowed to open to midnight. 

I came back 21 Jan 2022, seem to remember all bars were open for me (don't visit go go's). Not sure why you think it was June 1?

23 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

If by "laundry bar" you mean that its being used to launder money, please remember that people said the same about certain Indian restaurants Back in the Day. And then when Covid hit, those restaurants closed due to lack of business, which is not a thing in the money laundering business.

I wonder whether they wash money through a bar \ agogo \ other company just for a few years then move to the next. Apparently a off WS agogo was doing it, of course no one admits it bit like using steroids