Pattaya Man Fined 1,000 Baht for Punching South Korean Live Streamer, Live Streamer Fined As Well

webfact

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

So if you went to a restaurant with your wife to celebrate her birthday and I sat at the next table openly filming you as you ate and talked, recording your actions and your conversation for the duration of your stay there, then posted it on YouTube afterwards you'd be fine with that because it's a public place?

But that's not a public space is it.  It's someone private property that they allow people in to eat. 

It's not the same as being outside on the street of beach. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

So if you went to a restaurant with your wife to celebrate her birthday and I sat at the next table openly filming you as you ate and talked, recording your actions and your conversation for the duration of your stay there, then posted it on YouTube afterwards you'd be fine with that because it's a public place?

A restaurant would be a private place, not a public place and recording policy would be up to the owner.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jak2002003 said:

Can be give a link to that law please? 

It's featured on integrity legal, the American lawyer in Bkk you tube, I don't intend to search for it again as it was several months back, he does show the actual law.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A restaurant would be a private place, not a public place and recording policy would be up to the owner.

Maybe a fair call Lou.

But, emotions and taking care of family in the heat of a moment will easily erase any stupid laws.????????

59 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

OK, Let's say you went for a walk along the beach with your lovely wife afterwards and sat under a tree to watch the sunset. I stood a couple of metres in front of you, got my tripod/camera out and recorded your conversation for 20 minutes. Then posted it on YouTube for my thousands of followers to watch.

OK with that? 

Not many people would be but, then, it may not necessarily be illegal in public.  

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nonsense. One Thai was charged and fined B1,000, same as the Korean.

Maybe you just have a smaller understanding of things. The police KNOW that two Thai men threw punches. Why only one charged? Because only one turned up. The other one got off scot-free? They’ll be expected to share the cost. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not many people would be but, then, it may not necessarily be illegal in public.  

I don't care if it's illegal. If some "YouTuber" walks up to someone when they're on the beach or any other public place and sticks a camera in their face and tells them they are being livestreamed to all their "followers" they better hope the camera is insured. 

Why don't you try it? Walk up to a group of Thai males and start filming them and tell them it's being livestreamed to thousands and that it's perfectly legal. Be sure to report back what happened ????.

The Korean got what he deserved. Possibly less.

People with your attitude of disrespecting people's private space deserve what is coming to them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:
35 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You'll be videoed by thousands of cameras anyway, even if you don't see them.

And do they all livestream???

What's the difference, what does it matter?  Unless you follow the livestreamers  you'll never know about it.

• Confused 2

31 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:
34 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not wanting to be recorded in public places is just as naïve.

How so?

Because you're in public, exposing yourself to whatever being in public entails.   What's the difference between being seen doing something in public and being seen doing the same thing through a camera lens? 

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, NextG said:
23 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nonsense. One Thai was charged and fined B1,000, same as the Korean.

Maybe you just have a smaller understanding of things. The police KNOW that two Thai men threw punches. Why only one charged?

Maybe it's you with the "smaller understanding of things", whatever that's supposed to mean.  One Thai was charged and was fined B1,000, same as the Korean and that was what was being discussed.   That his mate wasn't charged is irrelevant to the level of the fine.

12 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I don't care if it's illegal. If some "YouTuber" walks up to someone when they're on the beach or any other public place and sticks a camera in their face and tells them they are being livestreamed to all their "followers" they better hope the camera is insured. 

"I don't care if it's illegal".

It's not illegal! 

"If some "YouTuber" ... sticks a camera in their face"

No one "stuck a camera in anyone else's face".

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Maybe it's you with the "smaller understanding of things", whatever that's supposed to mean.  One Thai was charged and was fined B1,000, same as the Korean and that was what was being discussed.   That his mate wasn't charged is irrelevant to the level of the fine.

That his mate wasn’t charged… Why do you think ‘his mate’ wasn’t charged? Do you think they would happily go without another 1000 baht? It would be just as easy to take 1000 baht off all three of them. In fact, it was ‘his mate’ that did all of the damage in the first place. Everyone involved understood that. But you think somehow the police ignored the person who did the real damage and only went for the one in the brightest shirt? ☺️ It would be no problem for them to call the other one in to get another 1000 baht. If they didn’t, it’s because 1000 baht is enough for two. 

16 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

People with your attitude of disrespecting people's private space deserve what is coming to them.

You have no private space in public and people with your attitude of disrespecting others' rights in public deserve "what is coming" to them also.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, NextG said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

That his mate wasn’t charged… Why do you think ‘his mate’ wasn’t charged?

I've no idea, perhaps the Korean didn't want to press charges on the other, I don't know, but it's completely irrelevant to the fine that was levied on the one that was charged.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"I don't care if it's illegal".

It's not illegal! 

That depends on how it's done and where it's done. Walking up to someone in the street and staring at them for 5 minutes while picking your nose is not illegal. Talking to a woman while running your eyes up and down her body, focusing on her cleavage is not illegal. But if you completely lack social etiquette and get a bloody nose then don't start whingeing about it.

IMO this filming of others should be illegal and the law needs amending. If people lack the common decency to not livestream others in entertainment areas then legislation should be brought in and they should be forced to show the respect for others that they are clearly lacking.

In the meantime, we can all laugh at the Korean for the instant Karma he received ????.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You have no private space in public and people with your attitude of disrespecting others' rights in public deserve "what is coming" to them also.

You are writing nonsense AGAIN. If that were the case then why are there laws against smoking in public for instance?

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So if you're sat on a park bench I can squat on my haunches in front of you and put my face one inch from yours and that's fine because there is no private space in public? I can sit right next to your wife/daughter who is sunbathing in her bikini on the beach and stare at her inanely for hours because there is no private space in public?

You seem to be taking things too literally. You also seem to be unable to differentiate between what is illegal and what is socially unacceptable/inept.  

I suspect you don't actually disrespect people's personal space as much in real life as you claim to think is perfectly fine on this forum. Why? Because you know it's wrong and that it will eventually result in your physical assault. As it did with the Korean.

1 minute ago, NextG said:

You are writing nonsense AGAIN. If that were the case then why are there laws against smoking in public for instance?

Exactly. I'd love to see his reaction if I sat 1 foot away from him on the park bench and stared at him while I sparked up a huge cigar that wafted smoke all over him.

I'm sure he'd say "that's fine, there's no private space in public".????

39 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What's the difference, what does it matter?

What's the difference between a camera shooting a livestream and one that isn't?

If they aren't recording a livestream, then they aren't comparable to someone recording a livestream.

Not that hard to grasp.

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:
26 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So if you're sat on a park bench I can squat on my haunches in front of you and put my face one inch from yours and that's fine because there is no private space in public?

I didn't say that would be ok, but, then, no one is doing what you hypothesised.

38 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because you're in public, exposing yourself to whatever being in public entails.   What's the difference between being seen doing something in public and being seen doing the same thing through a camera lens? 

I understand the difference, I'm just baffled as to how not wanting to be recorded in public is naïve?  I can't see any logic to such a conclusion.

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:
42 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What's the difference, what does it matter?

What's the difference between a camera shooting a livestream and one that isn't?

In terms of the "privacy" that is being discussed, there's no difference.