Headlight bulb installation in CM?

bg53

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Sorry, Honda bike or car? (and which one?)

Retrofit, LED, HID, fusion?

They make jets too ...

Car.

LED

spacer.png

This is the only Honda jet I can afford.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Cockpit?

I think the big guys don't like getting involved with fitting other people's stuff, guarantees etc....Near anyone can change bulbs, any small place will do it for peanuts....

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, bg53 said:

Know a good mechanic or a good place?

I do not live in your area, light bulb replacement does not need a good place, near anyone can do it, just keep your eyes open for a small workshop..

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Ragang Road 2 about 40 meters before it ends at the T on the right

That might be Ragang Road about 40 meters from the T before the Mae Kia canal.  I have seen maps labeling that road both ways.

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2023 at 5:27 PM, bg53 said:

Where can I go to retrofit headlights? DIY is beyond me.

I will provide the correct bulbs which I bought online. 

You might ask Jimmy at J&N Auto on the 2nd ring road near Global House. I suggest because he regularly restores old cars. He takes care on my 2002 Honda CR-V. Worked 15 years in the states so English is not a problem.  053140323 = shop number      [email protected]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had the halogen bulbs on my youngest daughters Suzuki CIAZ replaced with HID Xenon bulbs.  The shop had lots of HID bulbs in different colours and powers but refused to supply LED, they said aftermarket LED bulbs had fans and the fans seize up with dust and they got fed up with warranty claims.

Apparently factory fitted LED headlights are specifically designed to avoid this problem.

• Love It 1

On 7/31/2023 at 5:27 PM, bg53 said:

Where can I go to retrofit headlights? DIY is beyond me.

I will provide the correct bulbs which I bought online. 

Do you know where the Tops supermarket at meechok is? Just drive past it (on your right) and about 20 meters past on the left there's a vehicle's parts shop. I got a bulb changed there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

An old school headlight. 2 bulbs one for high beam one for low beam and a static reflector.

Modern high end headlight. A number of daytime running lights that require up to a  50 volt transformer. One main bulb that runs at 6 volts due to heat so requires a step down transformer. To alter from high to low beam two 12 volt motors are required to move the reflector, but with the added benefit of self leveling. To manage heat generated at least one 12 volt fan is required. All of this requires a chip controlled logic board with more computing power than the Apollo moon landing. this is one example of why a shortage of chips is critical in car production. And why some OEM headlight assembles cost upwards of 3,000 US each.