Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

Danderman123

On 8/2/2023 at 12:01 PM, RAZZELL said:

You would be amazed how much this works. A lot of businesses are now "social media channels" with the core business attached!

His "Sunday live broadcast" bring in donations and "drinks".

Similarly, Trevor from "Buzzin Pattaya" opened a Bar in Soi Pothole. I went a few Sundays back and I could just about get a seat. It was rammed!

You have to realise there are are hundreds of thousands of sad sacks who watch YouTube and say "I'm gonna go to that bar and barfine that girl!"

Right...I'm off to look at some bars for sale :wink:

I think that’s what happened with the backyard on soi pothole and why he was able to sell at a profit (supposedly).

He got a YouTuber to keep coming in and filming the progress with the new place and all these guys kept commenting I will be in there for a beer, etc. They did a final farewell YouTube video and the guy seemed really appreciative and I finally realized what they were letting on.

It’s odd though since I never thought long term expats here were sitting around watching Pattaya videos, but I guess they do, or maybe word just gets around somehow, just like I’m mentioning it here.

No other reason really why someone would go into that particular bar with that dumb theme other then social buzz.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I think that’s what happened with the backyard on soi pothole and why he was able to sell at a profit (supposedly).

He got a YouTuber to keep coming in and filming the progress with the new place and all these guys kept commenting I will be in there for a beer, etc. They did a final farewell YouTube video and the guy seemed really appreciative and I finally realized what they were letting on.

It’s odd though since I never thought long term expats here were sitting around watching Pattaya videos, but I guess they do, or maybe word just gets around somehow, just like I’m mentioning it here.

No other reason really why someone would go into that particular bar with that dumb theme other then social buzz.

Guys like to buy managers and owners man drinks, sad but true

Edited by scubascuba3

On 7/29/2023 at 8:47 AM, PoorSucker said:

Damn, thought it was about Goth go-to bars.

BTW does anyone know any Goth bars?

Have you been to The Castle. More sadistic bondage style,  so I've been told. Xixi. 

As for bars closed down or for sale. Grab yourself a 7/11. Heaps closed down and ripe for the picking. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

After wondering how many bars were in the Pattaya area I tried to find out. The best estimate I could find said there were over 2,500 bars in Pattaya but with a disclaimer saying nobody really knows. It's inevitable some are continuously opening and closing. Im sure many of us have had a fantasy of owning a small successful bar in Pattaya in our more drunken moments. For any dreamer out there you could open a bar populated with girls and lady boys and call it Pot Luck. Feel free to use my brilliant idea, no thanks neccessary.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I am not claiming that Pattaya is dying; far from it.

But, even in the best of times, some bars close.

And news of it happening is worthy I believe.... so many seem to suggest an ulterior motive and simply come looking for an argument. 

• Like 1

Could they have sold as they went bankrupt due to the high tea money necessary for the boyz in brown with golden wings ? Or perhaps sold as they did not want to pay the racket money to the local friendly mafia gangs if any ?

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

• 3 weeks later...

On Soi Bukhao the majority of bars selling beer 60 baht although there were very customers in any of the bars similar in New Plaza, Soi 7 and Soi Pothole. The bars on Beach Road had a few customers but not that many. They will all be hoping for a decent high season if there is one but with the high airfares I can’t see it happening unfortunately.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

On Soi Bukhao the majority of bars selling beer 60 baht although there were very customers in any of the bars similar in New Plaza, Soi 7 and Soi Pothole. The bars on Beach Road had a few customers but not that many. They will all be hoping for a decent high season if there is one but with the high airfares I can’t see it happening unfortunately.

If you take away all the staff from the bars and just left the customers there and turned off the music ????

The bars would look pretty empty.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1