Arent you tired of the rubbish

bignok

1 hour ago, proton said:

Morlam, luktung, ramwong, lukrung, get off on all of it, kantrum very much a niche, but usually gets put on when the family have had a few. Best times of my life have been at Thai music events, detest pop and string mush though.

...it was the pop and string mush that I had in mind....................

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bignok said:

I just put 14 people in ignore. Improved a lot.

I was up to 8 pages of ignored folks.  Gave them all a reprieve, but some are making their way back on.  Starting to fill up 1 page again.  Though ignore most threads now.  If making my list now, you're really beyond any hope.

If extreme anti EV, Solar, TH, CH, RU, exhibiting total ignorance or just plain stupid, repetitive arguing/no reading compression, have to mention or blame Trump for everything.  Tell me to follow the unverified false science of masks, covid, MMGW/CC, seas rising, then they get ignored.  Along with Obama & Biden are the best.  Use Dem & Rep, left & right labels and I just ignore you.  Bigots and Alkys ... mind boggling.

I think the worse are folks that don't live here, haven't visited, or within last few years, but know everything.  

I'll agree to disagree with anyone, but don't tell me what I know to be facts is incorrect.  Life experience vs barstool ... I win that discussion, it's over.

Then there's the hypocrites, telling us we all need to save the planet, and how to, but do nothing but talk about it ????

I don't even bother opening most thread, and can speed read the titles of 12 hours of postings in about 5 mins.  

EVs, Solar, and O&A is all that interest me.  Got the EV, so nothing I really need to know, along with solar, but still interesting at times.  O&A, well, we can always learn something new.  Or share on those topics.

To say my time on the forum is winding down would be an understatement.

Scanning a thread the other and just thought to myself ... 'this is why I don't interact with expats', locally or when out & about.

A bunch of miserable ol' gits that for some reason, haven't simply committed suicide.

Well ... I feel better  ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I was up to 8 pages of ignored folks.  Gave them all a reprieve, but some are making their way back on.  Starting to fill up 1 page again.  Though ignore most threads now.  If making my list now, you're really beyond any hope.

If extreme anti EV, Solar, TH, CH, RU, exhibiting total ignorance or just plain stupid, repetitive arguing/no reading compression, have to mention or blame Trump for everything.  Tell me to follow the unverified false science of masks, covid, MMGW/CC, seas rising, then they get ignored.  Along with Obama & Biden are the best.  Use Dem & Rep, left & right labels and I just ignore you.  Bigots and Alkys ... mind boggling.

I think the worse are folks that don't live here, haven't visited, or within last few years, but know everything.  

I'll agree to disagree with anyone, but don't tell me what I know to be facts is incorrect.  Life experience vs barstool ... I win that discussion, it's over.

Then there's the hypocrites, telling us we all need to save the planet, and how to, but do nothing but talk about it ????

I don't even bother opening most thread, and can speed read the titles of 12 hours of postings in about 5 mins.  

EVs, Solar, and O&A is all that interest me.  Got the EV, so nothing I really need to know, along with solar, but still interesting at times.  O&A, well, we can always learn something new.  Or share on those topics.

To say my time on the forum is winding down would be an understatement.

Scanning a thread the other and just thought to myself ... 'this is why I don't interact with expats', locally or when out & about.

A bunch of miserable ol' gits that for some reason, haven't simply committed suicide.

Well ... I feel better  ????

Wow  wasnt expecting that. I went from 0 to 14 in 3 days. Got tired of the know nothing types and the biden/trump gibberish.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, bignok said:

Wow  wasnt expecting that. I went from 0 to 14 in 3 days. Got tired of the know nothing types and the biden/trump gibberish.

Got to be careful what door you open with me ... ????

Must have been building up, and think I wanted to post my 1 year wrap up on solar system, before some snowflake reports me, and I get put on vacation ... again ????

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:
15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yeah, right.  Tens of thousands?  Over what period and where did you see those stats?  Perhaps there are stats that show that in the same period your "tens of thousands" were replaced by new arrivals?

Expand  

No. It happened. The expat population is lower now. In the past 3 years many left. 

"No. It happened".

I don't believe you, you can't back up your tens of thousands claim...as I thought.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well, surely it can't be that difficult to explain it to the person to whom you addressed it, then.

Comedians don't explain their material.

As comedians' material is usually humourous,  you should be able to explain yours as you're not one!

On 7/31/2023 at 5:57 AM, bignok said:

Politics

Stupid visas

Stupid movies and music

Terrible drivers

I can not particiate in politics, nor do i want to.

I have no visa issues, someone dies everything for me.

i chose what i watch and listen to, and i have expereinced idiots behingd the wheel everywhere i have ever lived.  

if anything has worn me down it is sites like asean now with its grumbling crumudgeons, and sex pests.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 8:57 AM, bignok said:

Politics

Stupid visas

Stupid movies and music

Terrible drivers

Sounds Sydney ... the drivers, like New York ... especially the drivers, pushy loud obnoxious pedestrians, visas, politics for sure (although they are far saner it seems than a vast swathe of the US population) i.e. any populace that stands in the street and yells F.. Off! to Trump and MTGreene can't be all that bad ... lol ????

• Haha 1

Personally, I enjoy some of the irony around here.

--Guys beefing and moaning about stuff (i.e., actual 'snowflakes') calling out others as snowflakes, apparently in need of a mirror.

--Guys beefing about all the immigrants ruining their home country, all while living in Thailand

As for Thailand, of the many countries in which I've had the good fortune to live, Thailand is among the easiest and more enjoyable. Easy to find what I want and ignore what might not appeal. Some of my Thai friends and staff are pure salt-of-the-Earth and lovely human beings.

Re the OP's list: I have come to accept that as a holder of a Non-B Business Visa and business owner, it is my responsibility to supplement the income of underpaid bureaucrats. In the past that was one thing that was irritating, but now it's just a cost of doing business. The cheek those folks show is amusing ("There seems to be something amiss here, but we can fix it; there are ATMs downstairs if you need")

On this site I have some fav posters. Heck, I even enjoy Gamma (not every topic, but many), as he's clearly a well-read sort, and his eccentricity is somewhat endearing.

Enjoy !

• Love It 1

40 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

a furthering to you diagnosis; chronic xenophobia hahahahaha ????

People expect a lot for nothing. Cheap accommodations and food is not enough. Thailand is just not multicultural. 100's of thousands of people seem to be raised and live almost exactly the same, same tastes, same habits, same customs etc. It is like watching a huge flock of birds of one species fly together and just turn at the same time like magic.

For us, opposites will never attract. We will never be Thai and probably never understand what it is like to be Thai. No matter how long we wait they will not become like us either.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

People expect a lot for nothing. Cheap accommodations and food is not enough. Thailand is just not multicultural. 100's of thousands of people seem to be raised and live almost exactly the same, same tastes, same habits, same customs etc. It is like watching a huge flock of birds of one species fly together and just turn at the same time like magic.

For us, opposites will never attract. We will never be Thai and probably never understand what it is like to be Thai. No matter how long we wait they will not become like us either.

As if all farangs are alike.