New Thailand Elite Visa packages from September 15th ?

Apologies if this has already been posted. I got an email from one of my regular newsletters that all existing packages will no longer be able to be applied for after September 15th, and will be replaced by new packages. Has anyone else seen this ?   Presumably, the new packages will be at a higher cost ! 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

Apologies if this has already been posted. I got an email from one of my regular newsletters that all existing packages will no longer be able to be applied for after September 15th, and will be replaced by new packages. Has anyone else seen this ?   Presumably, the new packages will be at a higher cost ! 

More requirements. Proof of exemption from military service in your home country maybe. Proof of free from Leprosy, TB, elehantisis etc. etc etc.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Klonko said:

Are there many people considering an Elite visa but not qualifying for a LTR?  

There will be now.

Not everyone qualifies for LTR.

A PE visa is just a price tag.

They are not happy with overstays but otherwise it's simple process. 

One huge question that I have is: will the ability to upgrade from a five-year to a 20-year membership just by paying the difference in the membership price be retained? That is one of the biggest bargains currently on offer, and I think it may disappear.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, BritTim said:

One huge question that I have is: will the ability to upgrade from a five-year to a 20-year membership just by paying the difference in the membership price be retained? That is one of the biggest bargains currently on offer, and I think it may disappear.

That's what I'm thinking of - I plan on upgrading my current 5 year membership to a 20 year membership at some point.

Perhaps I should move quickly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Certainly contact them.

BTW: I do not have a PE visa.

If I did I certainly would look into it.

Yeah, I'll contact them after all this weeks holidays are out of the way.

1 hour ago, Jacques Clouseau said:

It's a strange move.

Usually when what's on offer doesn't sell, you lower your prices, right ?

Surprisingly not in LOS.
Besides, Thai-Elite is the membership to premium VIP services not a "5 y.o. visa". But now it goes exactly that way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Below Hawryluk Legal website that is a Elite Visa agent published below article in early April.   And it was sourced from the following Thai language news website....see this article for the Thai language version.   ttps://www.prachachat.net/tourism/news-1249510

English Language Version at Hawryluk Legal website

https://www.thailandelitevisas.com/thailand-privilege-card-to-undergo-major-rebranding/

April 4, 2023 in Thailand, Thailand Elite, Visa by Admin

Thailand Privilege Card To Reduce Card Types For Better Market Fit

The “Thailand Privilege Card,” also known as the Thailand Elite Visa, is going to undergo a comprehensive makeover. The company will concentrate on proactive marketing in each country, reduce the types of Elite Visa cards, price and benefits adjustments to reflect the current situation, addressing the demands of clients from the next generation. They plan to unveil a new image at the end of this year and hope to exceed 50,000 card sales.

Mr. Manatase Annawat, General Manager of Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd., a company that produces special membership card projects including the Thailand Privilege Card (also known as the Elite Card), has announced plans to rebrand. The company aims to improve the image of the Thailand Privilege Card by reducing the number of card types, adjusting prices, and amending the benefits for every type of membership card.

This is intended to make it more relevant and in accordance with the lifestyle and market of each country’s members. It’s currently in the process of examining the details at this time. In the last quarter of 2023, the program is expected to unveil a new image.

Expected changes include adjusting the marketing strategies to be more proactive and focusing on each country to reach the target audience more directly. Currently, the company advertises in significant places and major events overseas, such as Times Square billboards. They are also willing to collaborate with international media and influencers on public relations.

“The Thailand Privilege Card Co. Ltd. is considering adjusting card benefits to fulfill customers’ demands in the current period. For those seeking a distinctive and exceptional experience, the company is more inclined to collaborate with new business partners to strengthen the Thailand Privilege Card’s competitiveness on the worldwide market.”

In an effort to improve its customer relationships, the company is developing a new CRM system that will focus on communication through social projects (CSR) while incorporating ESG principles in its management practices. Additionally, they are planning to increase service efficiency by leveraging technology, such as by implementing a call center to streamline organizational management.

“We anticipate that by the end of this fiscal year, there’s going to be a total of 30,000 cardholders, up from the present 24,700, and within the next three years, or by 2025, there will be a total of 50,000 cardholders.”

– Manatase Annawat

Mr. Manatase reported that the “Elite Easy Access” card is the top choice among foreign travelers, contributing 42% of the total memberships. The price is set at 600,000 baht. However, based on the current market trend, it was determined that foreigners are paying more attention to family cards. The company plans to lower the percentage of revenue derived from these types of cards to 38% while increasing the proportion of sales for other types of cards instead.

According to Mr. Manatase, immigration patterns are evolving globally, and with the relaxation of border controls, Thailand continues to be among the top choices for foreign travelers. This is good news for businesses that operate in the tourism industry.

However, based on recent reports, Mr. Manatase revealed that foreigners who enter Thailand illegally are capable of applying for a Thailand Privilege Card. In the past, the company used to thoroughly examine the applicants. However, when such a problem arises, the company conducts even more extensive investigations, which may delay the card authorization process.

The Thailand Privilege Card company carries out a criminal background investigation on every applicant. Once the application is received, the details are forwarded to the immigration office in Thailand. In some other countries, like China, the information needs to be provided to the government intelligence agency. This process typically takes 7 to 15 days, while an additional 45 days are required to verify the applicant’s criminal record and other relevant data.

In other news, Mr. Manatase Annawat, General Manager of Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd. paid a visit to Hawryluk Legal Advisors, one of the top Thailand Elite Visa agents in Thailand today (April 4, 2023).  During his visit, he discussed several important topics to improve the elite program; extra benefits to make memberships cater to privileged lifestyle inside of Thailand, the potential increase in Elite visa fees, streamline of 90-day reporting, and more. Hawryluk Legal Advisors is known for its personalized approach to each client, ensuring that their needs are met through a careful and thorough evaluation.  Their clients can rest assured that they are receiving top-tier legal services and expert guidance throughout the Elite Visa application process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jacques Clouseau said:

It's a strange move.

Usually when what's on offer doesn't sell, you lower your prices, right ?

I remember reading in some news article a few months ago that the Thailand Elite Visa Company felt they had too many PE visa choices which can possibly confuse potential applicants and the company wanted to streamline/update (i.e., reduce) the number of different PE visas...and while doing this they could also slip-in updated (i.e., increased) prices.   I think the article said they were considering going to only 5 different types of PEs vs the 7 or 8 they currently have.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

You have the assumption that they want this to be a volume scheme, couldn't be further from the truth.

Not at all. I think they wanna make as much money as possible. As your graph shows, they've been unable to increase the number of eligible people applying for a couple of years now. So their only way to make more money now is to increase their prices (hoping to not lose too many future applicants in the process).

26 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

The amount of cards sold 2021 Oct - 2022 Sep (TPC fiscal year) was 1950 cards generating 1,2 billion thb. Next FY, they sold +5000 cards in only 6 months (Oct 2022 - Mar 2023), generating 3.2 billion in revenues. This FY, ending in ~1.5 months, is set to rake in 10 000 new memberships generating 6-7 billion in revenue. It's an absolute profit center.

What your graph shows is roughly 5000 people added each year since 2019.

I would be cautious with recent numbers because of covid.

As for speculations about their bright future... This is Thailand.

37 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

The 20 year elite superiority extension I bought for 1m last month, not gonna sell for less than 2.5m this autumn.

Yes. Very possible.

It doesn't mean their scheme is a success.

12 minutes ago, Jacques Clouseau said:

Not at all. I think they wanna make as much money as possible. As your graph shows, they've been unable to increase the number of eligible people applying for a couple of years now.

You're only making stuff up now - how do you know about their goals? To the contrary, if you read quotes from the TPC board to local Thai financial news they are unable to satisfy all clients with EPA services - because there are so many new clients! If you want to debate, at least engage honestly. 

You argued it wasn't profitable - I showed you it was. 

You're telling me now that "it's no success" - according to who/what, your opinion? 

I'm out. 

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

That's what I'm thinking of - I plan on upgrading my current 5 year membership to a 20 year membership at some point.

Perhaps I should move quickly.

I saw on a youtube video that the ability to do that is in the contract that you signed, but that the contract also says that they reserved the right to change the price to do so. 

I think that the price increase is as a result of the extra demand that they have now. All about making money.

To me there do seem to be too many packages at the moment and simplifying that would be a good thing.

I had planned to buy the 20 yr one at 1 million baht about 2 years from now. If that will go up by 20-30% then I have some thinking to do, it may make sense to buy now.

• Like 1

i have an original TE membership since 15plus years ago .

I do not use the visa (as not appropriate for me), but i use the "meet and greet" and (sometimes) limo service.

I am a regular traveller in and out of Suvarnabhumi (pretty much monthly) , and my comment would be that i see TE Greet Girls everywhere on any  arrival into TH. sometimes 4 or 5 of them waiting for the same flight.

I always chat about how things are going etc etc. In recent months the reaction has always been along the lines of "OMG! so busy now, we have so many new members" (Chinese mostly). From what i hear they are recruiting new staff and existing staff are being worked harder.

My impression is that the business is booming and i can understand why they would want to adjust pricing.

Actually for a wealthy (say) Chinese businessman the cost is still ridiculously low, given the benefits for such a person. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuvoc said:

That is not the official page of Thailand Elite - it's merely an agent at best.

The official URL is www.thailandelite.com - this one has a - character in the domain so it's a completely different company.

This appears to be the latest official announcement and it's lapsed already :

https://www.thailandelite.com/news/64635900c09dcf531c2bc388/?category=privileges

Edited by ukrules